[REMOVE ADS]

Official says Prince died of opioid overdose

What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    What a shame.
    It is becoming an epidemic in the U.S.

I hate to say this, but this is why one shouldn't be a hypocrite: play yourself up to be one thing, and turn out to be another, then try to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I hate to say this, but this is why one shouldn't be a hypocrite: play yourself up to be one thing, and turn out to be another, then try to hide it.
    Not disagreeing at all, but that describes all of us.

Exactly. It is my understanding that Prince was taking painkillers due to his pain from hip surgery. Whether or not he became hooked on them has not been established.

I have a friend who's brother died from an overdose of Vicodin. He was suffering from lower back and jaw pain. He took too many at one time because of the severity of the pain. He went to bed and never regained consciousness.

Now hopefully all of the lies and rumors of Prince dying from AIDS can be put to rest:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celeb...id=ansmsnent11

Not me. Like the Dramatics song says: "Whatcha See is Whatcha Get"!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now hopefully all of the lies and rumors of Prince dying from AIDS can be put to rest:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celeb...id=ansmsnent11
    Yeah, finally! But now people are calling him a junkie.

Yeah, finally! But now people are calling him a junkie.
    Oh they love to trash iconic figures like Prince , Michael, Whitney once they are gone and then out the other side of their faces talk about all the great music they left us with. Screw 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh they love to trash iconic figures like Prince , Michael, Whitney once they are gone and then out the other side of their faces talk about all the great music they left us with. Screw 'em!
    But, as fans, we want the world to know the truth. He wasn't a "junkie". he just got addicted to pain meds for his severe pain, probably from decades of jumping off of things in platform shoes, and probably a partial hip replacement gone bad. And, he wasn't gay or bi, and didn't have AIDS. I even read something today where someone is questioning whether his name really was Prince.

Not me. Like the Dramatics song says: "Whatcha See is Whatcha Get"!
    I'll take your word for it. Someone once told me that it frightened him to consider the things that he'd do if not for the constraints of society. Until that discussion, it never dawned on me how horrible I would be if there were no consequences for my actions. In my opinion, few of us know who we really are because we never got to find out. And a lot of those who do are in jail.

With that said, I'm tired of the hypocrisy and stigma society places on people who are addicted to drugs. The drug war is simply a vessel to justify the "justice" institution, which is bloated and ineffectual. I feel sadder to hear how he died. He's just as missed as he was before.

I'll take your word for it. Someone once told me that it frightened him to consider the things that he'd do if not for the constraints of society. Until that discussion, it never dawned on me how horrible I would be if there were no consequences for my actions. In my opinion, few of us know who we really are because we never got to find out. And a lot of those who do are in jail.
    I say it comes down to personality, not what we are allowed to do.

But, as fans, we want the world to know the truth. He wasn't a "junkie". he just got addicted to pain meds for his severe pain, probably from decades of jumping off of things in platform shoes, and probably a partial hip replacement gone bad. And, he wasn't gay or bi, and didn't have AIDS. I even read something today where someone is questioning whether his name really was Prince.
    Prince was a dude that in many ways grew up just like we did. True, his family was somewhat dysfunctional, but he developed his God given talent in spite of that and gave it to the World!