[REMOVE ADS]

Hitsville Bulletins from 1964/1965

Are any members familiar with the in-house published Hitsville Bulletins that were issued by Motown in 1964 and 1965?

I located a copy of one of them from the Music, Arts, and Literature unit of the Detroit Public Library. Through a communication with them, I learned that this is the only one issue that they have in their collection. It has been reported that this existed for a two year period through 1965.

Has anyone else seen these or does anyone else have any of these in their collections? It would be great to see every one that was published.

http://detroitlib.tumblr.com/post/14...-february-1964

Certainly some must exist somewhere.

The headline "New Products" in that newsletter is a bit off-putting for music.

The boy from xtown should be commenting on something in a FLASH! once he sees it!

Already seen it Carole.....It was in Al Abrams book

What surprises me most is that they recorded those tracks before they won their contest against the Supremes.

This is a perfect example of the material that was lost when the Donovan Building was demolished.