[REMOVE ADS]

OPALS on Okeh Records

To my knowledge, the legendary OPALS from East Chicago recorded a total of 3 records on the OKEH label. I have two of the three in near mint condition,
    7188 Does It Matter b/w Tender Lover
    7202 You Can't Hurt Me No More b/w You're Gonna Be Sorry

The third one I need for my collection. It is:
    7224 Restless Days b/w I'm So Afraid

If anyone has any idea where I might locate 7224 for a fair price, I would appreciate you sending me a private email. Does anyone have these three
    in their collections? Great girl group.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    To my knowledge, the legendary OPALS from East Chicago recorded a total of 3 records on the OKEH label. I have two of the three in near mint condition,
    7188 Does It Matter b/w Tender Lover
    7202 You Can't Hurt Me No More b/w You're Gonna Be Sorry

The third one I need for my collection. It is:
    7224 Restless Days b/w I'm So Afraid

If anyone has any idea where I might locate 7224 for a fair price, I would appreciate you sending me a private email. Does anyone have these three
    in their collections? Great girl group.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  21.1 KB
    I have all 3, [[bought them new, when they were out), and I also have their first single, from 1962. Beltone 2025 [["Hop, Skip & Jump" b/w "Love", and their first Okeh release, "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers" [[Okeh 7184), singing over Clifford Davis' instrumental [[sometimes listed as: "Clifford Davis and The Opals, sometimes listed as: "Clifford Davis - Vocal by The Opals").

Here is the Beltone record:
    Name:  OpalsBT.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  36.0 KB
    Last edited by robb_k; 05-22-2016 at 11:41 AM.

What a sound those girls had! I don't have any singles of theirs and I'm not looking for any
    I only have a few songs on compilation disc. They recorded on other labels too, didn't they?
    I can't get over how many great groups just vanished before getting their due...

They were fine too!

Attachment 11357

The opals were a great group who didn't get nearly enough attention.

Remember that The Opals were the background singers for Betty Everett's "Shoop, Shoop Song [[It's In HIs Kiss)". I'm not positive but I think "You're Gonna Be Sorry" was on the Okeh label.
    Last edited by chemelr; 11-01-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chemelr View Post
    Remember that The Opals were the background singers for Betty Everett's "Shoop, Shoop Song [[It's In HIs Kiss)". I'm not positive but I think "You're Gonna Be Sorry" was on the Okeh label.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yes it was.

Is that the same Opals group on the Laurie label singing Does It Matter?

Restless Days [[Soul Soul Soul Volume 6) and I'm So Afraid [[Okeh A Northern Soul Obsession) are available on CD comps.

Oldies

Quote Originally Posted by oldiesmusicfan View Post
    Is that the same Opals group on the Laurie label singing Does It Matter?

Restless Days [[Soul Soul Soul Volume 6) and I'm So Afraid [[Okeh A Northern Soul Obsession) are available on CD comps.

Oldies
    No! The Opals on Laurie were a male group. They never sang a song titled "Does it Matter". THAT wassung by The Okeh girls group, and released on Okeh Records. It was written by Billy Butler and first sung by his Enchanters.