[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross´ Unreleased Albums???

I´ve known about "Revelations", "To The Baby", "Blue" and "DR Sings Songs From The Wiz", but Are there any other unreleased albums by Diana?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post
    I´ve known about "Revelations", "To The Baby", "Blue" and "DR Sings Songs From The Wiz", but Are there any other unreleased albums by Diana?
    Apart from the unreleased standards album from 1985 i am not aware of any complete unreleased albums other than live albums of which many were recorded.. There are certainly unreleased tracks from sessions in the 70's, 80's and 90's and possibly a few from the noughties but that's it as far as i am aware

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Apart from the unreleased standards album from 1985 i am not aware of any complete unreleased albums other than live albums of which many were recorded.. There are certainly unreleased tracks from sessions in the 70's, 80's and 90's and possibly a few from the noughties but that's it as far as i am aware
    Bluebrock, if anyone knows the answer to this question, it would be you. Is it true Diana re recorded the hits of the Supremes in 2000, in hopes of releasing updated versions? Nile Rodgers was rumored to be the project's producer.
    BTW, I really enjoy the information you've added to recents posts on Diana's recording career.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Bluebrock, if anyone knows the answer to this question, it would be you. Is it true Diana re recorded the hits of the Supremes in 2000, in hopes of releasing updated versions? Nile Rodgers was rumored to be the project's producer.
    BTW, I really enjoy the information you've added to recents posts on Diana's recording career.
    Yes that is true Johnny. It was a little later than 2000 - around 2004 if i recall correctly. Nile himself confirmed this but i am led to believe iit was to "updat" her solo work rather than the Supremes material. I think that rumour surfaced around the time of "return to love" when it was assumed that tour would be a success, and the idea was to update some Supremes tunes, but when the tour flopped the idea was abandoned and Diana and Nile went into the studio and [[so i'm told) recorded enough material for a full album using her solo material and a couple of chic/sister sledge numbers. Let me look into this Johnny. I had totally forgotten all about it.
    P.S. Thank you for your kind words which are very much appreciated.

I have also hear she planed an album of Harold Harlen songs around 91/92.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    I have also hear she planed an album of Harold Harlen songs around 91/92.
    I believe that was the same project as the one previously discussed.

I forgot about the Niles recording sessions. many fans have said they were playing the updated supremes mixs during the RTL tour or maybe it was a medley, not sure? I didn't make the show since it was cancelled as soon as it got here to Baltimore. I was also under the impression that there was a song called Return To Love that Lynda Lawrence wrote for the tour and that Diana Scherrie and Lynda recorded the song.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I forgot about the Niles recording sessions. many fans have said they were playing the updated supremes mixs during the RTL tour or maybe it was a medley, not sure? I didn't make the show since it was cancelled as soon as it got here to Baltimore. I was also under the impression that there was a song called Return To Love that Lynda Lawrence wrote for the tour and that Diana Scherrie and Lynda recorded the song.
    I remember hearing about the Return To Love song that was to be recorded. Though I heard that it was written by Luther Vandross and would be produced by him too. That was only if the tour was successful. I think that they might have wanted to tack it on to a live concert album of the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post
    In early '82, Motown planned a "Lost & Found" album on Diana in their midline reissue LP series. The album was assigned a catalogue number of M7-214V1. Unfortunately, I couldn't obtain the proposed tracklisting at the time but we can all probably guess at what vaulted tracks might have been included.

Ivor

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    In early '82, Motown planned a "Lost & Found" album on Diana in their midline reissue LP series. The album was assigned a catalogue number of M7-214V1. Unfortunately, I couldn't obtain the proposed tracklisting at the time but we can all probably guess at what vaulted tracks might have been included.

Ivor
    M5-214V1 is the catalog number for Diana's Duets, which was released in September 1981. This was the time frame that WDFFIL was released by RCA. Motown was considering releasing Revelations. Could Revelations be the Lost & Found that was being considered before cancellation. The single We Can Never Light That Old Flame Again b/w Old Funky Rolls was also released in September.

I have always wanted to see a complete track line up for Revelations. Not sure that one has ever been published or the catalog number assigned. Does anyone have this ? Berry Gordy, I believe, shelved the Revelations release to not detract from Diana's 1st album for RCA.

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    M5-214V1 is the catalog number for Diana's Duets, which was released in September 1981. This was the time frame that WDFFIL was released by RCA. Motown was considering releasing Revelations. Could Revelations be the Lost & Found that was being considered before cancellation. The single We Can Never Light That Old Flame Again b/w Old Funky Rolls was also released in September.

I have always wanted to see a complete track line up for Revelations. Not sure that one has ever been published or the catalog number assigned. Does anyone have this ? Berry Gordy, I believe, shelved the Revelations release to not detract from Diana's 1st album for RCA.
    Berry threatened to release a "new" album for every new RCA album whilst he was angry with her for leaving Motown but once he calmed down he wisely decided against it and he was soon back on good terms with Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post

Sorry Greg for that mistake. You are quite correct with that catalogue number being the one used for "Diana's Duets" . I've just checked the list the UK Motown office agave me at he time and the cancelled "Lost & Found" album was assigned the catalogue number of M5-213V1. Oops!!

Like you, I've often wondered if the cancelled "Lost & Found" set ended up as the proposed "Revelations" album which, presumably, if it had been released would have been a full priced album and not part of the midline LP series.

Ivor

and don't forget some of the L&F/Revelations content could have been repurposed for her Anthology lp set in the 80s. I believe it was originally planned to include more than just the couple of unreleased tracks that were used.

i'm not aware of any other full lps. there were some aborted projects:

Bones & Howe debut lp
    rumors of a Smokey set around the time she did Kewpie Doll - one source said it would be titled Satisfaction
    2nd Richard Perry lp to follow Baby It's Me
    Ross 78 was to be a disco lp entitled Feelin' Fun
    2nd chic produced lp following diana
    To Love Again - assuming this would have been an entire lp of new Masser material
    Central Park live album