[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson New Recording - on ‘California Feeling 2.’

Los Angeles, CA, May 15, 2016 — MsMusic Productions is pleased to announce the newest single by Dylan LeBlanc from Beach Boys lyricist Stephen J. Kalinich and friends’ CD ‘California Feeling 2.’The track, ‘I Don’t Have A Clue,’ was written by LeBlanc, Kalinich and Jon Tiven, and produced by Tiven and mixed by three-time Grammy Award winner Mark Linett. Dylan LeBlanc’s gift took him from being an Applebee’s server to ‘the new Neil Young’ in a matter of months. He walked away from an unlikely major brand deal after releasing two critically acclaimed albums. Exhausted at just 23 years of time old, Dylan came home to Muscle Shoals, Alabama to write a new life for himself. In between the moments of clarity and a few familiar falls, he moreover wrote a new album, ‘Cautionary Tale,’ a collection of shimmering, arresting songs with the same haunting vocals in that caught the attention of Lucinda Williams and Bruce Springsteen, now with a sharpened edge honed by hastened maturity. He is currently on a national tour. The- compilation which LeBlanc’s new single is featured on, ‘California Feeling 2,’ is a collection of new recordings once again dedicated to Kalinich’s career-spanning prose, and moreover includes performances by such legends as David Marks of The- Beach Boys, Mary Wilson of The- Supremes, Steve Cropper of Booker T. …

Read more on this topic…MsMusic Productions releases new Dylan LeBlanc single from California Feeling 2

It is unfortunate that Mary Wilson's name is not listed on the cover as one of the featured performers.

Does anyone know what song Mary performs on this CD? I looked for a tracklist but found none.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_sku View Post
    Does anyone know what song Mary performs on this CD? I looked for a tracklist but found none.
    I have to find it too. This is VERY new.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    It is unfortunate that Mary Wilson's name is not listed on the cover as one of the featured performers.
    Yeah, what's up with that? Someone already gave her a great review on Amazon for her performance on the CD.

According to this site - http://diskunion.net/rock/ct/detail/RS151030-01

Her song is 'You Dance My Heart Around The Stars' - I guess it's a remake?

Quote Originally Posted by motown01 View Post
    According to this site - http://diskunion.net/rock/ct/detail/RS151030-01

Her song is 'You Dance My Heart Around The Stars' - I guess it's a remake?
    That may be the case. It is a magnificent song Mary originally recorded with Gus Dudgeon:

Mary is appearing at the Golden Nuggest, Atlantic City June 24

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Mary is appearing at the Golden Nuggest, Atlantic City June 24
    I saw her in Atlantic City back in the 80s!

Gang, this is NOT a new recording. It is the old recording, previously unreleased, but included here because Steven Kalinich co-wrote the song. I got the CD a couple of months back....

Hey mistercarter2u, thanks for that info. Since he was never released until, I'd love to have the song on CD.

For once, it's too bad that this CD is not available to buy and download individual tracks. :-)

I just heard that Mary's song may be released as a single and the album may come out on vinyl!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I just heard that Mary's song may be released as a single and the album may come out on vinyl!
    Oh now that is awesome news. It was too great of a song to sit in the can forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    Gang, this is NOT a new recording. It is the old recording, previously unreleased, but included here because Steven Kalinich co-wrote the song. I got the CD a couple of months back....
    I am just realizing that I spoke with or rather chatted with Steven a few years ago about this song. He mentioned that he wrote the lyrics and Ken Hirsch wrote the melody.

With all due respect to the posters above, I will believe it when I see it [[Mary'S Motown album).

Additionally, we have been promised "Clairty" for almost 12 years. Additionally, SWEET FEET has promised a new album/CD for many months. I love Mary but these promises are bordering on the preposterous.

p.s. Did we REALLY need over 20 mixes of IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON?????

Either you are a recording artist with releases or you are are a stage performer. Mary [[and her producers) need to decide which she is. Even die hard fans -- like me -- become disenchanted with these "false" and misleading promises. She is a terrific stage performer so let's stop with proposed CD releases that never come to pass.

With all due respect to the posters above, I will believe it when I see it [[Mary'S Motown album).

Additionally, we have been promised "Clairty" for almost 12 years. Additionally, SWEET FEET has promised a new album/CD for many months. I love Mary but these promises are bordering on the preposterous.

Either you are a recording artist with releases or you are are a stage performer. Mary [[and her producers) need to decide which she is. Even die hard fans -- like me -- become disenchanted with these "false" and misleading promises. She is a terrific stage performer so let's stop with proposed CD releases that never come to pass.
    Well I know one thing for sure, it is not Mary's fault. Whenever she produces her own CD/DVD they get get released! Do you have the live Jazz CD/DVD set "Up Close"?

I would like to see Mary add this song to her concert set list.

Yay! Once again your negative comments are much appreciated. I won't even comment further, other than Sweet Feet Music was able to do for Mary what no one had been able to do in 36 years. For that, they were very satisfied with the project and are looking forward to getting back into the studio with Mary for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by thesupremes View Post
    Yay! Once again your negative comments are much appreciated. I won't even comment further, other than Sweet Feet Music was able to do for Mary what no one had been able to do in 36 years. For that, they were very satisfied with the project and are looking forward to getting back into the studio with Mary for another one.
    Do it! Please do another one with Mary! Thanks!