[REMOVE ADS]

The Impression's former lead singer, Reggie Torian, has passed

Reggie Torian's cousin told me today that Reggie had passed; he was the former lead singer of the Impressions, first joining them circa 1973. When Reggie joined, they had three more top twenty R & B records, "Same Thing it Took", "Sooner or Later" and "Finally Got Myself Together". His cousin told me that Reggie had left the Impressions last year and was in semi-retirement; he was going to sing with the Independents for an upcoming show, and passed away suddenly. I met him a couple of times when he was in Detroit, he was very nice and we talked a long time about the Impressions and Chicago Soul in general.
    http://chicago.suntimes.com/person/reggie-torian/feed/

Reggie did a great job with the group. He had his own string of hits with them. I enjoyed his work and am sad to hear of his passing. Rest in peace Reggie, you were great! Thanks man.

Marv

Here they are with Reggie in the middle:

Attachment 11311

Marv, great pic! Thanks! Can you post their you tube video when they were over in England? Man, they sang HIT after HIT after HIT! Wish I could've been there!

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Marv, great pic! Thanks! Can you post their you tube video when they were over in England? Man, they sang HIT after HIT after HIT! Wish I could've been there!
    I will try to find it Sting. You know that Reggie led on their first recording in over 30 years called "Rhythm".

I hope this is the one you were referring to:

The Impressions Live @ Prestatyn Soul Weekender 8th of March 2014

or this one for The Impressions first visit to the UK for over 35 years at the Northampton Soul Weekender 2008, Reggie Torian on great form.

Yes! That's it! Thank you Marv! And additionally, thank you motownmorph1 for your posting of the Impressions video!

Shocked and saddened to hear of Reggie's passing. He fitted in with Sam and Fred perfectly and was very popular in the UK. Here's an HD video from 2013 which visually and vocally shows Reggie at his best.

Sad. Saw The Impressions about three years ago in London. A great show. As Reggie was quite a bit younger than Fred and Sam it seems more of a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by stingbeelee View Post
    Yes! That's it! Thank you Marv! And additionally, thank you motownmorph1 for your posting of the Impressions video!
    Hey Stingbeelee you are most welcome. Thank you too Motownmorph for that other clip.

Reggie was very cool.................

Attachment 11316

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEW-UK View Post
    Shocked and saddened to hear of Reggie's passing. He fitted in with Sam and Fred perfectly and was very popular in the UK. Here's an HD video from 2013 which visually and vocally shows Reggie at his best.

Oh they sound so good here. I wished here in America we were not so ageist and would support our older, classic acts more. I bet a lot of people here did not know that the Impressions were still performing live.

The Impressions - Finally Got Myself Together [[Soul Train 1974)

Waiting Game feat. Reginald Torian of The Impressions

This is just a great song and performance:

Reggie performed his first acting role as Curtis Mayfiled and it was vry very successful. He intended following up his acting career playing the role of Carl Davis...

I saw him play Curtis Mayfield in the play at Jackie Taylor's, Black Ensemble Theater a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I hope this is the one you were referring to:

The Impressions Live @ Prestatyn Soul Weekender 8th of March 2014

Thanks Marv!

You're welcome DET!

Thanks to all who posted videos. Very nice.