[REMOVE ADS]

The "New" Temptations Go Back to Basics!

Check out the latest version of the legendary Temptations and their song selection. It is clear that they have gotten back to the basics!

Larry's a tremendous singer in his own right and was a terrific fit with TOP, yet Otis still hasn't found that lead to pull off the Ruffin "gruff-stuff" with any real original authenticity...Out there somewhere, just hasn't been discovered...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 05-01-2016 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Larry's a tremendous singer in his own right and was a terrific fit with TOP, yet Otis still hasn't found that lead to pull off the Ruffin "gruff-stuff" with any real original authenticity...Out there somewhere, just hasn't been discovered...
    I totally agree StuBass, but you have to admit, for a 50 year plus group.......not bad in regards to the above performances.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I totally agree StuBass, but you have to admit, for a 50 year plus group.......not bad in regards to the above performances.
    Yes...went to an Otis Temptations performance last year here in the Los Angeles area...Agree that they are better performers than most of the groups out there today, and for people who have heard of, but have never seen any Temptations incarnations live, or those just looking for a trip down nostalgia lane, it's a good show...As for me...having seen the "Classic Temptations" in their heyday...I suppose that anything less is unfortunately a bit of a disappointment...Guess I was just spoiled...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Yes...went to an Otis Temptations performance last year here in the Los Angeles area...Agree that they are better performers than most of the groups out there today, and for people who have heard of, but have never seen any Temptations incarnations live, or those just looking for a trip down nostalgia lane, it's a good show...As for me...having seen the "Classic Temptations" in their heyday...I suppose that anything less is unfortunately a bit of a disappointment...Guess I was just spoiled...

You are most spoiled because you got to hang out with them back in the day! LOL! Nothing can compare too the Classic Temptations....they were the bomb!