[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & The Supremes/ Cream Of The Crop

I just love this album, which is almost the first solo album from Diana. Her vocals are full bodied and a joy to listen to. A taste of things to come........."Loving You Baby"................

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I just love this album, which is almost the first solo album from Diana. Her vocals are full bodied and a joy to listen to. A taste of things to come........."Loving You Baby"................
    I think i appreciate it more now than i ever did previously. It is not a cohesive set but it does have character and as you say Diana is in fine vocal form.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I think i appreciate it more now than i ever did previously. It is not a cohesive set but it does have character and as you say Diana is in fine vocal form.
    This is a cd i play when i'm doing the housework or need something to jolly me up. I think Diana's vocal performances on this album are stunning. Warm yet playful, particularly on "Till Johnny Comes"....Such a heartfelt performance by her. Without wishing to sound controversial, for me it matters not one jot that Mary and Cindy do not feature in the background on most of the songs. This album is all about Diana's voice, and hearing how sublimely it had matured from those early pop hits.

there are some moments on this set - both strong and weak. obviously Someday is just outstanding. but this and Sunshine are the most patchwork albums of the girls careers. and i do think there are many stronger tracks that were in the vaults.

agree that Diana is usually in firm strong voice and it might have been a better set if they'd taken more effort

here's what i would have done

Side 1
    Someday
    You Gave Me Love
    Stormy
    You're Gonna Hear From Me
    Till Johnny Comes
    I'm So Glad

Side 2
    Discover Me
    Loving you is better than ever
    When it's to the top
    Beginning of the End
    Look of love
    I'll set you free

obviously some of these tracks were on previous lps like LC and Sunshine. i've redone those too in playlists and so that freed them up to be used on a different Cream set