[REMOVE ADS]

For Emotions fans....nice 2 CD set with 24 page booklet

This is a great compilation. I think I already have all the songs on other albums but I could be tempted to get my wallet out and have them all in one handy package. I love the Emotions. Gorgeous voices, great tunes and very humble and down to earth ladies. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    This is a great compilation. I think I already have all the songs on other albums but I could be tempted to get my wallet out and have them all in one handy package. I love the Emotions. Gorgeous voices, great tunes and very humble and down to earth ladies. Love them.
    Well, for me, this set is worth purchasing for the 24 page booklet and for the inclusion of the non-album track "Changes" which was the flipside to the"Smile" single and is simply gorgeous. This will be the first time it has appeared anywhere since the original single release in 1978.

Ivor

Thank you Blueskies for mentioning this upcoming release on the board. I had all of the Stax tracks but was missing a lot of their stuff for Columbia.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Laserdk View Post
    Well, for me, this set is worth purchasing for the 24 page booklet and for the inclusion of the non-album track "Changes" which was the flipside to the"Smile" single and is simply gorgeous. This will be the first time it has appeared anywhere since the original single release in 1978.

Ivor
    You have sold it to me Ivor. I don't have "changes" and the 24 page booklet sounds wonderful. Thank you so much.

I see it just sold out on Dusty Groove....but, they usually restock fairly quickly.

Emotions — Blessed – The Emotions Anthology 1969 to 1985 ... CD
    Big Break [[UK), Late 60s/1970s/Early 80s. New Copy 2 CDs ... Just Sold Out!
    Add to
    Watch List One of the greatest female soul groups of all time – served up here in a career-spanning anthology that finally gets at the full range of their talents! The tracks here start in the trio's early years on Stax Records, move through their sublime 70s hitmaking years at Columbia, with lots of help from Maurice White and Earth Wind & Fire – and also move onto include some rare Motown and Red Label recordings too! The vocals are sublime throughout – that rich style of coming together that the girls first forged in their gospel work, then unleashed to the soul world in work that was far more sophisticated and meaningful than the usual girl trio mode – which could sometimes be a throwaway approach to hide the weakness in each others vocals. 2CD set features a big 24 page booklet of notes – and includes 40 tracks in all – including "I Should Be Dancing", "Smile", "Turn It Out", "Blessed", "Are You Through With My Heart", "Now That I Know", "Changes", "You're The One", "Miss Your Love", "All Night Alright", "The Best Part Of A Love Affair", "Blind Alley", "So I Can Love You", "Flowers", "Baby I'm Through", "From Toys To Boys", "You're The Best", "Don't Ask My Neighbors", "Love Vibes", "We Go Through Changes", "Key To My Heart", "Stealing Love", "How'd I Know That Love Would Slip Away", "Walking The Line", "Special Part", and "Boogie Wonderland".

But it's bbr records. They EQ and compress the shit out of the sound. I won't buy their stuff because of that.

Just pre-ordered mine on Amazon US. Release date s May 6, 2016. Same day as the Bobby Darin Motown set. Perhaps, I'll get them both the same day.

I will order this to support the ladies and the 24 page booklet, because I have every track mentioned here.

Will be ordering mine. I have most of their music but several tracks that I don't.

Been playing my "flowers" and "rejoice" cd's these past few days. These girls sang so sweetly and soulfully. Will have to get this collection.

Just got word from Amazon US that my copy of this has shipped [[along with the Bobby Darin Motwn Collection). Can't wait to revel in the Emotion!

Can't wait to get my copy too!

Mine is on the way too!

I just received this collection in the mail and it is very nice. Clearly, a lot of care which into its assemblage. My only issue is that the liner note font is very small. Fortunately, I have a magnifying glass. People with better eyesight than me will probably be fine.

I'm weighing this. My budget is tighter than mosquito booty right now and I have most of the
    tracks already but my Emotions completist side looks at the listing on Amazon and goes:
    Now Splank......I have the Red Bird stuff but it's on an almost unplayable cassette and those
    girls harmonies are too dang irresistible....ARRRRRGGGHhhhh......

Got mine yesterday and had the chance to listen today. What a fantastic collection. I didn't have much from The Emotions and this really lays them out for you. Only one track from the Motown LP, though. I am reveling in their vocals all over again. Excellent set. Worth getting. And I agree about the type size. I read it very slowly! It's a pretty lengthy essay.
    Last edited by thommg; 05-07-2016 at 11:53 PM.

According to a review at Amazon UK track 20 on disc 1 is not Key To My Heart but A Long Way To Go!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    According to a review at Amazon UK track 20 on disc 1 is not Key To My Heart but A Long Way To Go!
    Well! i transferred my tracks to the player and have been listening through earphones and never even realized this! Yes, #20 on the first CD is A Long Way To Go.

Listening to this with the headphones on is like a piece of heaven...those harmonies take me to another place

To bad it does not included any of their Twin-Stacks or Brainstorm sides. Not crazy about the cover would have preferred a Stax photo.