[REMOVE ADS]

Jerry butler - hey, western union man

You know how a great song just keeps coming back to you no matter how many have gone by? Here's one of those songs that does it for me:

The late 60s/early 70s was Jerry Butler's best period, starting with "The Ice Man Cometh" album. The album produced his best Gamble & Huff singles like "Never Gonna Give You Up", Only The Strong Survive", and the song you mention above.

But, I have a CD comp that contains the mono singles mixes that sounds even better than the stereo mixes. It's probably long OOP, but you can find it on Amazon or Ebay.

Looks like that Mono Jerry Butler is available on Pono.

Yep, the Philly venture was good for Jerry and Gamble & Huff. I especially like "One Night Affair and Just Because I really Love You."

I'd add "Only the Strong Survive".