[REMOVE ADS]

Tamla 54106 - A Little More Love by Kim Weston

In the Complete Motown Singles, Vol. 4, 1964 is a picture of 54106 with the globes picture of "TM54106 on the right hand side. The text states the single was withdrawn, at least in the United States. In the UK the original version released on Stateside remained on the market.

In looking at the www.popsike.com website there are a total of 4 of this single that have been sold at ridiculous prices. Three of them had Tamla 54106 on the left side while one had TM54106 on the right side. Obviously some got out with Tamla 54106 on the left. I am surprised that the 1964 set did not have the Tamla 54106 picture on the left side. According to the text there was no TM 54106 issued; it was released on Stateside.

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue? More specifically, is anyone fortunate enough to have one of these yellow Tamla's in their collection?

A great song.....

I've mentioned this on SDF before.
    I had a us Tamla copy in my collection, but was unaware that the 45 had been pulled.
    I auctioned all my Motown 45s in the mid 1980's.
    One buyer was successful on most items. The amounts bid seemed reasonable from the information I saw elsewhere.
    However, his bid for this 45 was out is step with the others, much higher for what seemed an ordinary 45. I recall being surprised.
    I had no idea of the circumstances regarding the cancellation of it.
    There is a thread in the archived , with photographs of one of the 45s....I was of the opinion that the photo may have been my single...something about the record seemed 'familiar'.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    I've mentioned this on SDF before.
    I had a us Tamla copy in my collection, but was unaware that the 45 had been pulled.
    Can you check your memory and recall the circumstances of how you obtained the record?

Wow...that's a hard question.
    The simple answer is no...bought my records in a variety of ways.
    I do know that I was introduced to this track [[which by the way I adored) was via volume one of the UK lp Motown Memories.
    So I knew the track before I got a copy of this 'rare' 45. I often bought mail order but in those days there were several record shops in Manchester, so I can't recall..sorry.
    I never heard about the record bring pulled, as I say, I was surprised that the bid was relatively high.
    What I do know is that I would have obtained this single in the same manner as any other....I'd guess it was quite cheap actually....part of a trade, or several 45s for a set few..I.e. Not a special purchase, as I was a Motown collector, I.e. bought /swapped everything I came across
    Last edited by snakepit; 04-25-2016 at 09:11 AM.