[REMOVE ADS]

New music from perri

It's been 26 years since there was a full length release from sister group Perri [[not since 1990's "Tradewinds"). The sisters, now a trio, return with an inspired Gospel project that incorporates their jazzy and soulful inclinations. Great arrangements and musicianship, and beautiful vocals are at the core of this release. It's a welcomed return of one of music's most underrated gems. You can get your praise on and remain in the groove. The sisters sound great, and the music is both nostalgic and progressive. Welcome back!!! Name:  perri.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  17.3 KB

Thanks for the tip Glencro. I've listened to the online samples - as you say, excellent arrangements, good songs and they are still in great vocal form. I'll be getting the album! It's good to have them back.

I saw them many times when they sang backup for Anita Baker. I also loved their songs FALL IN LOVE and FEELS SO GOOD. Nice to hear they are coming back.

Finally! Thanks Glen

i could be wrong; but I swear they sang backup for David Sanborn at the club next to the Fox in Detroit in the mid to late 90's. nevertheless I am glad they are back !

I love Perri. I got to know them when they backed Anita Baker back in the 80's and 90's. Lovely, talented down to earth people. It was a pleasure to work with them and I shall be sure to check out this release. Thanks for the heads up glencro.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    i could be wrong; but I swear they sang backup for David Sanborn at the club next to the Fox in Detroit in the mid to late 90's. nevertheless I am glad they are back !
    The State theater.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    The State theater.
    yes Marv that's it you're helping to jog my memory. They were facing back up for a female opening act before David Sanborn went on. i remember they were much better compared to the opening act. I remember giving them the thumbs up from my seat. They new exactly what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    yes Marv that's it you're helping to jog my memory. They were facing back up for a female opening act before David Sanborn went on. i remember they were much better compared to the opening act. I remember giving them the thumbs up from my seat. They new exactly what I meant.

They are excellent stylists indeed.

Some of the sweetest voices this side of Heaven.....directly from Detroit!

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    I have them all!!