[REMOVE ADS]

Jerry Bedwell-Bass Guitar, passed away. 1960's Detroit Music Scene member.

My Father Jerry Bedwell passed away Saturday evening. He was a member of several bands in the 1960's Detroit Club scene including "The Inside Outs" who appeared on the Robin Seymour Show. His band also went on a USO Tour with The Animals.

My Father knew Joe Pedorsek, and had mentioned Capitol Music numerous times. He also toted around Detroit with Bob Babbitt and was around for numerous recording sessions both at Motown and other recording studios.

If anyone knew him, had any information on him please post here.
    His service is 2-4 in Jackson, Michigan.

Here is a picture of him from around that time.

Name:  Dad Young.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  53.9 KB

Sorry to hear about your dad...Too many of us from back in those days are leaving too soon. Wish your dad eternal peace...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dad...Too many of us from back in those days are leaving too soon. Wish your dad eternal peace...
    Thanks. I can't find much on him at his house, but I did see he played a place called Morey's, with "Wayne Smith" and the Inside Outs.

Quote Originally Posted by kbedwell View Post
    Thanks. I can't find much on him at his house, but I did see he played a place called Morey's, with "Wayne Smith" and the Inside Outs.
    I also saw Wayne Smith and the Cryin Shames. He recanted a story where Johnnie Taylor was going out on tour and Babbitt didn't want to go. He taught my Dad all the parts and my Dad went out on tour with him. By the time they landed in Lexington KY the single "Who's Making Love to Your Old Lady" was number 1 and they were selling out everywhere.