[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross & The Supremes and The Temptations/ Together

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    Paul is doing a great service for all Motown DR and Supremes fans. I hope that when he finishes his reviews that he does other artists. He is an excellent and accurate writer. I'd love to see him zero in on the Marvelettes. What do other members think?

Why Must We Fall In Love should have been the second song listed on the album and should have been a US release with Can't Take My Eyes Out You as the B side. There was a lot of glitter still flowing from previous releases but Motown just did not step up.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Why Must We Fall In Love should have been the second song listed on the album and should have been a US release with Can't Take My Eyes Out You as the B side. There was a lot of glitter still flowing from previous releases but Motown just did not step up.
    For some inexplicable reason Motown UK released "wmwfil" AFTER "someday we'll be together". Not sure of the reasons behind this as i was too young but it did scrape the top 40. It had the potential to be bigger but should have been released earlier.

For those who don't know, Paul already gave all the solo Ross albums this same treatment...as with many of us, Ross is his 'thing'..that's where the passion comes from..I would love to see him give other artists this treatment, but for this kind of project, the passion has to be there..Great work, Paul..

Put them together in a book when he's done.

I can see a book thing happening for Paul. I liked this album but didn't love it but there were highlights, Why Must We Fall In Love was the best track here,imo.

Always interesting to read the diverse opinions.

While Why for me was a good but not brilliant song I would have gone with their cover of Stevie's Uptight as a single in the UK. It was issued on the B-side of Why here but it should at the very least have been a double-A.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Always interesting to read the diverse opinions.

While Why for me was a good but not brilliant song I would have gone with their cover of Stevie's Uptight as a single in the UK. It was issued on the B-side of Why here but it should at the very least have been a double-A.
    It was promoted as double sided. Demo copies exists on both sides.

Name:  tmg 730.jpe
Views: 256
Size:  5.6 KB