[REMOVE ADS]

Maxine jones speaks on the break up from en vogue

This article is from 2014 but there are some interesting things said in here http://www.centrictv.com/entertainme...on-looney.html

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    This article is from 2014 but there are some interesting things said in here http://www.centrictv.com/entertainme...on-looney.html
    I sure hate reading this. Maxine was always my favorite member of the group. Ev is not really the same without Maxine & Dawn.
    The funny thing is they are still using her voice on their backing tracks when the don't use a band.

These old groups need to just give it a rest [[that includes Supreme fans). They need to thank God that they are still hear and some even remember them. It they a re blessed to still be able to perform, the more humble I would hope they'd be!

It's difficult for musical bands and groups to hold it together when they've known each other for years, so I can only imagine how hard it is when you're put together by producers and have no relationship. The Supremes and Sister Sledge are typical of what happens to best friends, sisters, and brothers when they are suddenly working in a pressure cooker and egos come out that nobody saw or knew anything about.

Foster & McElroy put these women together with the intent of owning a concept, not producing a group and it worked out really well. Of course, there would have been jealousy and problems. They had no relationship to build anything on. Maurice Starr did the same thing with New Edition but they lasted longer than they probably should have. The 1980s rock outfit Men At Work met while jamming at an Aussie bar and the lack of a relational foundation blew them up by their third album, which is a shame because they were getting progressively better.

When I read articles like this one [[or the interviews with Sister Sledge), I take none of it to heart because it's too personal and the feelings are too intense for the artist to tell an unbiased truth. How sad. For every one of these groups that breaks up in hurt feelings and bitterness, there are thousands who would gladly take their place.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    These old groups need to just give it a rest [[that includes Supreme fans). They need to thank God that they are still hear and some even remember them. It they a re blessed to still be able to perform, the more humble I would hope they'd be!
    Exactly...
    A lot of these "divas" need to just let sh*t go and move on with their current life....

You're right Splanky & Marv. This is an old article and from all indications I believe Maxine has moved on. Good luck to them all with working all the emotional issues out.

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    Exactly...
    A lot of these "divas" need to just let sh*t go and move on with their current life....
    You got that right Splanky! These woman from En Vogue are wearing this story out when they weren't even as good as the Jones Girls! If they just can't get along, then go make music by your damned self or form your own new group!