[REMOVE ADS]

Jackie Robinson documentary

Tonight [[April11) on PBS. Part 2 tomorrow night. When I was in The Sunliners, he came into a club we were playing in Canada and we got to meet him. Great moment.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  21.1 KB
    Should be a great documentary. Those are the only kind Ken Burns makes.

I met Jackie before a game [[batting practice) at Wrigley Field, in Chicago in early summer, in 1953. I met Ernie Banks when he first came up as a rookie, later that season. I spent summers at my uncle's and aunt's house in Chicago, before we moved there, and I saw a lot of Cubs games, sitting in the bleachers for 25¢ a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Tonight [[April11) on PBS. Part 2 tomorrow night. When I was in The Sunliners, he came into a club we were playing in Canada and we got to meet him. Great moment.
    Wow! I was just talking about him, Elston Howard and others with my brother yesterday. Thanks for the heads up Ralph.

I'm sorry i missed this one,jackie is a hero and so is branch rickey.