[REMOVE ADS]

Miles davis biopic starring don cheadle in limited release april 22nd

I don't know about this... I want to see it because I'm a Don Cheadle fan and also a Miles Davis fan. I remember my reticence to see the James Brown biopic, thinking that Chadwick Bozeman would be portraying Brown a la Eddie Murphy on Saturday Night Live, but he actually did very well. While looking at the trailer, Cheadle looks as if he's portraying Davis in caricature and that might be annoying to see for 120 minutes. It looks like he's acting like Miles Davis instead of portraying him.

I'll wait for the reviews and also will see if the story portrayed reflects actual incidents in Davis' life. I want to support Black artists in cinema, especially given the lack of opportunities in Hollywood these days, but I also want to enjoy myself when I lay out $25 for my wife and me to see a movie.