[REMOVE ADS]

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1254
    Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Bluebrock.is there any chance her Christmas album could be released for the USA market and include the out takes??? Not sure why this wasn't released here
    I second the motion!

[QUOTE=daviddh;350595]Bluebrock.is there any chance her Christmas album could be released for the USA market and include the out takes??? Not sure why this wasn't released here[/QUOTE
    I

[QUOTE=Bluebrock;350607]
    Bluebrock.is there any chance her Christmas album could be released for the USA market and include the out takes??? Not sure why this wasn't released here[/QUOTE
    I
    It is only recently that I realised this album was only released in Europe and Japan. I had not given any thought to it ben reissued but there are a few out takes in the vault which we spoke of a few weeks back. This is a good idea actually. It is an album that gets a spin every year in my household , and my various generations of children have grown to love it too, as did my two late wives. Hold that thought. Let us see what can be done. Freat idea David and Sansradio!!

[QUOTE=Bluebrock;350608]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    It is only recently that I realised this album was only released in Europe and Japan. I had not given any thought to it ben reissued but there are a few out takes in the vault which we spoke of a few weeks back. This is a good idea actually. It is an album that gets a spin every year in my household , and my various generations of children have grown to love it too, as did my two late wives. Hold that thought. Let us see what can be done. Freat idea David and Sansradio!!
    My fingers are crossed! I found this to be one of her finest RCA/EMI era efforts; it deserved a domestic release for sure. My favorite track is "His Eye Is on the Sparrow," which, despite one shaky note, is incredibly moving. She and Nick Martinelli were a great team.
    Last edited by sansradio; 10-07-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Bluebrock.is there any chance her Christmas album could be released for the USA market and include the out takes??? Not sure why this wasn't released here
    That would be awesome this is one of the best Christmas albums and it deserves to be released here in the USA.

'Overjoyed' is one of my all time favourite Ross recordings. The London Symphony Orchestra creates a glorious sound to accompany Diana.

I'm amazed this didn't get a U.S release.

Cool..excited. one of her best and if u haven't heard it.u r in for a treat.
    Perhaps she should work with this producer agains

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    'Overjoyed' is one of my all time favourite Ross recordings. The London Symphony Orchestra creates a glorious sound to accompany Diana.

I'm amazed this didn't get a U.S release.
    beautiful song..wish she would have recorded Ribbon In The Sky

beautiful song..wish she would have recorded Ribbon In The Sky
    RIBBON IN THE SKY was one of the highlights of the Central Park concert, IMO. I always thought that version could have made a nice single.

mpn1jco Guest
    Are the tracks on Making Spirits Bright for Hallmark left over from a Very Special Season?. I really like the Making Spirits Bright CD. Diana Ross' vocal on His Eye Is On The Sparrow is one of her best vocals. I forgot about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    RIBBON IN THE SKY was one of the highlights of the Central Park concert, IMO. I always thought that version could have made a nice single.
    I agree reese, Diana sings this beautifully at Cental Park. For me it is one of the highlights of the concert. I think it would have made for a great single at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mpn1jco View Post
    Are the tracks on Making Spirits Bright for Hallmark left over from a Very Special Season?. I really like the Making Spirits Bright CD. Diana Ross' vocal on His Eye Is On The Sparrow is one of her best vocals. I forgot about that one.
    No they are not. There are a handful of tracks remaining in the vaults but the MSB were recorded separately.

would it be possible to combine the two albums for a deluxe Christmas collection. maybe.i actually forgot about the Making Spirits Bright cd. gonna have to dig that out

funny we r all still here celebrating the magic of Diana Ross who doesn't have a recording contract or new cd. thank you bluebrock for the connection to Diana and helping us celebrate her legacy. it's a pleasure reading your thoughts and posts

[QUOTE=Bluebrock;350608]
    Bluerock, since You've been ask to assist on Track Lineups for possible Remasters, are those for the European or US Markets or both ? One of the reasons that I ask is that in the US, if I am not mistaken, the 1988-1998 material is jointly owned by Ross Records & Motown/Universal, correct ? as I am curious if Andy Skurow & George Solomon will be involved ? They have done so much great work on the expanded editions for the earlier Motown era on Supremes and Miss Ross solos. Andy even got a HAL [[Heroes and Legends) award from Janie Bradford & the Gordy Family Foundation for his work at Universal. If they will be involved the Re-Masters should be magnificent!

Definetely, the Christmas album should be included in Remasters for that time period!!!! Does Miss Ross also own the rights to Hallmark's Making Spirits Bright, if so, combining those would also be nice since they both were released around the same time.

[QUOTE=greg jones;350956]

Bluerock, since You've been ask to assist on Track Lineups for possible Remasters, are those for the European or US Markets or both ? One of the reasons that I ask is that in the US, if I am not mistaken, the 1988-1998 material is jointly owned by Ross Records & Motown/Universal, correct ? as I am curious if Andy Skurow & George Solomon will be involved ? They have done so much great work on the expanded editions for the earlier Motown era on Supremes and Miss Ross solos. Andy even got a HAL [[Heroes and Legends) award from Janie Bradford & the Gordy Family Foundation for his work at Universal. If they will be involved the Re-Masters should be magnificent!

Definetely, the Christmas album should be included in Remasters for that time period!!!! Does Miss Ross also own the rights to Hallmark's Making Spirits Bright, if so, combining those would also be nice since they both were released around the same time.
    Greg -It would be a UK label that would be releasing the 4 final Motown albums. Andy and George would not be involved sadly.
    As regards MSB i do not believe Diana holds the rights to these songs unlike AVSS but don't quote me on that one. A combined expanded edition along with the 4 tracks in the vault would make for a very pleasant festive listen.

funny we r all still here celebrating the magic of Diana Ross who doesn't have a recording contract or new cd. thank you bluebrock for the connection to Diana and helping us celebrate her legacy. it's a pleasure reading your thoughts and posts
    Thank you David!! I appreciate your kind comments. It is nice to be able to have a civil conversation with like minded people as opposed to the nasty vitriol currently going into overdrive on one of the other threads. We shall rise above it. We are much bigger and much better. Amen to that!

I can remember how amazed i was after years of being a fan at just how strong and capable Diana's voice was when taking on songs such as "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" and "O Holy Night".
    I think "A Very Special Season" one of the very best christmas albums ever released and i don't say this just because i am a Diana fan. Her voice here is warm, strong and tender and though the songs are presented in a traditional setting, it still has a modern feel to it.
    I do think her vocals on "Making Spirits Bright" are nowhere near as strong. I don't know who produced the songs for Hallmark, but at a guess i would say Diana herself is producer.
    Like you Bluebrock, AVSS is one i play every season and sometimes way beyond.... Having all the songs on one cd would indeed make for a really nice package.
    I think this cd further demonstrated just how comfortable Diana is singing songs from any music genre and added to her glittering performances in Vienna 92 where she fully demonstrated her star charisma and vocal agility
    Last edited by Ollie9; 10-09-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Thank you David!! I appreciate your kind comments. It is nice to be able to have a civil conversation with like minded people as opposed to the nasty vitriol currently going into overdrive on one of the other threads. We shall rise above it. We are much bigger and much better. Amen to that!
    Well said Bluebrock. To be honest some of the articles that have been dredged up and comments made on that thread have reduced me to fits of laughter.
    Yesterday i invited a close friend who works in the music industry to view that thread. Her only comment being "It's hard to believe that these people are grown adults over the age of eighteen. For me that says it all lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I can remember how amazed i was after years of being a fan at just how strong and capable Diana's voice was when taking on songs such as "His Eye Is On The Sparrow" and "O Holy Night".
    I think "A Very Special Season" one of the very best christmas albums ever released and i don't say this just because i am a Diana fan. Her voice here is warm, strong and tender and though the songs are presented in a traditional setting, it still has a modern feel to it.
    I do think her vocals on "Making Spirits Bright" are nowhere near as strong. I don't know who produced the songs for Hallmark, but at a guess i would say Diana herself is producer.
    Like you Bluebrock, AVSS is one i play every season and sometimes way beyond.... Having all the songs on one cd would indeed make for a really nice package.
    I think this cd further demonstrated just how comfortable Diana is singing songs from any music genre and added to her glittering performances in Vienna 92 where she fully demonstrated her star charisma and vocal agility
    As regards Vienna, I watched the premiere airing with my parents at their home over the holidays that year. My father, who was in the early stages of Alzheimer's but was still an admirer of Miss Ross, was amazed at her crystalline rendition of "Amazing Grace." As he struggled for clarity and self-expression, he managed to utter wonderingly, "Her voice is like...glass!" It's a testament to her unique gifts and a memory that I'll always cherish.

it would be coo if all the albums are released at one time rather than having to wait over a period of years. although I do understand why this happens at times.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    As regards Vienna, I watched the premiere airing with my parents at their home over the holidays that year. My father, who was in the early stages of Alzheimer's but was still an admirer of Miss Ross, was amazed at her crystalline rendition of "Amazing Grace." As he struggled for clarity and self-expression, he managed to utter wonderingly, "Her voice is like...glass!" It's a testament to her unique gifts and a memory that I'll always cherish.
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your father, but that is a lovely, precious memory

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your father, but that is a lovely, precious memory
    Thanks, Tomato.

Amazing Grace was one of the most evocative and emotional tracks Diana ever performed and she sang it beautifully.

It's hard to know just how it might have performed but in an era where there was massive public attention on the charts in December I think they could have taken a punt on this as a Christmas single in the UK.

I presume this would have been on Sony so they could have cleverly promoted this against Your Love garnering massive publicity to the benefit of both records.

Diana was hot at the time with the One Woman album flying off the shelves.

One Woman CD was awesome collection but I think I would have preferred more of her solo work and deleting the Supremes tracks.just my opinion.but I get why they were used. In some areas different Supremes hits were used.

One Woman CD was awesome collection but I think I would have preferred more of her solo work and deleting the Supremes tracks.just my opinion.but I get why they were used. In some areas different Supremes hits were used.
    I wasn't happy with the tracklisting. I had no input into it whatsoever. It is a sore point for me to this very day, but the sales went through the roof so what do i know?

Well I trust ur opinion.and generally agree with you 100 😀

I wasn't happy with the tracklisting. I had no input into it whatsoever. It is a sore point for me to this very day, but the sales went through the roof so what do i know?
    I'm happy that it was such a success. But it must have been very hard to pick only 20 songs to cover a 30-year span.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I'm happy that it was such a success. But it must have been very hard to pick only 20 songs to cover a 30-year span.
    Make that 17. Three of the 20 were new recordings: The Best Years of My Life, Your Love, and Let's Make Every Moment Count.

Bluebrock, what songs would you have used. I think this was released in 1994...I think they stuck to the Motown hits but I would have added Remember Me, Good Morning Heartache, It's My Turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    Make that 17. Three of the 20 were new recordings: The Best Years of My Life, Your Love, and Let's Make Every Moment Count.
    Yes, figuring in the new songs plus Supremes hits really gave little room in what could be included.

It was sort of the same thing that happened with the boxed set. Giving one full disc to the Supremes [[although I love it dearly) and then the last disc with five new songs reduced the chance for many rarities.

Bluebrock, what songs would you have used. I think this was released in 1994...I think they stuck to the Motown hits but I would have added Remember Me, Good Morning Heartache, It's My Turn.
    I definitely would have included Remember Me and It's My Turn, leaving Lets Make Every Moment Count for the boxed set. But the other posters are correct; it was impossible to include everything with only 20 tracks.

I too am interested in Bluebrock's choices if he is willing to share...

it's been a while so I am going to have to pull my copy out. I remember this coming out and thinking it would have done well here in usa but, not sure...it seems to have done well here over time but I think it did better in UK.
    I was hoping for me tv pr but Motown wasn't doing anything to promote it or Diana.
    just checked on the USA edition there were 6 supremes songs included,,,,,i would have used 6 of Diana's solo tracks or rarities..
    1 Remember Me
    2 I'm Still Waiting
    3 it's My Turn
    4 All Of You
    5 Waiting In The Wings
    6 No Matter What You Do
    Last edited by daviddh; 10-11-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Hey Bluebrock here is another question-on Wikipedia it was once written that I Love You sol 600000 copies worldwide

How much bs is that?

mpn1jco Guest
    http://diana-ross.freeforums.net

Chain Reactions is a member. Didn't expect Roberta75
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 10-11-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpn1jco View Post
    http://diana-ross.freeforums.net Chain Reaction and Roberta75 are already fighting. Some people like to feud.
    Please stop spreading falsehoods. Thats not me and basically what someones done has directly copied posts from this here forum to this free forums thing and is falsly joining people over there. Pleae stop playing games mpn1jco. Thank you in advance.

ChainReaction Guest
    1. RTL = Real Tired Lies
    2. I just came to check on you, dear. Enjoy while you can.
    You kindly stop playing games Roberta75, move on, and stay in your lane. That is quite a trick bag that you have, dear.
    .http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/
    Last edited by ChainReaction; 10-11-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction View Post
    Then someone is posting under your name. It sounds like you. I would hope that you are not that obsessed with me. Kindly move on, dear.
    Someone is definitely posting under my name and there taking direct posts from this here forum and posting them over there. Im reporting this.

ChainReaction Guest
    Report it to Ralph so he can delete that thread?
    I really wonder..... Looks like you have already done a lot of reporting today.
    "Ralph the administrator at Soulful Detroit has received numerous private messages that MPN1JCO is the author Tony Turner. He also posts as Marv2. I can appreciate that you want to start a forum where no topic is off limits but you need to be aware of this individual. He is a sick, pathetic troublemaker and will only sabotage and poison your forum."

I have said my fill on this topic.
    Thanks dear.
    http://diana-ross.freeforums.net/thr...e=1&scrollTo=9
    Last edited by ChainReaction; 10-12-2016 at 03:13 AM.

Thumbs up

it's been a while so I am going to have to pull my copy out. I remember this coming out and thinking it would have done well here in usa but, not sure...it seems to have done well here over time but I think it did better in UK.
    I was hoping for me tv pr but Motown wasn't doing anything to promote it or Diana.
    just checked on the USA edition there were 6 supremes songs included,,,,,i would have used 6 of Diana's solo tracks or rarities..
    1 Remember Me
    2 I'm Still Waiting
    3 it's My Turn
    4 All Of You
    5 Waiting In The Wings
    6 No Matter What You Do
    I to would have preferred the collection to have been complete Diana solo, but I guess EMI thought it would have a broader appeal featuring Supremes hits as well.
    I remember how exciting it was seeing those tv ads of Diana every day, revealing a little more each time they were shown....Happy days. Sales of this compilation went through the roof and beyond. It's nice to see it back in the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    I to would have preferred the collection to have been complete Diana solo, but I guess EMI thought it would have a broader appeal featuring Supremes hits as well.
    I remember how exciting it was seeing those tv ads of Diana every day, revealing a little more each time they were shown....Happy days. Sales of this compilation went through the roof and beyond. It's nice to see it back in the shops.
    I always really wanted to see those TV ads but I have never been able to find them. Does anyone know a place online where they can be seen?

The tracklisting was different for each country so I can only comment on the UK version which contained 5 or 6 Supremes songs if memory serves me correctly. There is no way I would have left REMEMBER ME off the album. One of her finest, and a major hit in the UK. I would also have gone with the Marvin duet YOU ARE EVERYTHING which went top 5 in the UK. The reason why the record company wanted LMEMC on the album was because it was a possible follow up single to TBYOML. This never materialised but I would have left it off anyway.

Funny in USA My Mistake was the big hit. Let's Every Moment should of been left off. Was If We Hold On Together Inc?? A Ross classic maybe In The Ones You Love

Interesting point to ponder.

Stay With Me has many more hits on YouTube than either One More Chance or Cryin' My Heart Out For You.

A classic case of not just the wrong LEAD single but the WRONG single!

Stay With Me us a standout track. My choice for a single. I think Diana has recorded some classic tracks that could be singles.......You Were The One....Never Say I Don't Love You

One Ross song that I thought was worthy of being a single was her version of You Are Not Alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    One Ross song that I thought was worthy of being a single was her version of You Are Not Alone.
    We nearly released this to coincide with her UK tour, but i pulled the plug because i thought it too similar to the original. Diana was angry with me for a short while but we won't go into that here!!

darn Blue.....wanted some juicy gossip ...lol, but it think you are right, or were ....it was to much like MJ's and she has enough of her own songs to promote.
    so many classics.

Bluebrock , I was sitting here listening to Diana's song Doobe Doo song from 1971. although not one of my favorites, the song has grown on me,mostly because of dianas vocal. this was not released here in the states. I have always felt this song needed a remix with all the Dobbie Doos at the end. I felt it was kind of over kill with all the doobies[[imo) where as at the end of the song it would just fade out with dianas singing the chorus, I wish I was able to edit the song they way I hear it. I suppose since this was a hit in UK you may like it better than I but was curious to your opinion.
    also I was listening to the songs from DR1970...the expanded version. I loved her vocals on the Interim and Angles and Rhymes etc. what is your opinion. these vocals are not the usual DR and I think she handled these songs really well. strange how things may have turned out if she recorded an entire album with this type of songs, not really pop but good.

Bottom Line [[Workin Overtime)
    Battlefield [[Force)
    Swing it [[Take Me)