[REMOVE ADS]

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1254
    Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    Oh you have to be kidding. Workin' Overtime to be expanded?

It's 10 tracks too many as it is. You couldn't pay me to listen to any more.

2 shiny silver discs for 'Workin' Overtime' - and download only for the sublime 'Baby It's Me'. There really is no justice in the world.
    I totally agree. There is indeed no justice, but the album does have it's admirers and this is the first time anyone has been interested in expanding it, so it is only fair to the likes of David and Ollie
    to get it out there alongside the three superior albums. This one is for my good friends David and Ollie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    YES YES YES YES.............I'm thrilled.
    There really are some great remixes to be heard..
    Come on now Bluebrock, i'm sure you could find a few nice things to say...........couldn't you?.
    I shall keep it brief Ollie - NO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I totally agree. There is indeed no justice, but the album does have it's admirers and this is the first time anyone has been interested in expanding it, so it is only fair to the likes of David and Ollie
    to get it out there alongside the three superior albums. This one is for my good friends David and Ollie!!
    Add me to the list. I am a big fan of the "Working Overtime" album and would love an expanded release!

I don't think WO was so bad, she has released worst. at least it was cohesive. I will buy it. I like surprises. I love Keep On Dancin

Bluebrock. so glad you will be involved with the reissue of Diana's last 4 albums. I feel relieved knowing you will be there for us and make sure its correct. looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Bluebrock. so glad you will be involved with the reissue of Diana's last 4 albums. I feel relieved knowing you will be there for us and make sure its correct. looking forward to it.
    I am not directly involved David. I am just helping with the tracklistings.

That's good enough for me.
    Is there any dong you thought should have been released but wasn't?

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    That's good enough for me.
    Is there any dong you thought should have been released but wasn't?
    There are a few strong out takes , especially the TMH sessions.

Really hope these deluxe editions will include the unreleased songs [[along with the best remixes, of course).

Are you saying there are even more TMH outtakes beyond Too Many Nights, I'm So Happy and Soul Kiss? What a creatively productive time this must have been for Diana...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Are you saying there are even more TMH outtakes beyond Too Many Nights, I'm So Happy and Soul Kiss? What a creatively productive time this must have been for Diana...
    Yes there are but there are clearance issues to overcome. Nothing is straightforward i'm afraid.

Always loved Too Many Nights.great groove.surprised dome off these were not dug out for the TMH set

honest man Guest
    ILY is even worse then the first 3 RCA albums. I still don't know why she allowed herself to get involved in that project.
    I reckon ILY Has some really nice songs on it especially Remember 2I love you 3What about love 4To be loved 5 i will 6 This Magic moment the rest of the songs are terrible but my 6 i am glad to have in my collection,6 tracks from a Ross album a'int that bad more faves from ILY than some from Silk-Ross 83-Swept away-rnb-Workin- everyday-Take me the last 2 albums i have not listened to entirely bought them to complete collection was not impressed with either.but will give ILY album the vote for worse Diana song ever recorded Crazy little.... terrible along with Rod Stewart duet.what was she thinking,tut tut,cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    I reckon ILY Has some really nice songs on it especially Remember 2I love you 3What about love 4To be loved 5 i will 6 This Magic moment the rest of the songs are terrible but my 6 i am glad to have in my collection,6 tracks from a Ross album a'int that bad more faves from ILY than some from Silk-Ross 83-Swept away-rnb-Workin- everyday-Take me the last 2 albums i have not listened to entirely bought them to complete collection was not impressed with either.but will give ILY album the vote for worse Diana song ever recorded Crazy little.... terrible along with Rod Stewart duet.what was she thinking,tut tut,cheers.
    CLTCL was indeed a stinker. Probably the worst song she has recorded? I think i would have to agree with you on that one, but it faced stiff competition from FFYL from silk electric. Didn't mind the Rod Stewart duet to be honest. I wouldn't mind hearing her tackle some more old standards, but each to their own i guess.

CLTCL was indeed a stinker. Probably the worst song she has recorded? I think i would have to agree with you on that one, but it faced stiff competition from FFYL from silk electric. Didn't mind the Rod Stewart duet to be honest. I wouldn't mind hearing her tackle some more old standards, but each to their own i guess.
    Glad to know I'm not alone regarding CLTCL. I love the Queen original and was excited to hear Diana tackle this, until... I'm glad it wasn't included in the U.S. version of the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Glad to know I'm not alone regarding CLTCL. I love the Queen original and was excited to hear Diana tackle this, until... I'm glad it wasn't included in the U.S. version of the CD.
    Had i been in charge it would not have been included on the European versions either. I don't know why Diana agreed to record this, but it is a question i fully intend to take up with the lady when we meet up very soon.

when I heard it ,my heart sank. all time low for me. I was stunned. this is the one thing I don't get with Diana after all these years to release a turkey like that!! it was awful.
    that being said ,Bluebrock, could you explain the licensing with us. not sure I understand the problem. why would they allow Diana to record a song but then not allow it to be released?? just don't get it

CLTCL was indeed a stinker. Probably the worst song she has recorded?
    I wonder weather this one was her chosing or the record label's choice?

I'd love to know how this recording came to be. Who thought it was a good idea? Perhaps Brian May is a good friend?

At least we know the backstory to ' Fool for your love'. Though there's still no excuse for that EVER seeing the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by lakedistrictlad1 View Post
    I wonder weather this one was her chosing or the record label's choice?

I'd love to know how this recording came to be. Who thought it was a good idea? Perhaps Brian May is a good friend?

At least we know the backstory to ' Fool for your love'. Though there's still no excuse for that EVER seeing the light of day.
    I know Brian May. Not terribly well but i have met him around 6 times due to us both being involved in animal conservation projects. I did ask him a few years back how this collaboration came to be. He told me he was approached by the record company to feature on the song. He recorded his part without ever meeting Diana or ever being in contact with her, and yes he hated it as much as the rest of us!

While i do agree that ILU is a very long way from being one of Diana's better efforts, there are a few nice songs on it. Those songs for me being "Remember", "What About Love", "I Love You" and "Always And Forever" which i consider to be her best vocal on the album.
    I can at least listen to it on rare occasion whereas something like "Silk Electric" is a complete no no for me.
    In my opinion"You Take My Breath Away" quaifies as the worst song from the project.
    It's a shame this album is not also being re-released. . Stripped right back and remixed etc..... you might have something worthy.

While i do agree that ILU is a very long way from being one of Diana's better efforts, there are a few nice songs on it. Those songs for me being "Remember", "What About Love", "I Love You" and "Always And Forever" which i consider to be her best vocal on the album.
    I can at least listen to it on rare occasion whereas something like "Silk Electric" is a complete no no for me.
    In my opinion"You Take My Breath Away" quaifies as the worst song from the project.
    It's a shame this album is not also being re-released. . Stripped right back and remixed etc..... you might have something worthy.
    I very much doubt anyone would be interested in reissuing this one Ollie. I think the kindest thing we can do is to shove it to the back of the cupboard and try and pretend it never existed. I do agree there are a small handful of half decent songs on there, but not enough to waste any time on expanding/remixing it. I dislike SILK ELECTRIC almost as much as you do but i would put it slightly ahead of ILY and only rate it as her 3rd worst effort just ahead of WO.

this cd was crazy disappointing for someone of her caliber. still don't get it. I would have never released it

mpn1jco Guest
    I very much doubt anyone would be interested in reissuing this one Ollie. I think the kindest thing we can do is to shove it to the back of the cupboard and try and pretend it never existed. I do agree there are a small handful of half decent songs on there, but not enough to waste any time on expanding/remixing it. I dislike SILK ELECTRIC almost as much as you do but i would put it slightly ahead of ILY and only rate it as her 3rd worst effort just ahead of WO.
    18 Number One records? For the past 30 years she struggles to sell 100,000 records in the States? There was a reason why the public fell in love with her and reasons why they fell out of love with her. If these factors can be pinpointed and rectified - maybe she can end her career on a high note.

I am pleasantly relieved to know there are three albums you dislike more than my fave....LOL
    Last edited by Ollie9; 10-03-2016 at 04:59 AM.

it seems what the majority of fans don't like is when she is involved in the production or the choice of songs. It seems she is not perceived as a great manager of her own recording career

Ironically i find "fight for it" very well done, and it was only available as the flip side of a vinyl single.
    I'v grown accustomed to "girls".

I think ,perhaps she may hear herself differently than we hear her voice. but I do agree she should not produce herself. something is lost in the process. I do think she is capable [[usually ) of picking songs.
    there is a few choices I took out of my ipod and I pretend they don't exist....such as the Last Time I Saw Him lp.

ChainReaction Guest
    Poor Diana. A lot of the threads in this forum deal with the poor quality of her music - and this is from her DIE HARD fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction View Post
    Poor Diana. A lot of the threads in this forum deal with the poor quality of her music - and this is from her DIE HARD fans.
    I am a die hard fan and love all her music. The RCA years were some of my favorites. There are some beautiful songs on the "I Love You" album too.

Lovely Day was incredibly good

Quote Originally Posted by mpn1jco View Post
    maybe she can end her career on a high note.
    To us fans in the U.K...it really feels like she has been 'ending' her career with this endless live tour.
    It seems to me this is her ' high note'. She seems to have decided that if she can't sell records, the great American public is going to ' remember me' by dazzling each and every one of 'em on stage instead.

ChainReaction Guest
    I am old school Diana Ross. After Endless Love is where my collection ends. I have bootlegs DVDs of and Evening With Diana Ross, Royal Albert Hall, and the late seventies tours. I don't like the threadbare tours in the round. I love glamour, sequins, production, and a full orchestra. I read a post about her not singing Broadway songs. I want a show not a set of greatest hits. I hate to see Diana Ross on tour with a small band and playing small venues. I want to remember Diana Ross when she was a living legend.

I do think a lot fans [[not all) have their own individual preferences as to what Diana time line they prefer. For some it is her time with the Supremes, others the 70's, the RCA years or her return to Motown.
    ChainReaction, i would be interested to know why your collection ends with Endless Love. Do you not really care for any album after that point?
    It's interesting that you hate to see Diana playing small venues. My idea of Diana heaven would be to see her performing in an intimate nightclub, singing jazz and a personally selected assortment of album tracks covering her solo career.........Bliss..

ChainReaction Guest
    I don't want to go into to detail and start a feud. With all due respect, please read into that I am old school Diana Ross. I touch nothing after Endless Love. I was in high school in 1964 when I purchased my first Supremes records. I followed her through college. She was the soundtrack of my life for Disco, coming into my own as individual, the 70s and so on. I saw her in NY with an Evening With Diana Ross with a 50 piece orchestra and a heart stopping show . I was at the premiere of Mahoghany when there were lines around the block to get in and they had to run the movie 24 hours a day. No tours after the Boss and no music after 1981 and no movies after Mahoghany. I would rather have my memories and my DVD collection.
    Last edited by ChainReaction; 10-05-2016 at 09:59 AM.

I'm not hundred percent sure but in the seventies she played theatres and smaller venues than in the eighties.
    An Evening with Diana Ross was premiered at the Palace theater on Broadway and recorded in another theatre in LA.
    I think that she played a few shows at Universal amphithéâtre in 78 and also radio city music hall.

I am old school Diana Ross. After Endless Love is where my collection ends. I have bootlegs DVDs of and Evening With Diana Ross, Royal Albert Hall, and the late seventies tours. I don't like the threadbare tours in the round. I love glamour, sequins, production, and a full orchestra. I read a post about her not singing Broadway songs. I want a show not a set of greatest hits. I hate to see Diana Ross on tour with a small band and playing small venues. I want to remember Diana Ross when she was a living legend.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion but you are missing out on some fine music if you dismiss everything after ENDLESS LOVE. I agree the RCA years were by and large mediocre, but if you flip past the first 2 albums you will find a couple of good songs on ROSS83, a handful on SWEPT AWAY, EATEN ALIVE and RED HOT, and then a couple of glorious Motown albums TFBTP and TMH and a half decent one in EDISAND. All these albums are stronger than EVERYTHING IS EVERYTHING and LAST TIME I SAW HIM in my opinion. Open up your years my friend. You just may be pleasantly surprised.

ChainReaction Guest
    I've heard those albums. I will just say this because I don't want to start a feud. That is the period where her records stopped selling and I stopped buying them.
    Last edited by ChainReaction; 10-05-2016 at 11:51 AM.

my taste in Sup and Ross content has fluctuated over time. I love the 60s singles, some 60s lps, most of the 70s lps. but things change. I remember early on that the 70s Sups songs and lps were not my first choice - I was still heavy into the 60s hits. but then really like Ladder and Stoned Love. but didn't like Floy or B Weather. As time went on I warmed to things.

Same with Diana. start with the hits, then explore more 70s lps, occasionally spinning the RCA stuff. recently I've gotten more into her 80s and some of the 90s stuff. especially with playlists

I've heard those albums. I will just say this because I don't want to start a feud. That is the period where her records stopped selling and I stopped buying them.
    In the USA maybe, but certainly not in Europe and Japan.

mpn1jco Guest
    I don't want to go into to detail and start a feud. With all due respect, please read into that I am old school Diana Ross. I touch nothing after Endless Love. No tours after the Boss and no music after 1981 and no movies after Mahoghany. I would rather have my memories and my DVD collection.
    I just figured this one out. No Berry Gordy = No Diana Ross. Mahogany is the last movie Berry Gordy was involved in and Endless Love is the last record Berry Gordy oversaw. The Boss tour was her last extravagant production.
    Last edited by mpn1jco; 10-05-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Lovely Day was incredibly good
    I had forgotten about this song somehow, I think it's the best song on the album

I am a Dr fan since i was about 10, although there are some songs I like less than others, for the most part , she has done well. how many have had this long of a career. there are some but not many. and , she is still performing at 72.
    although I hope she records another album, the more time goes by, the more less likely it is to happen.
    I am not a huge fan of WO but there are some good songs on there. there are songs on Silk Electric that I like. overall, she has had a good run. glad we r here to celebrate her legacy

A question for Bluebrock...Do you know if there were any songs recorded for WO that never made it on to the album. You have previously mentioned that there were unreleased songs from FBTP and TMH
    I'm so excited already regarding these four cds. I hope the wait is not to long. Cheers.

A question for Bluebrock...Do you know if there were any songs recorded for WO that never made it on to the album. You have previously mentioned that there were unreleased songs from FBTP and TMH
    I'm so excited already regarding these four cds. I hope the wait is not to long. Cheers.
    I believe there are 2 further songs in the vault. I am not totally sure if they are complete but Diana certainly put down the vocals. Hopefully they will appear on the expanded version for all you WO fans out there.

On her consistant FBTP album, am I the only one to find the Stevie Wonder song badly produced or mixed?
    This is my favorite song of the album and also an all time favorite but I wish her voice was stronger or more up front.

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    On her consistant FBTP album, am I the only one to find the Stevie Wonder song badly produced or mixed?
    This is my LEAST favorite song of the album and also an all time favorite but I wish her voice was stronger or more up front.
    Iagree TFBTP Is the worst song on the album,although i think this album and WDFFIL And ILY ALBUMS where the best of the 8OS 9OS 2000S imo cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Iagree TFBTP Is the worst song on the album,although i think this album and WDFFIL And ILY ALBUMS where the best of the 8OS 9OS 2000S imo cheers.
    the quote is not correct, the exact words :
    This is my favorite song of the album and also an all time favorite but I wish her voice was stronger or more up front.
    So if this is your least favorite of the album, you can't agree with me.
    Last edited by Albator; 10-06-2016 at 04:36 PM.

imo, just like Diana had her 1980 lp remixed by Russ ,he should have missed the WO album. for me, like Surrender, it came out to dark? it didn't cross over because it didn't have any pop sounding songs but perhaps different mixs??

gba Guest
    I believe there are 2 further songs in the vault. I am not totally sure if they are complete but Diana certainly put down the vocals. Hopefully they will appear on the expanded version for all you WO fans out there.
    Thank you for your positive insights into Diana's career - it's really refreshing to read...I've enjoyed looking through the archives and reading your posts about her.

Quote Originally Posted by gba View Post
    Thank you for your positive insights into Diana's career - it's really refreshing to read...I've enjoyed looking through the archives and reading your posts about her.
    Very kind words gba. I appreciate them and may I wish you a belated welcome to the forum.

Bluebrock.is there any chance her Christmas album could be released for the USA market and include the out takes??? Not sure why this wasn't released here