[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You may well be right Reese. Certainly IWHOT was released on MCA in the USA but on EMI UK
    I always thought If We Hold On Together was released on MCA because they did the soundtrack album for the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I always thought If We Hold On Together was released on MCA because they did the soundtrack album for the movie.
    To a certain extent, yes that is true. But I also remember all the articles in Billboard, Variety, etc. that she was signing to MCA in late '88. Maybe that was also because of the Soundtrack. However, before the ink was dry in mid 1989, Gordy sold Motown to MCA and since they now owned Motown as well, it made sense to move her over. Though, i'm not sure if MCA and Motown had separate promotional staff. Somehow, I don't think so as that was the goal of the acquisitions at the time... reducing staff.