Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
Are you talking about the week before Christmas week when Diana rather surprisingly ended up slipping back from #2 to #4? As far as I was aware the sales Christmas week were something like 280k for Queen and 69k for Diana.

This is not meant to be cheeky and after all what do I know about marketing? but was there any problem about the release date of Your Love. I personally always felt this was bungled.

The UK chart seems to follow patterns and go rather static the week before Christmas. When You Tell Me and If We Hold On had five weeks pre-Christmas sales whereas Your Love in 1993 was only given four. It may not have peaked higher but had it been released a week earlier it would surely have sold at least 20k more.

I have always felt that "morally" Diana was the UK#1 Christmas album that year with One Woman.

Because Christmas Day was a Saturday that year the Christmas week chart was officially called on sales to Saturday 18 December. But Diana went to #1 the next week on sales of 200k+ based up to 23rd December. As shops closed on Christmas day back then I always felt this was the true Christmas chart topper.
Goodness me Florence. You are testing my memory here!! From what i can recall the only reason why "your love"did not follow the pattern of the other singles you mentioned was down to Diana's availability. She had some family function to attend as i recall and couldn't be in the Uk until a week later than originally planned. There was no other reason that i recall unless there is something i cannot currently remember.
I recall we all got drunk when "one woman" reached the summit of the album chart!! It was one wild evening was that, and that is all i can say!