[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Thanks Bluebrock, all this makes sense now. I enjoy "WO" better then any album she ever recorded for RCA.
    I remember feeling hugely dissapointed when the cd box set was released. The remastering was crap, the cheap packaging made it difficult to take the cd out and there was nothing rare from her back catalouge on it. It even had the wrong track listing. It has to be said that it paled considerably when compared to the slick box set Columbia released on Streisand around the time. What went wrong?.
    Was all of this your doin????.................JUST JOKING!!!
    It was explained that the box was entirely Ross Records' deal. All Motown did was release and distribute it. Needless to say, Ross's people were in charge, and she appears to have done it as cheaply as possible.

I'm not the biggest Ross fan by any means, but even I thought that it was a shoddy way to treat a major recording artist, from the mastering to the packaging. When I found out it was Ross's company that put it together, it made me wonder even more why she wouldn't ensure that it was worthy. I got rid of the box as soon as I could. I didn't even want it in my sight! Much later, Harry Weinger would produce the 2-CD The Diana Ross Motown Anthology, and that is much better, but it's not a box, and i'm not totally satisfied with Suha Gur's work on it.
    Last edited by soulster; 03-26-2016 at 01:44 PM.