[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I too had hoped for some new songs on Stolen Moments

A great name though!
    Wish they had done studio take of WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD,Love the live cut - just hope one day a studio recording turns up from this collection .cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Wish they had done studio take of WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD,Love the live cut - just hope one day a studio recording turns up from this collection .cheers.
    She did do a studio recording of "waww" for her standards album which remains unreleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She did do a studio recording of "waww" for her standards album which remains unreleased.
    It would have been great for the boxed set. The version she did use seems to be taken straight from her 1989 HBO special, is mostly instrumental, and without the visuals, doesn't really make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    It would have been great for the boxed set. The version she did use seems to be taken straight from her 1989 HBO special, is mostly instrumental, and without the visuals, doesn't really make sense.
    She performed it live a few times. I haven't heard the studio take on it but I would imagine she made a good job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She performed it live a few times. I haven't heard the studio take on it but I would imagine she made a good job of it.
    When I saw her in 1989, her closing number was WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD. She didn't have the plastic globe that she had on the HBO special and on OUR COMMON FUTURE. Instead, when she came to the bridge, she just started twirling her arms, and the audience screamed.

When I saw her in 1989, her closing number was WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD. She didn't have the plastic globe that she had on the HBO special and on OUR COMMON FUTURE. Instead, when she came to the bridge, she just started twirling her arms, and the audience screamed.
    It is one of her personal favourite songs. She always sang it with conviction. I would love to hear her studio versions. I know she did at least 2 takes of it. One was a full blown production whilst the other was a more stripped down version.

there is another version from another evening of the same engagement ... she performed another verse and it was broadcast for a tv environmental special back in 89.