[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    honest man Guest
    Diana and Marvin project came up tops for me.[ wish we could hear solo versions before they were duet mixed]way before the 76 black album,cheers.

[QUOTE=honest man;338420]Diana and Marvin project came up tops for me.[ wish we could hear solo versions before they were duet mixed]way before the 76 black album,cheers.[/QUOTE
    In my opinion the Diana and Marvin album was a slight disappointment. Sure it contained some fine songs but for me i tend to like it rather than love it. I too would love another expanded edition with all the solo efforts on the bonus disc. I am told a couple of unreleased songs from the sessions remain in the vaultsand if that be the case the expanded version previously releasedis certainly not definitive. We also had the alternate version of "my mistake" which made it's way onto the Anthology set from the late 90's. This would be a great project and i guess i would see the album in a whole new light with all these additional bonus tracks.

honest man Guest
    [QUOTE=Bluebrock;338422]
    Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post
    Diana and Marvin project came up tops for me.[ wish we could hear solo versions before they were duet mixed]way before the 76 black album,cheers.[/QUOTE
    In my opinion the Diana and Marvin album was a slight disappointment. Sure it contained some fine songs but for me i tend to like it rather than love it. I too would love another expanded edition with all the solo efforts on the bonus disc. I am told a couple of unreleased songs from the sessions remain in the vaultsand if that be the case the expanded version previously releasedis certainly not definitive. We also had the alternate version of "my mistake" which made it's way onto the Anthology set from the late 90's. This would be a great project and i guess i would see the album in a whole new light with all these additional bonus tracks.
    Hmmm this album IMO Was fantastic maybe- include me in your life was the bummer on the set,I seem to remember Don't knock my love ALT Was on Marvin's big box and 1 more correct me if i'm wrong,yes i reckon the Expanded version really needs updating ACE etc,can your hear.cheers.

[QUOTE=honest man;338425]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Hmmm this album IMO Was fantastic maybe- include me in your life was the bummer on the set,I seem to remember Don't knock my love ALT Was on Marvin's big box and 1 more correct me if i'm wrong,yes i reckon the Expanded version really needs updating ACE etc,can your hear.cheers.
    Indeed, the box set "The Marvin Gaye Collection" includes the alternate version of Don't Knock My Love [[with Diana saying: "Take it to the top, Marv!" and a wonderful one-minute longer version of "You're A Special Part of Me" [[4:37) -- such a shame those were not included on the expanded edition. The compilation CD "Marvin Gaye: Love Songs -- The Greatest Duets" includes an alternate version of "Pledging My Love" which I prefer to the original album version although it fades too early.

honest man Guest
    [QUOTE=Jaap;338429]
    Quote Originally Posted by honest man View Post

Indeed, the box set "The Marvin Gaye Collection" includes the alternate version of Don't Knock My Love [[with Diana saying: "Take it to the top, Marv!" and a wonderful one-minute longer version of "You're A Special Part of Me" [[4:37) -- such a shame those were not included on the expanded edition. The compilation CD "Marvin Gaye: Love Songs -- The Greatest Duets" includes an alternate version of "Pledging My Love" which I prefer to the original album version although it fades too early.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH I Have pledging my love ALT on some other cd , i know i have heard it,just can't think,my head is battered with all this uk euro MESS, does anyone know what other cd set it appears on please.