Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
You must bear in mind that the "workin overtime" album had already been released when i came on board. From what i heard it appears she had met with Motown execs upon her return to the label to discuss the first project. Janet Jackson was very big at this time and certain people thought Diana should go down that particular avenue and have a younger more streetwise image and sound. Initially she embraced the idea and was open to working with Nile Rodgers again however the finished project was not what had been hoped for. Diana wanted to scrap the album and start again but had insufficient time to deliver new product, and therefore had to make do with the songs already recorded. It is true she had a major say in the first single and then had a change of heart when it was too late to change it. She said she would look ridiculous performing it on prime time TV and just plain refused to sing that song. It was decided that "this house" would be the easiest song to rehearse with only 1 day to spare. She worked so hard that day and sang the song as well as it could be sang. She bonded quite well with Terry Wogan who was a long standing fan and the interview went well. Motown wanted some comeback on their investment so she agreed to sing several album tracks on that tour but promptly dropped them all at the end of that tour.
Thanks Bluebrock, all this makes sense now. I enjoy "WO" better then any album she ever recorded for RCA.
I remember feeling hugely dissapointed when the cd box set was released. The remastering was crap, the cheap packaging made it difficult to take the cd out and there was nothing rare from her back catalouge on it. It even had the wrong track listing. It has to be said that it paled considerably when compared to the slick box set Columbia released on Streisand around the time. What went wrong?.
Was all of this your doin????.................JUST JOKING!!!