[REMOVE ADS]

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1254
    You know I used to get frustrated with hit CDs with 3 or do new Ross songs now I wish we could get just that

Bluebrock: What are the chances of Diana Ross releasing another CD? Non existent, small or reasonable?

Diana Ross & The Supremes - The Ultimate Collection released in the UK in 1997 has just been awarded a Silver Disc for sales in excess of 60k.

It never charted but it shows the girls' records continue to sell steadily.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Bluebrock: What are the chances of Diana Ross releasing another CD? Non existent, small or reasonable?
    She would do it in a flash if she didn't have to travel the world over promoting it. The offers are still there but they come with that condition, and at this point in her life she does not want to tire herself out too much with all the travelling. It may happen if she is willing to make a few concessions..........

really at this point, why tour her butt off and no guarantee it would do well. although if the right producer and songs come together, it could be worth it, perhaps a few strategic performances,....she is still touring.but it does seem that her live shows are shrinking though. she used to perform for 90 minutes or more now it seems she is down to 70 mins average.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Diana Ross & The Supremes - The Ultimate Collection released in the UK in 1997 has just been awarded a Silver Disc for sales in excess of 60k.

It never charted but it shows the girls' records continue to sell steadily.
    In fact, in 2016 alone, she received two silver and two Gold records for her Supremes and solo albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She would do it in a flash if she didn't have to travel the world over promoting it. The offers are still there but they come with that condition, and at this point in her life she does not want to tire herself out too much with all the travelling. It may happen if she is willing to make a few concessions..........
    if she does sign on I hope she has thr sense to have you there by her side. then we can here at SD help with tracklisting etc...lol kidding about the second part but not the first.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    if she does sign on I hope she has thr sense to have you there by her side. then we can here at SD help with tracklisting etc...lol kidding about the second part but not the first.
    Thank you David!!I am confident i will be there too.

whew, I am relieved ,then I know it will go well

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    In fact, in 2016 alone, she received two silver and two Gold records for her Supremes and solo albums.
    Interesting Albator. Do You know which albums they were?.

Bluebrock,...if albums such as WO get rereleased,....how about taking some songs such as Paradise......give them a 2017 remix??? or whatever year they come out.
    I like some songs on WO but some I dont like the mixes??? thought this album was good but ....flat.?

thinking out loud.since Diana has released albums thru other companies such as Hallmark and Starbuck[[Blue) , would they not be a good source for releasing a new cd.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Interesting Albator. Do You know which albums they were?.
    From BPI pages :
    DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES - THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION

Silver Certification [[Album) 04 November 2016
    UNIVERSAL MUSIC [[MOTOWN)
    Released 10 August 1998

DIANA ROSS - MOTOWN'S GREATEST HITS

Silver Certification [[Album) 18 March 2016
    UNIVERSAL MUSIC [[MOTOWN)
    Released 24 September 2007

DIANA ROSS - THE GREATEST

Gold Certification [[Album) 18 March 2016
    UNIVERSAL MUSIC/WARNER MUSIC [[PARLOPHONE/UMTV)
    Released 07 November 2011

DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES - YOU KEEP ME HANGIN' ON

Gold Certification [[Album) 08 January 2016
    UNIVERSAL MUSIC [[SPECTRUM MUSIC)
    Released 02 May 1997

Bluebrock,...if albums such as WO get rereleased,....how about taking some songs such as Paradise......give them a 2017 remix??? or whatever year they come out.
    I like some songs on WO but some I dont like the mixes??? thought this album was good but ....flat.?
    I am not directly involved David. I was merely asked to submit the unreleased tracks that i am aware of . If these albums do come out they will just contain the original album along with remixes from the period and unreleased songs from the various sessions. I am not aware of any 2017 mixes. That would have to happen as a separate project.

Many thanks Albator. It just goes to show those compilation albums continue to sell over a long period of time, with new ones still being released even now.

thinking out loud.since Diana has released albums thru other companies such as Hallmark and Starbuck[[Blue) , would they not be a good source for releasing a new cd.....
    I don't know about Hallmark but Starbucks had a deal with Motown to release the album Blue in their stores initially, so it wasn't techniccally a Starbucks release. I believe the Starbucks music label, Hear Music, went out of business right after Carly Simon released This Kind Of Love with them. I believe there was a lawsuit over that.

Hi guys, this is my first post, but it’s not the first time I visit this amazing thread.

I’m from Rio/Brazil and I don’t speak English that well, but I can understand almost everything.

I’ve been a massive fan of Diana’s work since 1997, when I saw the “Take Me Higher” video on a R&B video compilation airing on MTV Brazil – something very rare. In the 90’s, it was very hard to see Diana’s current material on television or on radio in Brazil, but she was considered a legendary superstar by the media. In despite of the lack of airplay, her current cds were distributed by EMI and you could easily find them on cd stores, thank God. I was obsessed with her after Take Me Higher, bought the album and listened to that, at least, a million times!

When I became a fan, I was delighted to know that she was still scoring big hits in Europe and especially, in U.K. In those times, I was always going to book stores who had billboard’s magazine and I was bothered when I discovered that she was never on the U.S. charts. It seemed so strange to me, ‘cause her material was Top-notch quality and she had a tremendous career in the 60’s, 70’s and most of the 80’s.

I imagined that Take Me Higher was a # 1 U.S. hit, but when I discovered that it didn’t even enter the Hot 100, I was shocked.

So, I am thrilled to find this thread and some insight at the backstage politics of her career at EMI UK and Motown US. The 90’s are my favorite Diana’s decade. I love her work with the Supremes too.

For me, Take Me Higher was like that classic soulful Diana of the 60’s in a contemporary version.

Bluebrock, I’d like to thank you for the AMAZING stories, it was so heart-warming to read everything you’ve posted. I really thank you.

I’d like to ask you some things too, hope I don’t bother you. I will start with two questions that have been in my mind since the 90’s:

- Take Me Higher [[album) debuted at # 10 in U.K. – an amazing feat – but surprisingly it only stayed in the charts for three weeks. Can I ask you why? Three weeks seems like a very short time for an amazing and well promoted album to remain in the charts. Did the british public didn't accept the concept of the album? After FBTP and the #1 compilation "One Woman...", TMH wasn't even certified silver.

- “Sugarfree”, from EDIAN, is one of my favorite Diana Ross songs. It’s so incredibly catchy, soulful and commercial. It was ever considered for a single? Do you know if Diana liked the song? In my opinion, “Sugarfree” was her best chance to score a contemporary R&B hit at the time, especially in U.S.

I’m so happy to be here! Thank you for the attention.
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 11-22-2016 at 03:15 PM.

both albums were great but by the time these albums came out, the record company could care less. they wanted to promote the younger artists.
    welcome aboard.glad you are here with us

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro2015 View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first post, but it’s not the first time I visit this amazing thread.

I’m from Rio/Brazil and I don’t speak English that well, but I can understand almost everything.

I’ve been a massive fan of Diana’s work since 1997, when I saw the “Take Me Higher” video on a R&B video compilation airing on MTV Brazil – something very rare. In the 90’s, it was very hard to see Diana’s current material on television or on radio in Brazil, but she was considered a legendary superstar by the media. In despite of the lack of airplay, her current cds were distributed by EMI and you could easily find them on cd stores, thank God. I was obsessed with her after Take Me Higher, bought the album and listened to that, at least, a million times!

When I became a fan, I was delighted to know that she was still scoring big hits in Europe and especially, in U.K. In those times, I was always going to book stores who had billboard’s magazine and I was bothered when I discovered that she was never on the U.S. charts. It seemed so strange to me, ‘cause her material was Top-notch quality and she had a tremendous career in the 60’s, 70’s and most of the 80’s.

I imagined that Take Me Higher was a # 1 U.S. hit, but when I discovered that it didn’t even enter the Hot 100, I was shocked.

So, I am thrilled to find this thread and some insight at the backstage politics of her career at EMI UK and Motown US. The 90’s are my favorite Diana’s decade. I love her work with the Supremes too.

For me, Take Me Higher was like that classic soulful Diana of the 60’s in a contemporary version.

Bluebrock, I’d like to thank you for the AMAZING stories, it was so heart-warming to read everything you’ve posted. I really thank you.

I’d like to ask you some things too, hope I don’t bother you. I will start with two questions that have been in my mind since the 90’s:

- Take Me Higher [[album) debuted at # 10 in U.K. – an amazing feat – but surprisingly it only stayed in the charts for three weeks. Can I ask you why? Three weeks seems like a very short time for an amazing and well promoted album to remain in the charts. Did the british public didn't accept the concept of the album? After FBTP and the #1 compilation "One Woman...", TMH wasn't even certified silver.

- “Sugarfree”, from EDIAN, is one of my favorite Diana Ross songs. It’s so incredibly catchy, soulful and commercial. It was ever considered for a single? Do you know if Diana liked the song? In my opinion, “Sugarfree” was her best chance to score a contemporary R&B hit at the time, especially in U.S.

Thank you so much for the very kind words which are greatly appreciated. I will answer your questions but cannot devote the time at this moment. Please bear with me for a day or two when i shall have a little more time.
    Your English is very good by the way, and may i join David in wishing you a very warm welcome to this forum. Your post is like a breath of fresh air and i look forward to many good conversations with you. Please feel free to ask any other questions in addition to the two i shall attempt to answer later this week. You take care now.

Thank you so much Bluebrock and daviddh for the warm welcome. It means a lot.

It feels very good to be here.

Bluebrock, take your time, I'll happily wait . Thank you again for your kind approach. It's been an amazing experience to learn a little bit more of the backstage politics. It's a dream for every fan!

daviddh, Yes, record companies tend to invest money in younger artists, a pity by the way.

One more thing that I remember is that Diana Ross came to Rio de Janeiro in 1994 with her "Forever Diana" World Tour.

She has the distinction to be the first artist to perform at the newly built Metropolitan [[concert hall/arena). She was invited to be the first one, and it was a very high-class concert arena for brazilian parameters, with 5,000 to 12,000 capacity. In Diana's case, it wasn't standing room, it had tables, so the capacity it was like 5,000. And it were two concerts, one closed for VIP invitees and another for the general public [[a sold out date!!!).

I was still a kid and not yet a fan [[I was more into Michael and Madonna), but when I saw the magazines and tv reports promoting it, I thought that she was very beautiful and VERY glamorous.

She semeed larger than life, like a princess.

A record company, I think it was Polygram [[who distributed Motown records here) even released a greatest hits compilation "The Megastar", to capitalize on the concerts. The album was released only in Brazil and it was a success.

But, strangely, her current work didn't get much, if any, airplay in brazillian radios. The record industry in Brazil was very large, very rentable. But I guess Diana was considered an icon from the previous generations, the general public didn't even know that she was still releasing great new music.

But she was very famous here, regarded as a true superstar and a very beautiful and classy woman. Everybody knew her association with Michael Jackson, and it was believed here that he wanted to look like her [[but I guess this was believed in every other part of the world).

Diana returned to Rio 19 years after, 2013, for a concert at the HSBC arena [[a very large arena, very similar of those that we see in U.S.). I wasn't able to go, and I do regret it. The concert didn't have the same kind of promotion/publicity that the first Diana visit here had, but it was well received by the public and critics. She stayed at the very expensive Fasano Hotel/Ipanema Beach. You can even find pictures of her in the hotel, just google it: "diana ross fasano ipanema".
    Last edited by Nitro2015; 11-23-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Take Me Higher is one of her best albums.in my top ten anyway.probably top 5.
    I think .imo.diana going back to Motown wasn't a good thing.although there are reasons why she wanted to go back.but I think If We Hold On was released on MCA. Maybe she should have stayed there. But I'm sure Diana felt a need to go home.
    I think she recorded some of her best work during this period.... that went unnoticed.
    Sadly.she did not get the support she needed.
    The tour was a success and she sounded and looked great.but for whatever reason.the tour did not result in great album sales.?????
    I think most people think she is a legend of the past and look over her new work.sadly.
    Welcome aboard. Again.so happy you are here.enjoyed reading your posts and memories

PS agree Sugar free was a highlife from EIAND

Bluerock

Diana and Glastonbury 2017.

Was this just another false dawn?

Bluerock

Diana and Glastonbury 2017.

Was this just another false dawn?
    We have encountered a few problems which will get resolved but not in time for 2017 sadly. Keep that thought because it will very likely happen. Everyone is working hard to ensure that it does and most importantly Diana wants to do it. That is all i can say at the moment.

We have encountered a few problems which will get resolved but not in time for 2017 sadly. Keep that thought because it will very likely happen. Everyone is working hard to ensure that it does and most importantly Diana wants to do it. That is all i can say at the moment.
    Unfortunately too, I believe 2018 is a "gap" year.

So she'll be 75 at youngest when and if she performs there!

How old can you be and still manage to perform?

I saw Loretta Lynn singing a song at an Awards show with two young singers and 3 back up singers and I thought her voice was quite strong still.

Unfortunately too, I believe 2018 is a "gap" year.
    I didn't realise that Florence. Leave it with me.

thinking out loud, in the dept stores for Christmas. checking out Christmas cds and none are from Diana ross. shame such a good album went unnoticed. thank Motown usa. why this never got a usa release is unacceptable

Bluebrock, please don't forget about me! :P
    #sorrytobotheryou

Bluebrock, please don't forget about me! :P
    #sorrytobotheryou
    You are not bothering me so do not apologise. I have been very busy but will hopefully be able to respond to you in the next day or two.

Hey there. Sorry for the delay in responding.
    Regarding TAKE ME HIGHER we had a few issues which i cannot go into here. In terms of the music i thought, and still think it remains one of her most consistently strong albums. We did not have Diana over in the UK initially due to a family issue but if she had been able to make the original 10 day trip i believe we would have got a better return on it. I now regret not re-promoting the title track. I still think it could have gone top 10. I did not want GONE as the 2nd single. My reasons can be found in an earlier post on this thread. I never liked I WILL SURVIVE but Diana loved it and practically demanded it be a single. I thought there were better choices but at the time i was not fully focused due to a family matter of my own. I do blame myself for not pushing this album further but for private reasons it never happened.
    As regards SUGARFREE i honestly cannot remember discussing its merits with Diana. She was not totally on board with this album, and to be honest neither was i. I thought it to be a good album but much weaker than TFBTP and TMH as did Diana.Due top personal problems we could not give this album the attention it needed to succeed. Listening back SUGARFREE could have been a major r&b hit in the States. It remains catchy and melodic but it was never considered as a single i'm afraid. Perhaps that was a mistake.
    Hope that amswers your immediate questions but please feel free to ask further ones.

Bluerock -- I appreciate you and I enjoy reading your posts. Thank you for fair, balanced information. Cheers, Jim

Hey there. Sorry for the delay in responding.
    Regarding TAKE ME HIGHER we had a few issues which i cannot go into here. In terms of the music i thought, and still think it remains one of her most consistently strong albums. We did not have Diana over in the UK initially due to a family issue but if she had been able to make the original 10 day trip i believe we would have got a better return on it. I now regret not re-promoting the title track. I still think it could have gone top 10. I did not want GONE as the 2nd single. My reasons can be found in an earlier post on this thread. I never liked I WILL SURVIVE but Diana loved it and practically demanded it be a single. I thought there were better choices but at the time i was not fully focused due to a family matter of my own. I do blame myself for not pushing this album further but for private reasons it never happened.
    As regards SUGARFREE i honestly cannot remember discussing its merits with Diana. She was not totally on board with this album, and to be honest neither was i. I thought it to be a good album but much weaker than TFBTP and TMH as did Diana.Due top personal problems we could not give this album the attention it needed to succeed. Listening back SUGARFREE could have been a major r&b hit in the States. It remains catchy and melodic but it was never considered as a single i'm afraid. Perhaps that was a mistake.
    Hope that amswers your immediate questions but please feel free to ask further ones.
    Bluebrock, you're really sweet. Thank you so much for the insights.

What you wrote really helps us to understand some things better. And this post was, once again, an important piece of a puzzle that we're all trying to complete.

For what I understand, reading many posts in this thread, Diana couldn't be in the U.K. for many pivotal moments of the TMH album/single promotion. That really hurt some of the record's appeal with the record-buying public. I can totally understand that, she was a very busy woman, living a very complicated life - children in U.S., husband in Europe, business matters mainly in U.S.

I guess life runs this way, you can't have it all. Diana almost had it all, at least for a time.

In regard of "Sugarfree", I've always really loved that song, and I imagine that it had a lot to do with her relationship with Arne. She sings with such grace and commitment. Arne was moving on, dating a younger woman [[as the press let us all know), the marriage was falling apart, and that really hit Diana hard.

"Here I am
    I'm confident and I've gone on with my life
    Ever since that day you said goodbye
    But it's evident to me that you're hurting inside

You sound alone
    And more bitter as each minute goes by
    And you never were that way when I was in your life
    Have the sweeter things all been left behind

Oh baby without my love
    You'll always be sugar free
    And you'll miss me
    Oh baby, I'm the sweetest taste
    That you could ever receive"

Rejection is one of the most painful feelings that someone can endure. But I know that Diana also had some blame in all that because she refused to live with him.

I wonder why Diana didn't move to U.K/Europe in the 90's. Her career was soaring in Europe and she was married with a european man. But I was always fascinated with her relationship with Arne because they lived so far apart from each other. I guess both wanted to remain, in a way, independent.

"Sugarfree" also really reminds me of the innocent-sweet Supremes songs like "Stop! In the name of love":

"Haven't I been good to you?
    [[Think it over)
    Haven't I been sweet to you?"

I don't have any doubt that in "Sugarfree" is was her best shot at having a R&B hit. I wonder how this amazing song would sound live.

At least, we have it on record.

Thank you Bluebrock.

I would imagine the reason Diana did not move to Europe was because of her daughters.
    I view both TMH and EDIAND as being superb albums. I love "Sugar Free", but doubt it would have caused much of a splash had it been released as a single. This was 99 and not 81 after all.
    Remixes were the way to go with this album. "Until We Meet Again [[remix) had real chart potential as did "Carry On", [[ perhaps remixed again). Also "Got To Be Free" with a solid club remix.
    I have to say the cover photo of Diana looking like a white woman did not really float my boat.

Bluebrock, you're really sweet. Thank you so much for the insights.

What you wrote really helps us to understand some things better. And this post was, once again, an important piece of a puzzle that we're all trying to complete.

For what I understand, reading many posts in this thread, Diana couldn't be in the U.K. for many pivotal moments of the TMH album/single promotion. That really hurt some of the record's appeal with the record-buying public. I can totally understand that, she was a very busy woman, living a very complicated life - children in U.S., husband in Europe, business matters mainly in U.S.

I guess life runs this way, you can't have it all. Diana almost had it all, at least for a time.

In regard of "Sugarfree", I've always really loved that song, and I imagine that it had a lot to do with her relationship with Arne. She sings with such grace and commitment. Arne was moving on, dating a younger woman [[as the press let us all know), the marriage was falling apart, and that really hit Diana hard.

"Here I am
    I'm confident and I've gone on with my life
    Ever since that day you said goodbye
    But it's evident to me that you're hurting inside

You sound alone
    And more bitter as each minute goes by
    And you never were that way when I was in your life
    Have the sweeter things all been left behind

Oh baby without my love
    You'll always be sugar free
    And you'll miss me
    Oh baby, I'm the sweetest taste
    That you could ever receive"

Rejection is one of the most painful feelings that someone can endure. But I know that Diana also had some blame in all that because she refused to live with him.

I wonder why Diana didn't move to U.K/Europe in the 90's. Her career was soaring in Europe and she was married with a european man. But I was always fascinated with her relationship with Arne because they lived so far apart from each other. I guess both wanted to remain, in a way, independent.

"Sugarfree" also really reminds me of the innocent-sweet Supremes songs like "Stop! In the name of love":

"Haven't I been good to you?
    [[Think it over)
    Haven't I been sweet to you?"

I don't have any doubt that in "Sugarfree" is was her best shot at having a R&B hit. I wonder how this amazing song would sound live.

At least, we have it on record.

Thank you Bluebrock.
    Diana spent as much time in London as she could during this time. The only reason she did not totally move over was because of her daughters. She did own a home in London until very recently which was rented out.

I think TMH was one of her best albums.in my top 5 DR CDs.
    I do think Everyday was good but needed a few more remixes. But overall solid album. She sounded great. I didn't like the cover art or the black lipstick .didn't think the cover art did her justice.
    Sugar free was a great track and Carry On. Still can't believe Not Over You wasn't a single.in USA.

I think TMH was one of her best albums.in my top 5 DR CDs.
    I do think Everyday was good but needed a few more remixes. But overall solid album. She sounded great. I didn't like the cover art or the black lipstick .didn't think the cover art did her justice.
    Sugar free was a great track and Carry On. Still can't believe Not Over You wasn't a single.in USA.
    I find it strange that with the success of NOYY in the UK we didn't have Carry On as the follow-up single. A big opportunity lost I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rovereab View Post
    I find it strange that with the success of NOYY in the UK we didn't have Carry On as the follow-up single. A big opportunity lost I think.
    I have already explained why earlier on this thread rovereab. Diana had personal problems and was unable to travel to the UK to promote a follow up single.

Bluebrock, thanks again for your insight. it gives us the inside view into WHY. although as fans we are ,or have been, as fans of DR, frustrated with how and why things didn't happen.
    I remember how big Cher's album Believe became but Diana's did not.. although I was happy for Cher but found it frustrating.
    I also realize as artists get older the enter the oldies but goodies segment of their career. the oldies but goodies radio wont play dianes new songs because they are new but the new contemporary radio wont play her new songs because they consider Diana oldie but goodie. it's a catch 22.
    but we so appreciate you for your insight and thru you we have a connection with Diana that we have never had. BG made her rather unapproachable. so we never had the insight with Diana that we have had with you. thank you for this inside connection.
    Last edited by daviddh; 12-04-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Bluebrock, thanks again for your insight. it gives us the inside view into WHY. although as fans we are ,or have been, as fans of DR, frustrated with how and why things didn't happen.
    I remember how big Cher's album Believe became but Diana's did not.. although I was happy for Cher but found it frustrating.
    I also realize as artists get older the enter the oldies but goodies segment of their career. the oldies but goodies radio wont play dianes new songs because they are new but the new contemporary radio wont play her new songs because they consider Diana oldie but goodie. it's a catch 22.
    but we so appreciate you for your insight and thru you we have a connection with Diana that we have never had. BG made her rather unapproachable. so we never had the insight with Diana that we have had with you. thank you for this inside connection.
    Thank you David. It was a great honour to get to know the person behind the image. I was initially reluctant to take on the job due to all the horror stories i had heard from her detractors. She was one of my idols and the previous two occasions i had got to work with an icon i was left very disappointed - no names here. You will have to wait for the book!
    However i did take on the job not knowing that i would become a close personal friend to her, a friendship which continues to this very day. The lady behind the wig is a million miles away from the monster certain people on this forum would have us believe. She showed great kindness to me when i lost my son in appalling circumstances, and the deaths of my wives 12years apart. I will care for her until the day i die and those years i worked with her remain both the happiest and saddest time in my life for various reasons.

Bluebrock: I think we asked you before. Does Diana Ross know you are part of this Forum? And she approves your presence. Sadly, does she know the 'bad' side of this Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Bluebrock: I think we asked you before. Does Diana Ross know you are part of this Forum? And she approves your presence. Sadly, does she know the 'bad' side of this Forum?
    Yes and yes and yes again.

Yes and yes and yes again.
    How embarrassing that she knows of the bad side! I know she doesn't let it get to her. She is above all that. Her work and children prove the kind of woman she really is. She is the best!!

Thank you David. It was a great honour to get to know the person behind the image. I was initially reluctant to take on the job due to all the horror stories i had heard from her detractors. She was one of my idols and the previous two occasions i had got to work with an icon i was left very disappointed - no names here. You will have to wait for the book!
    However i did take on the job not knowing that i would become a close personal friend to her, a friendship which continues to this very day. The lady behind the wig is a million miles away from the monster certain people on this forum would have us believe. She showed great kindness to me when i lost my son in appalling circumstances, and the deaths of my wives 12years apart. I will care for her until the day i die and those years i worked with her remain both the happiest and saddest time in my life for various reasons.
    so sorry for your losses. so heartbreaking. please know although we do not know you we send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family. we so appreciate you and I know Diana does as well. it is refreshing to hear you talk about her. as over the years I grew up listening to her. I heard the rumours and at times it made me sad. I think that is why we love having you here. you have been able, in your own way ,to clarify many things and bring her to life in human force. that may sound strange
    I am grateful for your presence here everytime I check in. my best from USA
    Last edited by daviddh; 12-05-2016 at 08:05 PM.

just checking iTunes top 200 Christmas albums and the supremes did not make it, temptations and stevie wonder both made the list but not our girls.

I am still holding out for a CD of the expanded Merry Christmas. Don‘t think I‘m the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    I am still holding out for a CD of the expanded Merry Christmas. Don‘t think I‘m the only one.
    This was released last year [[or the year before). Is there more expansion to be had?
    https://www.amazon.com/Merry-Christm...erry+christmas

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    This was released last year [[or the year before). Is there more expansion to be had?
    https://www.amazon.com/Merry-Christm...erry+christmas
    I think the operative word for djessie is "CD" as opposed to MP3.

as far as I know there was only one other track left with no vocals. I think it was sleigh Ride

so sorry for your losses. so heartbreaking. please know although we do not know you we send our thoughts and prayers to you and your family. we so appreciate you and I know Diana does as well. it is refreshing to hear you talk about her. as over the years I grew up listening to her. I heard the rumours and at times it made me sad. I think that is why we love having you here. you have been able, in your own way ,to clarify many things and bring her to life in human force. that may sound strange
    I am grateful for your presence here everytime I check in. my best from USA
    Thank you for the kind words David. When my son died part of me died also, but my faith got me through it. The same with my wives. I have never fully recovered and never will but i know they are safely in heaven awaiting me joining them. Thank you again dear friend.