[REMOVE ADS]

Tony Warren, Creator of ‘Coronation Street,’ Dies at 79

He clearly did well if he is known in the USA.

RIP Tony and thanks for Ena, Minnie, Elsie, Martha, Hilda, Annie, Concepta, Albert, Mr Swindley, Emily, Lucille, Jack,........

I too am still surprised at the number of TV programmes from here in the 'little old UK' which are broadcast and enjoyed in the U.S.....especially those which are more regional in their conception, which would at first sight seem to present difficulties for U.S. viewers in understanding what is sometimes being said by the actors..!

Yes, what a cast of slightly larger than life characters was created by Tony Warren, all of whom were originally based in the tradition of music hall, and were all the better for it.

I believe Marv, for one, has followed 'Corrie' for years and, to this day, maintains a consistent interest......

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    He clearly did well if he is known in the USA.

RIP Tony and thanks for Ena, Minnie, Elsie, Martha, Hilda, Annie, Concepta, Albert, Mr Swindley, Emily, Lucille, Jack,........
    and the finest woman on television on either side of the Atlantic......Carla Connors!

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    I too am still surprised at the number of TV programmes from here in the 'little old UK' which are broadcast and enjoyed in the U.S.....especially those which are more regional in their conception, which would at first sight seem to present difficulties for U.S. viewers in understanding what is sometimes being said by the actors..!

Yes, what a cast of slightly larger than life characters was created by Tony Warren, all of whom were originally based in the tradition of music hall, and were all the better for it.

I believe Marv, for one, has followed 'Corrie' for years and, to this day, maintains a consistent interest......
    It is my show! LOL! I love it! For years I ignore it as it is shown on the CBC in Canada. Several years ago I decided to sit down and see what it was all about. It think it was just before the big tram accident when I became hooked.

'The big tram accident' - ! LOL

'The big tram accident' - ! LOL

You remember right? When that girl Kevin had the baby by died?

I have to admit I only see it on and off, and I can think of at least two tram accidents...but you mean Molly Dobbs, killed when the tram came off the viaduct, and crashed into the corner shop and The Kabin...?

I have to admit I only see it on and off, and I can think of at least two tram accidents...but you mean Molly Dobbs, killed when the tram came off the viaduct, and crashed into the corner shop and The Kabin...?
    Exactly! Then Kevin had to tell Sally about the baby. We use to binge watch Corrie whenever New York had storms where we had to stay home from work. LOL!