[REMOVE ADS]

DIANA ROSS Concert At Universal Studios - Orlando 2016

Enjoy!

Luke this is the show performed last month that I was speaking of.....

Looks like miss Ross gained some pounds

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    She did. Last year, she was still doing the gown changes. Here it looks like she stayed in basic black and just changed her wraps a few times.

I am in her age bracket and some medications, that I need to take caused me to gain more weight than I wanted. Diana may have the same issue.

But as someone we love once said, "Thin may be in, but fat is where it's at!"

Maybe she has decided she wants to eat what she likes as she enters her twilight years. She has spent the best part of 50 years dieting and depriving herself of food that many people have eaten on a daily basis. I recall several occasions when i worked with her and she was eating salads, pulses and various health drinks whilst my colleagues and i were tucking into much tastier and unhealthier products. She always stayed focused and on only one occasion did she say "stuff this" and joined us for some good old fashioned English fish and chips!!

I hate to say this, as I am a Diana Ross fan myself, however I have been finding her most recent performances uninspiring. It is the same old setlist and gowns, which shows me she is tired. I know others will come to her defense by saying she is still selling out with this show and is appealing to the public by performing this same show. Although I can't help but think of the Diana Ross who was an artist, who incorporated fresh ideas, creativity and high standards in regards to music and visuals in her shows. These performances no longer reflect that, unfortunately. It is the reason why I have made the choice to stop seeing her shows. I don't want to remember her as an oldies performer. Her legacy is much more than that and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.
    Last edited by helga; 03-19-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helga View Post
    I hate to say this, as I am a Diana Ross fan myself, however I have been finding her most recent performances uninspiring. It is the same old setlist and gowns, which shows me she is tired. I know others will come to her defense by saying she is still selling out with this show and is appealing to the public by performing this same show. Although I can't help but think of the Diana Ross who was an artist, who incorporated fresh ideas, creativity and high standards in regards to music and visuals in her shows. These performances no longer reflect that, unfortunately. It is the reason why I have made the choice to stop seeing her shows. I don't want to remember her as an oldies performer. Her legacy is much more than that and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.
    I agree helga. I would not attend a Diana Ross concert these days. She is merely going through the motions and at her age who can blame her? We fans have lots of great memories and if this is the way Diana wants to play out the final phase of her career then good luck to her. She obviously still loves performing otherwise she would no longer do it, but for me the magic has gone, but i will love he forever and always be grateful for her being a part of my life both professionally and privately.

Her voice is not very good. However, people that criticize and laugh at Martha Reeves need to take a look here. They do not do that to Diana Ross for some reason. It is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Jack020 you are an honest person and I respect that. However, you may be jumped on and called "a moron" by Bluebrock who did that to me. He is a LIAR and a deceiver. He is the type of person that is partially responsible for Diana Ross being in the condition you see in the film today. He professes to be a big sensitive fan of hers and tells everyone that she is just perfect as she is. It's people like him that tells her that. They lie to her, they deceive her into believing that she is perfect, that she has no problems and the public loves how she is looking and sounding. Now if Diana has a heart attack and dies from carrying all that excessive weight they will pretend to be in mourning deeper than her own kin. That is what makes "people" like Bluebrock dangerous. They were the type enabled Michael Jackson to death. They are aided by their "shadowy" friends that work only on behalf of Satan such as Roberta75 using scripture to cover up their dirty work and evil deeds and black plagued hearts!

How do I know this? I saw him try to do something similar with me. I despise him!
    Last edited by marv2; 03-19-2016 at 10:27 AM. Reason: ChangedBlueblock to Bluebrock

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jack020 you are an honest person and I respect that. However, you may be jumped on and called "a moron" by Bluebrock who did that to me. He is a LIAR and a deceiver. He is the type of person that is partially responsible for Diana Ross being in the condition you see in the film today. He professes to be a big sensitive fan of hers and tells everyone that she is just perfect as she is. It's people like him that tells her that. They lie to her, they deceive her into believing that she is perfect, that she has no problems and the public loves how she is looking and sounding. Now if Diana has a heart attack and dies from carrying all that excessive weight they will pretend to be in mourning deeper than her own kin. That is what makes "people" like Bluebrock dangerous. They were the type enabled Michael Jackson to death. They are aided by their "shadowy" friends that work only on behalf of Satan such as Roberta75 using scripture to cover up their dirty work and evil deeds and black plagued hearts!

How do I know this? I saw him try to do something similar with me. I despise him!
    I am almost lost for words after reading this, in fact there are no words to describe the drivel you have just spouted. I shall take my place by Satan's side right now as you obviously believe i belong there. I thank the dear Lord that i do not think like you do.

those who don't enjoy Diana Ross shows don't have to go, she'll survive without you..last year, according to Poll Star, her year long box office gross was over 10 million dollars..she'll be fine without whoever doesn't like, and their dislike is not affecting her box office one iota..peace out..
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 03-19-2016 at 11:01 PM.

SMH and laughing at the critic as though he's perfect and never has had a bad day. I haven't seen the video of this performance but I saw Diana in Birmingham last month and she was fabulous. For someone you loathe, you spend a LOT of time posting about her.

Ain't nothing like SUPREME LOVE.

cinDy scherrIe mAry floreNce jEan/jeAn [[Diane/Diana)

I think many times "we" have set our focus on the wrong thing. To be succinct about it Miss Ross is a self described "performer" NOT a model. One of the many things that have inspired me about her is the concept that if you really really REALLY love what you do you can't let "no wind, no rain" keep you from doing whatever that thing is. I was a kid when I first saw her...took me years to put it in words but I finally realized what drew me to her is that she obviously was having a BLAST performing. Found out she also REALLY enjoys being creative and original with her hair. She also has nice taste in fashion but that's apparently NOT her main focus.

Just watched you tube videos about another legend [[yes, Diana Ross is a legend and no matter what "we" say or do that cannot be changed so "we" should get over it and move on with "our" lives) After one or two mastectomies and a major stroke Bette Davis continued to walk onto lots of stages to minutes long thunderous STANDING OVATIONS. Looking vastly different than at the beginning of her career she was still having a BLAST with her craft. Miss Ross has many years and miles to go before that stage of her life but the principle is the same.

For a lifetime of inspiration on a multitude of levels I am eternally grateful to Diana Ross. whether she weighs 98 or 198 pounds [[I personally do not care). She made me believe in magic.
    Last edited by LuvHangOva; 03-22-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHangOva View Post
    I think many times "we" have set our focus on the wrong thing. To be succinct about it Miss Ross is a self described "performer" NOT a model. One of the many things that have inspired me about her is the concept that if you really really REALLY love what you do you can't let "no wind, no rain" keep you from doing whatever that thing is. I was a kid when I first saw her...took me years to put it in words but I finally realized what drew me to her is that she obviously was having a BLAST performing. Found out she also REALLY enjoys being creative and original with her hair. She also has nice taste in fashion but that's apparently NOT her main focus.

Just watched you tube videos about another legend [[yes, Diana Ross is a legend and no matter what "we" say or do that cannot be changed so "we" should get over it and move on with "our" lives) After one or two mastectomies and a major stroke Bette Davis continued to walk onto lots of stages to minutes long thunderous STANDING OVATIONS. Looking vastly different than at the beginning of her career she was still having a BLAST with her craft. Miss Ross has many years and miles to go before that stage of her life but the principle is the same.

For a lifetime of inspiration on a multitude of levels I am eternally to Diana Ross. whether she weighs 98 or 198 pounds [[I personally do not care). She made me believe in magic.
    Great post LuvHangOva [[great name by the way). This lady has and will remain an inspiration to many people and nothing that her critics spout will EVER change that. Amen.

I just came on here to say I'll always love Diana Ross.

This is a lovely photo of Diane Ross in Florida last month that a friend send me. She looks real happy and healthy contrarry to what some are claiming.

Enjoy.

Roberta

I knew when I saw this posted that she would sound bad, look bad or act bad. She does sound bad. I saw her in Nashville two nights in a row a week before orlando and she sounded beautiful, looked beautiful and was beautiful. It was a strange gig in that so many elites in tuxes were there with million dollar wives on their arms. Both audiences were mesmerized and cheered long and loudly. Maybe she had a cold in Orlando, maybe it was cold and it effected her voice since it was outdoors, maybe she has good and bad nights now and then. I've seen Aretha, Gladys, Martha, Natalie, Dionne all on off nights. Those of you at Mary's opening night in Branson know her voice was rough yet sounded perfect the next night. She told us that she was glad the audience was so light because she couldn't get her voice to work correctly. I loved her regardless. To pick at women in their 70's who have worked for over 5 decades seems petty and small to me. To ENJOY doing such is, among other things, sad. Enjoy our Divas while we have them!!

.......................Amen!.................

^^ Agreed, because one day, many of them will pass away... cherish the artists still around while they're still able to smell the roses.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    This is a lovely photo of Diane Ross in Florida last month that a friend send me. She looks real happy and healthy contrarry to what some are claiming.

Enjoy.

Roberta
    Thank you for posting this most lovely photo, Roberta. In fact, I intend to set this as my screen saver and will have my nephew help me set it up. My only reservation is that I do not believe this photo is recent, it looks to be from 2010 or 2011, as she has not worn this gown in quite some time and no longer travels with the multiple horn players seen in the background. Only the one sax player now tours with her on select dates. It's too bad because I enjoyed the horny show. lol.