[REMOVE ADS]

Marvin Gaye reissue is 'Album Of The Week' on BBC Radio 2 from Feb 27th!

Each week BBC Radio 2 picks a new release as 'Album Of The Week' to feature all across its programmes. From Feb 27th it's Marvin's reisssued album collection '1961--1965'! A curious choice, especially as it's been out for a while, but a nice surprise.

It is a quiet time for new releases and it is not unusual for radio 2 to pick a left fielder such as this at this time of year.
    As you say it is a nice surprise and can only help to boost sales.

The UK always appreciated Marvin's '60s work better than we have...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    The UK always appreciated Marvin's '60s work better than we have...
    Judging by the number of the vintage artists that come over here to perform. it's not just Marvin that we appreciate more. That is a shame for those artists - they would dearly love to be more appreciated by their home audiences.

^ That is true. I mean the UK just took a lot of Motown/soul artists more seriously than us...

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    ^ That is true. I mean the UK just took a lot of Motown/soul artists more seriously than us...
    But why was that the case? I am in agreement with you but cannot settle upon a reason. Martha all but lived over here for the majority of 2015 and plans a return later this year. Syreeta was perhaps more revered in the UK, but it still puzzles me why the American public [[or at least much of it) lost the love for Motown. Was it down to radio or just that new artists replaced the older artists in the publics affections?