[REMOVE ADS]

Bowie's son takes aim at gaga

To me, the tribute seemed like a bad Elvis type impersonation
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...bute/80448424/

Well this seems to be the year of everyone speaking their minds.

I have only seen a few clips but it looked to me that Gaga did a decent job. Bearing in mind Bowie only passed away mid January it gave the organisers little time to agree deals with performers, and in turn gave the performers little time to rehearse. I intend to watch the whole performance before commenting further.

In my opinion, it was overly glam, but so was Bowie. I thought that it was respectfully done and wonder what would have made his son happy. I imagine the bereaved has a wide range of expectations but to make personal attacks against someone who clearly revered his dad seems unseemly to me.

Performers at any of these televised, multi act events get a rehearsal time slotted and perhaps a sound check run through. The little time to rehearse comment can never apply to one of these shows or events.

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    Performers at any of these televised, multi act events get a rehearsal time slotted and perhaps a sound check run through. The little time to rehearse comment can never apply to one of these shows or events.
    I thought Lady Gaga did a real nice tribute to Bowie. I guess his son had different expectations so Im sorry hes upset.i loved her.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    In my opinion, it was overly glam, but so was Bowie. I thought that it was respectfully done and wonder what would have made his son happy. I imagine the bereaved has a wide range of expectations but to make personal attacks against someone who clearly revered his dad seems unseemly to me.
    Very Nicely said Jerry. IM in complete agreement.

Fondly,

Roberta

All he said apparently is the definition of gaga. Not a big deal to me.

My brother, a BIG Bowie fan, had some very nasty things to say about Nile Rodgers, who aparently put the thing together.

Why? Because your brother didn't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug-Morgan View Post
    My brother, a BIG Bowie fan, had some very nasty things to say about Nile Rodgers, who aparently put the thing together.
    So, Natalie Cole's family and fans are unhappy with the lack of tribute and some of David Bowie's family and fans are dissatisfied with the quality of his. Classic lose-lose scenario.

So, Natalie Cole's family and fans are unhappy with the lack of tribute and some of David Bowie's family and fans are dissatisfied with the quality of his. Classic lose-lose scenario.
    I think it's about time the Grammy Awards called it a day. They don't even give out many awards during the telecast. Most even refer to the show as just "The Grammys" now. Television networks need to devise more weekly live music programs as in the old days so not to have to try to cram everyone in popular music in on one annual program. That concept is dead and becoming less and less popular.

Maybe, Marv. To me, out would be better to have smaller token recognition of everybody than to leave somebody out who was equally deserving. Then, they could broadcast the presentation of awards.

Maybe, Marv. To me, out would be better to have smaller token recognition of everybody than to leave somebody out who was equally deserving. Then, they could broadcast the presentation of awards.
    That would work for me, but as it stands now, I've lost interest.

Me too. I'm not as interested in who wins as I am in who was nominated. Without knowing who picks the winners and why, it's all subjective and might as well have been decided by the members of SDF.

A lot of people here may have stop watching the Grammys but this year's show was a ratings winner with 24 million American household tuning in.