[REMOVE ADS]

Nobody else is interested in Ronnie. WOW

Hi crosstown yes I have been looking on Amazon UK for this release and its not up yet I recently attended her Ronnie sings the Ronnettes UK tour which was significantly better than the previous time I saw Ms Spector!! I really hope that this English Heart is a success and she comes back to the UK to promote it

Dickiemint

Would you believe that she is. She's at the Shepherd Bush Empire

Is it just the one date so far , I won't be able to make that date unfortunately if you go crosstown I want a full review !!! Any UK dates for the Velvelettes for 2016 planned?

The new album concept and track selection looks very promising. Fingers crossed the production and arrangements sound good. I've heard the single 'I'd Much Rather Be With The Girls' and it's not bad. Hopefully it'll grow on me and the other more familiar tracks will be even better.

English Heart is up for pre order on Amazon UK £11.97 release date April 8th Hope Ronnie Spector gets support for her new material

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    Is it just the one date so far , I won't be able to make that date unfortunately if you go crosstown I want a full review !!! Any UK dates for the Velvelettes for 2016 planned?
    I wish, I wish...and I'm trying hard......and I'm hopeful....

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    The new album concept and track selection looks very promising. Fingers crossed the production and arrangements sound good. I've heard the single 'I'd Much Rather Be With The Girls' and it's not bad. Hopefully it'll grow on me and the other more familiar tracks will be even better.
    I heard a snippet of Dont Let The Sun Catch You Crying ..which I have to say has sold me on buying the new release immediately.

wonder where she got the idea for the concept?

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    wonder where she got the idea for the concept?
    I am sure you are aware how us Brits are in awe of some of our vintage artists. The album concept has been described as a tribute/acknowledgement/dedication to all things British. Ronnie's association with the UK has lasted over 50 years and long may it continue.

On an informal level, I have heard some of my British mates suggest to Ronnie that she tackle certain songs that are already well known and I can only suppose the idea went from there.

I saw Ronnie at a concert hall in Islington in December. The place was packed and I struggled to get a decent ticket some 6 months in advance. I fully expect that to happen at the Islington Assembly Hall when Bettye is there on March 19 but I'm "alright Jack" because I already have my ticket!

I was being sarcastic, since Bettye recorded her grammy nominated Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook album in 2010.

BTW, Islington Hall show is being moved to Nells Jazz & Blues Club.

Quote Originally Posted by imnokid View Post
    I was being sarcastic, since Bettye recorded her grammy nominated Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook album in 2010.

BTW, Islington Hall show is being moved to Nells Jazz & Blues Club.

I've not heard anything about a change of club. That's a bit of a move from Central London to West London...not even a bus ride.

And it's still being advertised at Islington Assembly Hall

https://eventbox.fm/venue/islington-...-lavette-48r7w

What gives...

http://www.islington.gov.uk/assembly...ive-music.aspx

When you click on Bettye....the venue changes!!

SEE who issued the tickets were not initially aware of any change but after I sat waiting for them to contact the event manager, they did agree.

So folks the venue is no longer at Islington it's near Earls Court.

Nedra Talley Ross of the Ronettes' mother, Susan Talley, passed over the weekend. She was the sister of Ronnie and Estelle's mother, Beatrice Bennett.

I booked to see Ronnie at Shepherds Bush Empire in May 2016.

I gotta stand....I'll have to get myself one of those walking sticks with a seat

My copy is on its way from Amazon UK. Hope it's a good CD I never had the one with the DVD of interviews I didn't know if it was worth the extra if anyone bought it let us know what is on it

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I heard a snippet of Dont Let The Sun Catch You Crying ..which I have to say has sold me on buying the new release immediately.
    The entire album can also be streamed on Youtube now [[officially from the record label). I also love "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying", I have been listening to it on repeat today, what a beautiful interpretation by Ms. Spector. I will also be getting this album.

I'll Follow the Sun is also a great song. The production on this LP is marvelous. I like the stripped down acoustic songs the most, as it really suits Ronnie's mature voice.

Just seeing this now...WOW! Definitely getting myself a copy of this!!

Here is an interview with Ronnie for the new album, featured on Amazon. Not sure if this is also on the DVD?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01E9M...ronnie+spector

This is excellent. Its on my top ten for 2016