I was curious to what everyone thought of Diana's album Baby ITs Me.
this was my second Ross album and I have been hooked ever since.
I was about 17 when this was released and I remember being a bit ticked that it took so long for it's release as it seemed that it took a year and half between albums and finally the album was released and Motown dropped the ball.
I thought it was one of her best albums and it seemed that there was something for everyone. a few of the tracks even sounded like the supremes. also I noticed that Diana wasn't very visible during this time frame and ,if and when she did, she wound sing Lady Is a Tramp or Aint No Bodys Biz instead of promoting her own material. I think that cost her in record sales and with the supremes they always performed their new singles. in her solo years she hasn't always done the same.
the deluxe edition is great and I have been amazed at the out takes especially ROOM FOR TWO, COUNTRY JOHN. not sure what two songs I would replace them with but I think both songs are great and I would have included them. it also makes me wonder why Motown would release Ross 78 with older tracks that were already released but leave gems in the vaults.