[REMOVE ADS]

The Boss in Birmingham ALA

What a show!!! Though it was the same show, I enjoyed it better this year. For one thing, I was sitting in the 7th row, center. Ross looked marvelous and was in great voice. The band was on. They were so lively. Michael, the guitarist, was quite entertaining. For years, I thought he was Sheldon Reynolds of EWF fame. The percussionist, didn't get his name, was fun to watch. Besides Diana, Lamont, a background singer, was a pleasure to watch. He was the Ross of the group, while Valerie was sultry and sexy. I'll say she was the Mary of the group and Fred wasn't as lively. He was the quiet one in the group, the Flo or Cindy of the trio. That's how I looked at them. I had a ball. Not sure if it was a sellout but it was very crowded. Ross brought a 7 year old girl to the stage to dance with her as she sang "I Will Survive". Afterwards, she came back out to speak with the audience, thanking us and to advise that she used to come to Bessemer back in the day. Some were surprised when she said that.
    However, the highlight of the show was Rhonda Ross-Kendrick[[s). What a voice and what a performance! She came out accapello [[sp) singing "Killing Me Softly". She also incorporated a few of her original songs with "Best Of My Love" and "As". Rhonda was dynamite. Didn't realize she had such a gift.
    The drive to Birmingham from Atlanta was as enjoyable. Looking forward to the next show but please drop "Upside Down", "Why Do Fools" and "I Will Survive" from the set. I loathe those songs. I have pictures, will try to upload later.
    Last edited by Ryon6; 02-12-2016 at 05:31 AM.