[REMOVE ADS]

Albert Bailey.....Faith, Hope and Charity

http://am.viwebs.com/cast.php

This is one of the first blips of recent information I've ever seen on Albert Bailey of Faith, Hope and Charity, even though it's 2003. Diane Destry passed away and Brenda Hilliard was in a girl group in the late 80's, I think. Zulema has also passed away.
    Last edited by blueskies; 02-11-2016 at 08:58 PM.

You scared me, blueskies! I feared that I was gonna open your thread to learn that Albert Bailey had died. Thankfully, that wasn't the case! You're right, there have been precious few articles written about Faith, Hope & Charity over the years, considering they were Van McCoy's main group who provided gorgeous back-up vocals on Van's own albums as well as his 1970's productions on countless other artists in addition to 5 Van-produced albums of their own. They deserved to be far more successful on the pop/soul charts than they were. Faith, Hope & Charity were to Van McCoy what The Andantes were to Motown -- their back-up vocal blend instantly recognizable and an integral part of "the sound".
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 02-11-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philles/Motown Gary View Post
    You scared me, blueskies! I feared that I was gonna open your thread to learn that Albert Bailey had died. Thankfully, that wasn't the case! You're right, there have been precious few articles written about Faith, Hope & Charity over the years, considering they were Van McCoy's main group who provided gorgeous back-up vocals on Van's own albums as well as his 1970's productions on countless other artists in addition to 5 Van-produced albums of their own. They deserved to be far more successful on the pop/soul charts than they were. Faith, Hope & Charity were to Van McCoy what The Andantes were to Motown -- their back-up vocal blend instantly recognizable and an integral part of "the sound".
    Sorry to scare you, Gary! I could have worded that better. I was so disappointed that when they re-released 2 of Faith, Hope and Charity CD's in the last couple of years there was NO recent interviews with them on the CD liner notes. I think what was included was something from 1975! I can't imagine they couldn't track down Albert or Brenda for an update, which would have been welcome. Oh well. I saw Faith, Hope and Charity open for the new Supremes when Jean Terrell took lead. Wow....they about brought the house down with "So Much Love". They were fantastic on stage....great choreography and their vocals were spot on. Wonderful memories from a by-gone era.
    The below is a group Brenda Hilliard was in after FHC. This was from an old posting I made about Brenda. I have no info. on her after this group.
    http://musicrareobscure.blogspot.com...ica-girls.html
    Last edited by blueskies; 02-12-2016 at 11:20 AM.