[REMOVE ADS]

Gordon Staples - Strung Out

This was a bit of a strange release in 2009 from Reel Music, a label that showed great promise. I've often wondered why Gordon Staples "Strung Out" and not, say, Joe Harnell's "Moving On" or Choker Campbell's "Hits of the Sixties" or even the Impact of Brass "Down at the Brass Works".

What is remarkable is that on Amazon UK, asking prices range from £24.99 for a used copy up to £358.77. They can not be serious!

Attachment 11090

That's a good question, mysterysinger. I bought all of the Motown albums mentioned above at the time of their original release, and, although they weren't something that I played often, I found them all to be quite pleasant, and I was glad to have them in my Motown collection. I also bought the Gordon Staples "Strung Out" CD upon its release.

I agree -- Reel Music started out as a great label for reissues, then, without warning, they disappeared into thin air. I, too, have always wondered what happened.

As far as the exorbitant price listed above is concerned, it's the same old story. Once a CD title goes out of print, the price gougers come out in full force. The law of supply and demand -- and greed -- take over whether we like it or not, and, well.... there ya are!
    - Gary
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 02-11-2016 at 01:44 AM.