[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross, Supremes Songs released on Vinyl, not yet released Digitally.

A big project that I am working on is trying to put all my Diana Ross, Supremes CD's on my computer as I will be using a new server to play the cd's through my stereo system rather than having to pull out the cd's every time I want to hear something. The same program will also be used to download stuff to my iPhone/iPods for listening in the car and on the go. Am loading everything in AIFF format for playing on the stereo and the program will then load in smaller files for the iPods.

I'm also putting everything that has been released on cd that i have so that i can also eventually compare versions and different remasters to come up with the ultimate playlists of all their recorded material.

In doing this, i'm trying to come up with a list of what has NOT been released digitally. The list so far is:

• GIT on Broadway
    • Motown At The Hollywood Palace
    • Mary Wilson

If they don't come out on CD soon or as a Download, may have rip directly from the Vinyl.

Questions for that list:
    • There's one other compilation that came out in 1983 called Motown Superstars Sing Motown Superstars. That contained For Once In My Life by Diana Ross. Has this song ever come out on a CD ?

• Is there anything else that I've forgotten ? Haven't completely delved into 12" singles, cassette singles, etc. for stuff not on cd yet either.

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Questions for that list:
    • There's one other compilation that came out in 1983 called Motown Superstars Sing Motown Superstars. That contained For Once In My Life by Diana Ross. Has this song ever come out on a CD ?
    I don't know if that has come out on cd but I have mp3 tracks from a vinyl rip of it. If you find yourself resorting to that, let me know.

Very Interresting question I bet you are right that Diana's FOR ONCE N MY LIFE has never come out on CD unless it was some European compilation. Odd!!??!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti2IUiJ5iVg

Speaking of that song… Does anyone know what time period that she recorded For Once In My Life ?

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Speaking of that song… Does anyone know what time period that she recorded For Once In My Life ?
    I think it was 1977.

I don't understand why everything has not been re-released digitally by now.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I don't understand why everything has not been re-released digitally by now.
    It's getting there. I think both GIT on Broadway and Motown At The Hollywood Palace might possibly be held up by contracts. Some TV stuff, I believe falls under some things like live albums, which have tighter musicians contracts. Universal did a BIG push last remastering many Motown majors for digital downloads. Probably the next tier of Motown artists are coming next.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I think it was 1977.
    According to the liner notes of the Motown Superstars sing Motown Superstar, Diana's version of For Once In My Life was indeed recorded in 1977, produced by Hal Davis.

Diana's duet version with Stevie Wonder, as well as their version of I'm Gonna Make You Love Me from the Hollywood Palace have been digitally released on the Complete Stevie Wonder and are available on iTunes.