[REMOVE ADS]

15 of the best Motown songs you've likely never heard

Great list of Detroit Free Press. I can't get the link posted but it's worth googling. Led by the Velvelettes A Bird in the Hand...and great bios on the artists listed, up to the present![[Brenda -Just Look What ...etc etc )

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Great list of Detroit Free Press. I can't get the link posted but it's worth googling. Led by the Velvelettes A Bird in the Hand...and great bios on the artists listed, up to the present![[Brenda -Just Look What ...etc etc )
    What day was it in the paper and I will find it and post it for you.

That's a good choice of records, I have to say. In those circumstances, I'm overlooking that statement that the Velvelettes were "relegated to backup singer status" LOLOL

The quality and talent shown by these Motown artists and their recordings represented 'The Sound Of Young America' every bit as much, at the very least, as those other artists and their recordings which became popular.

What an awesome selection. I agree almost cut for cut!!!

There are some great tracks here. I'm sure we could all come up with equally worthy choices of our favourite obscurities.