[REMOVE ADS]

Soupy Sales - Pookie does Motown!

Watch Pookie Get Down! Ralph, remember this show? LOL!

A little more Soupy; a little more fun; and a little bit of Martha & the Vandellas, but of course!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AKw651RQvMg

Thanks to amscentral for this YouTube posting.

Fun idea for a thread, Marv.

Who remembers / knew that Soupy had an album on the Motown label called "A Bag of Soup"? Needless to say, it was not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by mofreaktown View Post
    Who remembers / knew that Soupy had an album on the Motown label called "A Bag of Soup"? Needless to say, it was not very good.
    Yes I knew he was on Motown at one time. I had to chance to finally meet him at LaGuardia Airport just weeks before he died in the Bronx.

I sure do remember, Marv. Great show. As a young musician I was fortunate to do three shows with Soupy. He was such a nice guy and so supportive to a young band. At one of the shows, he had the band follow him into the men's room and play a song while he took a leak. Hard one to top.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I sure do remember, Marv. Great show. As a young musician I was fortunate to do three shows with Soupy. He was such a nice guy and so supportive to a young band. At one of the shows, he had the band follow him into the men's room and play a song while he took a leak. Hard one to top.

What? Ralph, you played on Soupy's show? That is amazing! He was one truly funny guy. I wonder if yours shows with him can be located. I finally got to meet him at the end. He was in a wheel chair but still shook my hand.

I bought Soupy Sales' "A Bag Of Soup" album back when it first came out. As you said, mofreaktown, it wasn't exactly one of Motown's best examples of "The Motown Sound" by any stretch, but I was glad to have it in my Motown collection just the same.

Marv,
    Not the TV show. One show was a Christmas thing at Northern High School. The others I really don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Marv,
    Not the TV show. One show was a Christmas thing at Northern High School. The others I really don't remember.
    Oh ok That still must have been an amazing experience.