[REMOVE ADS]

Ross Nails Nashville With Same Old Songs

After being lured to Nashville with promises of new songs in set list, we we came to Nashville for The Supreme Supreme's Nashiville Symphony debut. No doubt about it the girl still has it as the audience was insane for her set: the same old songs. I'm glad we came and are seeing her in such top form, but if you are hoping for even a scintilla of a change in the show, you will be hard pressed to find it. Several people said it was the same show as last time or words to that effect, but not even a severe tornado warning could keep her fans away. Even the $500.00 seats were full although some empty seats were seen as the symphony processed weather related refunds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A1yMzVOic4

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    After being lured to Nashville with promises of new songs in set list, we we came to Nashville for The Supreme Supreme's Nashiville Symphony debut. No doubt about it the girl still has it as the audience was insane for her set: the same old songs. I'm glad we came and are seeing her in such top form, but if you are hoping for even a scintilla of a change in the show, you will be hard pressed to find it. Several people said it was the same show as last time or words to that effect, but not even a severe tornado warning could keep her fans away. Even the $500.00 seats were full although some empty seats were seen as the symphony processed weather related refunds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A1yMzVOic4
    Well she sure sounds great in that clip and she keep selling out all over the country without doing a lick of publicity do Diane Ross is doing something right. Isnt Endless love a new addition? Concerts arent for fans that go to every show as they only make up about 1 or 2% of any audiences. Conccerts are for the causual fan whos looking for the hits and nostalgia.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Roberta

Endless Love is in and out but usually out. The highlight last night was If We Hold On Together. She sounded like 30 years ago. I was wondering if it wasn't live until she corrected a mistake. Because of the demand for tickets, they sold the seats behind the stage that usually only open for orchestral music programs without a performer. She graciously sang part of If We Hold On to them.

As for the set list, you are absolutely correct. Last night, repeat offenders weren't even 1-2% that I could tell. However there were people asking about waiting list tickets for tonight. I still think she could change out the songs with no ill effects.

It would be nice if she could switch it up for those of us who have seen the show a number of times. Maybe sing some different Supremes songs or a different number from LADY. But in the end, it doesn't really matter to me. I'll be there regardless.

Tonight's NaShville show was shorter but her performance was even better. Again the highlight was Land Before Time and again it sounded soooooo wonderful. Tonight she skipped Touch Me In The Morning, It's My House and Lady Sings The Blues [[again) . Look Of Love was gone also and maybe it has been retired. The not toally sold out audience thought the house lights at 9:08 meant intermission and not time to get your valet parking ticket out. Several comments were that they had never seen such a short show of any kind and there was some disappointment but everyone loved her to death. What would make her cut 20 minutes out of her show the second night in the same venue? Doesn't make sense to me and it's not really fair to those getting the shorter show.

But like Reese said, she is one of a kind wonderful and we'll see her in 6 months or longer if the show remains unchanged.

I'm seeing her in Birmingham on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    I'm seeing her in Birmingham on Friday.
    Ryon6, Roberta75 mentioned above that Diana's shows are not promoted, of which I wasn't aware. If that's true, how did you find out about it? I live near Birmingham. At 7:40 p.m. last Friday night, we read a half-page ad in the Friday edition of The Birmingham News that Diana was gonna be performing at the BJCC at 8:00 p.m. that very night. With only 20 minutes' warning, there was no way we could make it. Talk about a real bummer! Diana was right here in our own back yard and we missed her! It made no sense because the BJCC advertises all the time on TV about musical groups who are coming to perform, yet there had been no mention whatsoever about Diana coning to town. I was just wondering how you found out about it. BTW, how was the show itself? Did Diana have a good turnout?
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 02-09-2016 at 12:52 AM.

......A N D...Motown The Musical is nailin em with the SAME lines and SAME songs nightly while it rakes in a mint......so...