[REMOVE ADS]

Danny DeVito Responds to Oscars Diversity Drama: 'The Entire Country Is a Racist!

Of course Fox News had to weigh in with their jabs......

I get so tired of people suggesting that we need to have a national dialogue about race. When somebody says there is a problem, somebody else shoots them down. What's the point of a "dialogue" if the purveyors of racism don't participate? Faux News is the outfit that brings Black folk on to trash other Black people do they can avoid being tagged as being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I get so tired of people suggesting that we need to have a national dialogue about race. When somebody says there is a problem, somebody else shoots them down. What's the point of a "dialogue" if the purveyors of racism don't participate? Faux News is the outfit that brings Black folk on to trash other Black people do they can avoid being tagged as being racist.
    I was thinking of saying that a dialogue on race should be held in all the churches around the country, but then I remember, not as many people go to church these days as in the past. Making strong laws does not help either. I don't know the answer........yet! I know that it always disturbed me to hear others claim and claim often that racist does not exist in America anymore. I always felt like WTF is that person talking about. We are probably the most racist country on Earth and in the history of mankind!

Here's a great example of just how racist America is. Danny Devito spoke out about racism and because of it, some asshole has thrown together a "memorial" video to him as if he is now dead!

Last edited by marv2; 01-27-2016 at 05:56 PM.

I met Danny Devito way back in 1997 at LeBar Bat in NYC. He is as funny in person as he is on television.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2733113/dan...e-oscar-snubs/

Don't try to involve church. Many churches are extremely racist and there's no way you can influence church teaching beyond having all the pastors agree to address race. You can go to Google and find images of people attending church in klan hoods. Not just that, but one of the Aryan nation's heartfelt beliefs is that the Christian God holds white people in greater regard than others.

Don't try to involve church. Many churches are extremely racist and there's no way you can influence church teaching beyond having all the pastors agree to address race. You can go to Google and find images of people attending church in klan hoods. Not just that, but one of the Aryan nation's heartfelt beliefs is that the Christian God holds white people in greater regard than others.

I totally understand Jerry. Maybe the Super Bowl Half Time Show should be the outlet.

We are always going to deal with it. The new movie, "Race", about Jesss Owens makes me consider how this great man made the entire country proud during the Olympics yet was reduced to sprinting against racehorses to make a living after he came home. To borrow a phrase I heard in a show about Viet Nam that I saw years ago, "do you know how hard it is to pledge allegiance to a country that never pledged allegiance to me"? That line has always resonated with me.

We are always going to deal with it. The new movie, "Race", about Jesss Owens makes me consider how this great man made the entire country proud during the Olympics yet was reduced to sprinting against racehorses to make a living after he came home. To borrow a phrase I heard in a show about Viet Nam that I saw years ago, "do you know how hard it is to pledge allegiance to a country that never pledged allegiance to me"? That line has always resonated with me.
    We may always have to deal with it and we will always fight it! This country has severe problems and we are going to find a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I was thinking of saying that a dialogue on race should be held in all the churches around the country, but then I remember, not as many people go to church these days as in the past.
    What's the point when church is still the most segregated institution in the U.S.? All you're gonna do is preach to the choir.

Well, we still need a dialogue. And, most - and i'm going to say it - White people participate alright. they shout down Black people and call them the racists for bringing it up. They have a whole system of shooting down the argument so they don't think about race.

Do you know why they don't want Ted Cruz as the republican nominee? Because they would have to deal with their belief that President Obama isn't a legitimate president because they think he wasn't born in this country. Not a single republican really wants to open that door. They'll allow Donald Trump to talk about it because he's..well..Trump. But they don't really want to go there.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-28-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    What's the point when church is still the most segregated institution in the U.S.? All you're gonna do is preach to the choir.

Well, we still need a dialogue. And, most - and i'm going to say it - White people participate alright. they shout down Black people and call them the racists for bringing it up. They have a whole system of shooting down the argument so they don't have to answer to it or even think about it. Do you know why they don't want Ted Cruz as the republican nominee? Because they would have to deal with their belief that President Obama a legitimate president because they think he wasn't born in this country. Not a single republican really wants to open that door. They'll allow Donald Trump to talk about it because he's..well..Trump. But they don't really want to go there.
    Obama was born in the United States................Cruz was not!

Obama was born in the United States................Cruz was not!
    First, I had to fix my post because I found a couple of typos.

Second, to answer your post: We know that. but, the vast majority of republicans think Obama wasn't born here. So, if they believe that Pres. Obama was born in Kenya and isn't qualifies to be POTUS, they have to believe Cruz isn't qualified. But, they like Cruz because he panders to the religious nuts and is White. All it would do is expose their racism that they don't want to confront.

More proof that we have moved beyond racism in America [[sarcasm intended):

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news...d_collage.html

A student at Desert Valley High School in Arizona who was in a now viral photo of six students spelling out the n-word with their lettered shirts has publicly apologized for her part in the fiasco, the Arizona Republic reports.

About 50 people showed up outside the high school Monday afternoon to protest the slur, which was posted to Snapchat and drew national ire. Rachel Steigerwald [[who was the "R" in the photo) nudged her way to the center of the group and apologized, insisting that she was not racist.

"I have come here to say that I know people have been offended from what I did, and I've come here to say I am incredibly, incredibly sorry," she said, according to the news site. "I have love for everyone in my heart. I am not a racist, and I am asking everyone for forgiveness."

The Rev. Jarrett Maupin, who organized the protest outside the Phoenix-area school, contacted all six students who posed in the photo and their families through letters and social media. The Steigerwalds answered and Rachel's father, John, agreed that she could speak at the rally.

This all started last Friday, when seniors at the school were posing on the bleachers for their senior photo. Six girls, Rachel included, all wearing black shirts with gold lettering, rearranged themselves to spell out the word "n--ger.” The two g's in the word were subbed out with asterisks.

On Monday the school principal initiated a sensitivity project and a cultural-awareness program and also urged students to converse about the issue. After Rachel spoke, some protesters thanked her, but tensions still ran high. Eventually, she, her family and Maupin left.

"Sometimes we have to make that first call, even when we're not ready to forgive yet," Maupin told the Arizona Republic. "Intelligent people will accept the apology ... and understand that forgiveness doesn't mean that it's all better."

And some certainly don't think an apology is enough. Since the photo caught the media's attention Friday, a petition has been started to get all six girls expelled and the principal to resign. That petition, on Change.org, had collected more than 40,000 signatures as of 11 a.m. EST Tuesday.

Maupin says that he has been working with civil rights attorney Benjamin Taylor to "present a joint letter to the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights, demanding an investigation and federal oversight for the Tempe Union High School District until Black students can be guaranteed a racism-free learning environment," the Arizona Republic notes.

"This act of intentional racism is inexcusable," Maupin said in a Friday press release. "Black students have been complaining about racial hostility directed towards them on this campus for some time."

As for the school itself, it has denounced the action as unacceptable but school officials have declined to state what kind of punishments the girls could or would face.

It's a big joke for people like them. And then they cry and swear that they're not racist when it comes back on them. Being the only person of color in a large crowd becomes extremely stressful when somebody busts out with this bullshit. What can you really do about it? If you start an argument, you're more likely to get punished for not ignoring it than they are for starting it.

So,what's the answer???...there is none people, we would have to live in an etopian society to have the kind of harmony most want...request denied,etopia ain't happinin...live your live-pay your taxes-watch your back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    So,what's the answer???...there is none people, we would have to live in an etopian society to have the kind of harmony most want...request denied,etopia ain't happinin...live your live-pay your taxes-watch your back!!!
    It is not like racism is something that is chronic and cannot be helped from occurring in society. It is not like it is a disease people are born with. It is a disease or a form of a set of beliefs that are taught to some not long after birth. I've seen children play together for hours happily and peacefully. They were of various racial and ethnic backgrounds. If you could follow up with those same children 20-25 years later, you will see that a certain amount of them will have some identifiable racial attitudes. That is how this shit survives in America decade after decade. They want us to lie to ourselves and to each other and pretend that it does not exist. The big question is WHY?
    Last edited by marv2; 01-28-2016 at 05:13 PM.

More proof that we have moved beyond racism in America [[sarcasm intended):

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news...d_collage.html
    Oh yeah! This is right in my backyard, too! I've been keeping up on this story for a few days now. This school is in an upper-income area Ahwatukee, but, still, you have a LOT of racists around here.

I recall someone on this forum a long time ago trying to take me to task for me saying that there was a lot of racism in Phoenix. They tried to say that they visited a couple of times and they never encountered it. Well, i'm there, and I know better!

It's a big joke for people like them. And then they cry and swear that they're not racist when it comes back on them. Being the only person of color in a large crowd becomes extremely stressful when somebody busts out with this bullshit.
    And when you try to speak up about it, they say you're playing the race card and call you the racist.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-28-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Oh yeah! This is right in my backyard, too! I've been keeping up on this story for a few days now. This school is in an upper-income area Ahwatukee, but, still, you have a LOT of racists around here.

I recall someone on this forum a long time ago trying to take me to task for me saying that there was a lot of racism in Phoenix. They tried to say that they visited a couple of times and they never encountered it. Well, i'm there, and I know better!

And when you try to speak up about it, they say you're playing the race card and call you the racist.

It sounds like a severe case of "I want to harm you, but I want you to shut about it".

The big question is WHY?
    Like everything else, it comes down to money and control. Racists don't want to have a level playing field. Especially with ethnic demographics working against them. Most of society's problems would be solved if there was no poverty. Economically, however, money is devalued when everybody has it. So there has to be poor people for the rich to thrive. And since Black folks have been at the bottom of the economic ladder, it's easier to keep us there than to find a new class to hold down.

Like everything else, it comes down to money and control. Racists don't want to have a level playing field. Especially with ethnic demographics working against them. Most of society's problems would be solved if there was no poverty. Economically, however, money is devalued when everybody has it. So there has to be poor people for the rich to thrive. And since Black folks have been at the bottom of the economic ladder, it's easier to keep us there than to find a new class to hold down.
    It is a bad situation any way you look at it.

That's true. If it's any consolation, if they got rid of all of the Black people, they'd turn on the Hispanics, then the Asians, then the fat ones, then the short ones, then the tall ones, the brown eyed ones, happy ones, the smart ones, and then the ones without guns. Then they'd have to draw lots to figure out who to hate.

That's true. If it's any consolation, if they got rid of all of the Black people, they'd turn on the Hispanics, then the Asians, then the fat ones, then the short ones, then the tall ones, the brown eyed ones, happy ones, the smart ones, and then the ones without guns. Then they'd have to draw lots to figure out who to hate.
    Youl eft out the Muslims! Don't ever slip like that again! LOL!

It is still hard for me to understand even at my age. I just can't hate people for no reason.

Youl eft out the Muslims! Don't ever slip like that again! LOL!
    I did, I did. And Jews and the Amish. And how could I forget gays? I can't say atheists because those so-called Christians are actually godless, so they'll leave the avowed godless alone. But they'll get rid of Presbyterians and Methodists for marrying gays, though.

I did, I did. And Jews and the Amish. And how could I forget gays? I can't say atheists because those so-called Christians are actually godless, so they'll leave the avowed godless alone. But they'll get rid of Presbyterians and Methodists for marrying gays, though.
    Did you mean to include the handicapped and crippled children?

What about the cashiers at Krogers? I mean if your going hate and get rid of all the people you hate, you may as well make it a clean sweep.......LOL!

Of course I should have included them, too. I didn't add the cockeyed or the girls with the little boobs, but they're on the list. I swear, if they didn't hate us, they'd find somebody else and it would be for something that seems so simple.

Like the color of our skin.

Do you remember that episode of "The Jeffersons" when the racist was leading a rally in George and Weezy's condo meeting room? He was really nasty and got so worked up, he gave himself a heart attack. George was the only one present who knew CPR and the man's son begged him to save his father, which George didn't want to do, but did. When the EMTs arrived, they put him on a gurney and his son told him George saved his life.

"Him?" the man asked, pointing to George.
    "Yes, Dad," the boy answered.
    "You should have let me die," was the last thing he said before they took him away.

And that's how pointless racism is.

Here is a great example of how racism can backfire and kill:

https://news.vice.com/article/heroin...dy-is-sure-why

I saw that. I've been wondering [[without really wondering) why they seem to be much more concerned with horse in the affluent areas of town than they ever seemed to care about crack in the ghetto.

Click this link and read about how stupid racist people really are. This lady pulled a pistol on a brother who asked her for a cigarette and can't imagine why she was arrested. Had she shot him, she would have gotten away with it because it would have been her word against that of a dead man as to why she pulled the trigger.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/tenn...-10-feet-away/

I saw that. I've been wondering [[without really wondering) why they seem to be much more concerned with horse in the affluent areas of town than they ever seemed to care about crack in the ghetto.

Click this link and read about how stupid racist people really are. This lady pulled a pistol on a brother who asked her for a cigarette and can't imagine why she was arrested. Had she shot him, she would have gotten away with it because it would have been her word against that of a dead man as to why she pulled the trigger.
    http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/tenn...-10-feet-away/

I remember that story. That woman went into full, I was afraid, Southern White woman mode when the cops came. She is culturally descendant from Carolyn Bryant, the store owners wife that claimed that Emmitt Till whistled at her later costing him his life!

The cops would have still believed the woman's story had there not been witnesses that spoke up.

If you noticed in the story on heroin, they are taking a totally different approach to the this epidemic than the crack one from the 80s and 90s. They are not mass arresting people or keeping them in prison for decades. They are providing rehab and drugs to prevent overdose deaths. Amazing huh?

They gave up on Blacks. They turned on the Hispanics over a decade ago, but they still want their vote.

Actually, they're appealing for their votes while doing their best to suppress it. I asked a Tea Bagger why they are so eager to deny voting rights when there has been almost no voter fraud in record but not willing to address guns, when there are more than 30 thousand murders every year. His response?

"Because they know that the illegals are going to try to vote in the next few years." Notice how he didn't answer the question. Too much talk radio.

Actually, they're appealing for their votes while doing their best to suppress it. I asked a Tea Bagger why they are so eager to deny voting rights when there has been almost no voter fraud in record but not willing to address guns, when there are more than 30 thousand murders every year. His response?

"Because they know that the illegals are going to try to vote in the next few years." Notice how he didn't answer the question.
    Because he can't. Whenever I ask these idiots tough questions, they just get mad and walk away.