[REMOVE ADS]

Donald Trump's dad was Woody Guthrie's hated Klansman landlord

Woodie Guthrie lived in one of Fred Trump's building for two years, starting in 1950, and was so taken with the KKK-affiliated landlord, who bribed federal officials in exchange for government handouts that he used to build his income property.

Fred Trump maintained a racist "color bar" -- a whites-only policy -- for his property, something that particularly galled Guthrie. Guthrie wrote poems and journal entries expressing his loathing for the elder Trump. Will Kaufman -- Professor of American Literature and Culture at University of Central Lancashire -- unearthed the writing in the Woody Guthrie archives:

For Guthrie, Fred Trump came to personify all the viciousness of the racist codes that continued to put decent housing – both public and private – out of reach for so many of his fellow citizens:

I suppose
    Old Man Trump knows
    Just how much
    Racial Hate
    he stirred up
    In the bloodpot of human hearts
    When he drawed
    That color line
    Here at his
    Eighteen hundred family project ....

And as if to leave no doubt over Trump’s personal culpability in perpetuating black Americans’ status as internal refugees – strangers in their own strange land – Guthrie reworked his signature Dust Bowl ballad “I Ain’t Got No Home” into a blistering broadside against his landlord:

Beach Haven ain’t my home!
    I just cain’t pay this rent!
    My money’s down the drain!
    And my soul is badly bent!
    Beach Haven looks like heaven
    Where no black ones come to roam!
    No, no, no! Old Man Trump!
    Old Beach Haven ain’t my home!

http://boingboing.net/2016/01/22/don...was-woody.html

Oh boy! Watch how the Donald explains his way out of this. It was his Dad, not him! Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh boy! Watch how the Donald explains his way out of this. It was his Dad, not him! Watch.
    If the major news organizations ever pick up the story. Don't count on it. I believe there is a large faction of the media that wants to see Trump win, if for nothing more than that he makes for good ratings.

Since I am not on Facebook or twitter, one of you should be posting this there instead of here. That will get people's attention.

You're right, soulster. I'll be shocked if this gets play in mainstream media. The GOP won't use it because it makes them all look bad and MSM is on Trump's nuts so hard, they don't want to cover this for fear that it will harm the goose that keeps on laying those golden eggs. The sad part of this is in convinced that his poll numbers would increase behind this report.

You know, like I know, that if his dad was like that, he is most likely a chip off the old block.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    You're right, soulster. I'll be shocked if this gets play in mainstream media. The GOP won't use it because it makes them all look bad
    I don't know about that. There is a growing fight [[predicted years ago) in the republiKKKan party. The establishment wants to see Donald Trump and Ted Cruz go away, and the two factions of Trump and Cruz are battling it out. That's what they get for allowing the tea baggers to take over the party in their opposition to President Obama. See, Trump's been going after Cruz for his Canadian birthright, and and Bush because he...well...a losing Bush, but it has just been know that Trump re-tweeted a post from the neo-nazis, who openly support him.

You know, like I know, that if his dad was like that, he is most likely a chip off the old block.
    The Trump son has made a lot of racist comments in the last couple of decades that few people have really called him on.

I have a little theory that Donald Trump is the rising anti-christ. He, himself says he could kill someone and he would still get support.

thanks for this

My Republican "friends/fiends" have sent me 1000 anti Democrat emails.
    It was good to finally sent them 1 back.
    And by the way, I don't like Hilary for president

ejchap

This is most definitely the year that I will be voting for the lesser of many evils.

And if you go back another generation, Trump's grandfather was an immigrant who came here and made the original family fortune from whore houses.

Donald Trump joined his father's real estate company in 1971, and during that time, the company was sued because it refused to rent to Black people. This was in the '70's and in apartment complexes in NY.

Donald Trump was part of the organization then and his father was head of the company. Why didn't Donald Trump -the great dealmaker- deal with and influence his father to change what was already an outdated policy in the seventies?

Either he is not as great a dealmaker as he tells us, or he agreed with his father's company's prejudiced policies.

http://ahtribune.com/us/2016-electio...ather-kkk.html

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    thanks for this

My Republican "friends/fiends" have sent me 1000 anti Democrat emails.
    It was good to finally sent them 1 back.
    And by the way, I don't like Hilary for president

ejchap
    I don't like anybody who's running this time, but I dig some of what Bernie Sanders has to say. God I wish Joe Biden had run. He would have won hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    This is most definitely the year that I will be voting for the lesser of many evils.
    I have a feeling that it won't even be that. It will be a matter of which evil you can tolerate most.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I don't like anybody who's running this time, but I dig some of what Bernie Sanders has to say. God I wish Joe Biden had run. He would have won hands down.
    I wished Joe Biden was in the race as well.

I wonder why Al Gore has not attempted to run again?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    And if you go back another generation, Trump's grandfather was an immigrant who came here and made the original family fortune from whore houses.

Donald Trump joined his father's real estate company in 1971, and during that time, the company was sued because it refused to rent to Black people. This was in the '70's and in apartment complexes in NY.

Donald Trump was part of the organization then and his father was head of the company. Why didn't Donald Trump -the great dealmaker- deal with and influence his father to change what was already an outdated policy in the seventies?

Either he is not as great a dealmaker as he tells us, or he agreed with his father's company's prejudiced policies.

http://ahtribune.com/us/2016-electio...ather-kkk.html
    Are you Tweeting all of this, or just posting it here? Remember: if you want this to become major news, Twitter and Facebook are where you have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I wonder why Al Gore has not attempted to run again?
    He probably figured that he wasn't cut out to compete in a world where cheating is rewarded with the highest office in the free world. I still can't believe the election was stolen the way it was in 2000. And since then, they've been coming up with new and better ways to disenfranchise poor people and minorities.