[REMOVE ADS]

Stacey dash's out of touch views on racism

Stacey Dash is mental.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Stacey Dash is mental.
    You need a brain to be mental. Some of the stuff she says it's the most self-hating venom I've ever heard. She's a waste of flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    You need a brain to be mental. Some of the stuff she says it's the most self-hating venom I've ever heard. She's a waste of flesh.
    It also shows that she is totally ignorant of her history and the history of blacks in America. The reason we have a BET network and a Black History Month is because there was a time where Black people did not exist on television or not represented very much. Black History in American schools was not taught other than a few paragraphs about slavery. She is a dumb stump! [[I cannot say what I really want to say about her.).

One of the problems with Stacy Dash is that she's of a younger generation that never knew the struggle for civil rights. She never knew a world with Jim Crow laws in it. When she sees black and white footage of it in TV documentaries, it may as well be on another planet to her. She probably grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth.

It's interesting how Fox news seeks out those extreme messed-up Black people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about, and makes them regular paid contributors. They find that one negro child and hold them up as examples of "good" n____rs. Sorry for my use of the term, but that is exactly how a lot of Whites feel.

I kind of agree and disagree with both of you. I disagree on the point that she's ignorant to history or the troubles we faced in prior generations. I guarantee she's not. As they showed in the video, she benefited greatly from being on BET, Jet, Ebony, and Source. She lacks self respect and is willing to profit by having a house n***** mentality. She's so over the top that she got suspended for being able to express herself in a professional manner. I wonder if her brother still claims her?

Stacey Dash suspended: Culturally conservative black pundits spark backlash

By Adam Howard
    Fox News contributor Stacey Dash was suspended for two weeks by the network on Monday after claiming President Barack Obama doesn’t “give a s***” about terrorism on air, but this is far from the first time the former “Clueless” star has generated controversy with her conservative rhetoric.

The 48-year-old actress, who emerged as sociopolitical commentator after publicly endorsing the Romney-Ryan presidential ticket in 2012, has criticized women who highlight wage disparity, attacked Oprah Winfrey for linking the death of Trayvon Martin to Emmett Till, defended embattled celebrity cook Paula Deen against accusations of racism, suggested campus rape accusers are often “bad girls” acting “naughty” and claimed African-Americans who support Obama are getting “money for free.”

Dash, alongside “The View” co-host Raven-Symoné and CNN anchor Don Lemon, has become a lightening rod within the African-American community in particular for remarks that could be deemed racially insensitive if they were uttered by a non-black commentator.

“I have long believed that there should be room in the discourse for a cacophony of well-informed voices – no matter where they are ideologically. Black conservatives have always been a part of the social justice discussion,” Goldie Taylor – an editor-at-large for The Daily Beast who has written critically about Lemon in the past – told MSNBC.

“However, I think the expectation is that they come prepared to defend those arguments and not rely on their racial heritage as immunity from certain criticisms. While I always hope for respectful exchange, free speech does not free one for criticism. A rigorous exchange of ideas forwards our work for meaningful solutions and, ultimately, that has to be the goal. Anyone – right or left– who isn’t deeply rooted in our issues and is simply ‘checking for a check’ – should anticipate blowback.”

Meanwhile, Symoné has become the subject of a petition calling for her removal from air after she said she wouldn’t hire someone with a stereotypical black name, defended a Univision anchor who had compared first lady Michelle Obama to an ape and expressed ambiguity over video of a black Spring Valley High School student being manhandled by a police officer in Columbia, South Carolina.

“Raven Symoné has been spouting her ignorant and self-hating spiel on ‘The View’ for long enough … African Americans and black people around the diaspora need a voice representative of their views,” the petition on Change.org reads. It currently has more than 130,000 signatures.

“I think historically black folks have always had a certain level of disdain for people that they feel will throw the rest of black folks under the bus for personal gain,” David A. Wilson, the co-founder and owner of theGrio, an African-American focused news and culture website, told MSNBC. “You can make the case that all of them do that.”
    He also thinks that the incendiary comments of Dash and other culturally conservative African-American TV personalities are “very calculated.”

“I don’t think Stacey Dash was just feeling so upset [about President Obama’s policies] that she just had to drop profanity,” said Wilson.

Lemon is something akin to the dean of the current crop of polarizing black TV personalities. The ostensibly nonpartisan CNN host has been pilloried for backing Fox News host Bill O’Reilly’s shaming of the black community in 2013, following the death of Trayvon Martin. He sparked a bitter backlash when he held up a sign featuring the N-word during an on-air segment on race, and again when he suggested a Bill Cosby accuser could have avoiding her alleged assault by biting the comedian. And he too has been criticized for his reaction to the Spring Valley High video and is the subject of a petition to be removed from air, which has received thousands of cosigners.
    While reporting on the shooting massacre at a historically black church in Charleston, South Carolina, this summer, Lemon was called an “Uncle Tom” on air.

However, Wilson believes that Lemon, Dash and Symoné [[and even presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson) all largely get a pass because “they’re immune to the racist label because they’re black.”

“If you are a Republican or conservative-leaning black person you’re going to be pushed to the front of the line,” Wilson told MSNBC. “Somebody like Don Lemon, I think he realizes ‘my numbers go up every time I say something sort of contrarian.’” He suggests that while Obama is often a favorite target for black attacks from the right, the Black Lives Matter movement may soon usurp him as the prime target of the black conservative counterpoint.

“If I were Stacey Dash and some of these other folks, I would be grateful for the fact that there is a black movement to rail against,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    One of the problems with Stacy Dash is that she's of a younger generation that never knew the struggle for civil rights. She never knew a world with Jim Crow laws in it. When she sees black and white footage of it in TV documentaries, it may as well be on another planet to her. She probably grew up with a silver spoon in her mouth.

It's interesting how Fox news seeks out those extreme messed-up Black people who don't know what the fuck they're talking about, and makes them regular paid contributors. They find that one negro child and hold them up as examples of "good" n____rs. Sorry for my use of the term, but that is exactly how a lot of Whites feel.
    She is not that young. She is 49 years old [[which means she's over 50) and there is no excuse for her being such a dumbass at her age.

I agree with what you said you your last post Jerry. She is aware, she just does not care about the ramifications behind her words to a national audience.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post

Stacey is not that young. In face, she's one year younger than me and I'm getting ready to kick fifty in the back of the ass in a few months. She's completely out of touch with her blackness which is sad because most of her success was in black movies and prior to her becoming so outspoken about being a republican she was featured mostly in black magazines such as Ebony and Jet. She really is just "clueless".