[REMOVE ADS]

There's no place like home...sdf

HI GANG,LET ME SAY HERE AND NOW THAT I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS,BECAUSE YOU PUT UP WITH ME..CAPS AND ALL,NOW BEFORE YOU SAY JAI'S HITTING THE HOOCH AGAIN[HEHE]NOT YET,I JUST CAME FROM A LITTLE SAFARI TO ANOTHER MUSIC SITE AS I DO FROM TIME TO TIME TO SEE IS THERE ANOTHER EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO THIS ONE...H-E-L-L NO,THESE CLOWNS STARTED CORRECTING MY PUNCUATION,AND I WAS WRITING IN SMALL LETTERS[IMAGINE THAT]I TOLD THE MOD THAT HE WAS ACTING LIKE AHIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER AND GOT OUT OF THERE...[maybe I should go back and cuss him out???]NAH I'M GLAD TO BE BACK WITH FAMILY.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    HI GANG,LET ME SAY HERE AND NOW THAT I LOVE ALL YOU GUYS,BECAUSE YOU PUT UP WITH ME..CAPS AND ALL,NOW BEFORE YOU SAY JAI'S HITTING THE HOOCH AGAIN[HEHE]NOT YET,I JUST CAME FROM A LITTLE SAFARI TO ANOTHER MUSIC SITE AS I DO FROM TIME TO TIME TO SEE IS THERE ANOTHER EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO THIS ONE...H-E-L-L NO,THESE CLOWNS STARTED CORRECTING MY PUNCUATION,AND I WAS WRITING IN SMALL LETTERS[IMAGINE THAT]I TOLD THE MOD THAT HE WAS ACTING LIKE AHIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH TEACHER AND GOT OUT OF THERE...[maybe I should go back and cuss him out???]NAH I'M GLAD TO BE BACK WITH FAMILY.
    Good! Now never go away again!

And this place wouldn't be the same without you, arr&bee. I've even gotten used to the fact that you bring elephants to the mix.

Thanks ralph,some of these so-called music sites are too stringent with the rules man,we come to talk about music and have a good time not grammer one oh one heck i thought the principle was gonna come get me,and the sad thing is it had some good music post...it's scary outhere!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    good! Now never go away again!
    marv you would've laid that dude out,hehehe!!!

This place is the best board by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I can even laugh at all the extreme Supreme postings like them arguing which supremist ate the most candy bars on the tour

edafan

Dude, you left the hood to explore the suburbs. No shame in that, I guess. Just remember: you can take a homeboy out of the hood a lot easier than you can take the hood out of the homeboy. Whoops...

I meant to type "there's no place like home". It's those squares' loss IMO.

Jerry my brother,good to hear from you,man i ain't ever leavin da hood again,heck even greasy grady's looks good.

LOL. Coming home is always like:

Would that have been SH.tv? No. Since industry pros read that forum daily, they want to make sure posts look like they are written by sober, intelligent people, and that means proper punctuation, capitalization, proper spelling, and proper sentence structure.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-14-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Sober, intelligent? I might know two folks like that,but not in the same sentence.

Sober, intelligent? I might know two folks like that,but not in the same sentence.
    Just add "humorless" to the list of attributes preferred by injury industry professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Just add "humorless" to the list of attributes preferred by injury industry professionals.
    That's the truth. They are also highly sensitive people. I know. I've talked to many of them. A lot of them are very politically conservative, despite their working in a supposedly "liberal" industry.

But, my main point to arr&bee is that record industry people don't have time for silliness or speculation, or the gossip that typically goes on here. Aside from the fact that record company executives, producers, and engineers read that forum, it's just makes sense to format your posts legibly, as that forum is read by people from literally around the world, many for whom English is not their first language. They can't always decipher the nuances and slang of we native English speakers.

Be coherent when you post. I'm not saying that you have be formal on an informal message board, but just use the basic sentence formatting, punctuation, and capitalization you learned in grade school. It's that simple. People are judged by how they write. If you write with run-on sentences, misspell, and don't use capitalization, people will think that you aren't serious, or are drunk.

Many of the members and moderators on that forum are professionals in various industries where writing is critical. if you write like youre drunk..sippin' that hooch heeeeheeee no one will read your posts and ignore you...you see what im sayin

arr&bee, I recommend you go back to that forum and hang out with us. You have a lot to contribute, and we need more soul lovers there. Just don't write like you're on da hooch, don't type in all caps, and you'll be fine.

But that's what i'm sayin,i was sober and didn't type in caps[which ain't easy]and i was articulate,but some have stick up thier butts.

But that's what i'm sayin,i was sober and didn't type in caps[which ain't easy]and i was articulate,but some have stick up their butts.
    But, you also didn't capitalize or use and punctuation, and the posts were incoherent. I remember it. I recall replying to your post with a question mark because I couldn't make any sense of what you had written.

Gee, Soulster. We get arr&bee just fine here. Could be he is an acquired taste, I'm not sure. Maybe the other board should just lighten up a bit. They might learn to love the guy like we do.

Well, that other place is so huge and diverse that they have to be be that way. Because it's so diverse there they have to ban a lot of topics routinely discussed here. They ban politics, religion, race, drugs, abortion, guns, double-blind testing, economics, and LGBT. You can't use profanity, you can't insult or make disparaging remarks about anyone on the forum, or public figures. You can't bash music or artists you don't like. Yes, the forum is that diverse. They will shut a thread down if they even think a thread will go astray.

They commonly have threads complaining about poor spelling and writing.

Kind of reminds me of elementary school.

Whooooaaa...soulster you were over there???? Ok then you know me well enough to know that even though i type in caps here i'm usually understood as ralph said, and even the stick in the butt mod said he liked the content,which means he u-n-d-e-r-s-t-o-o-d what i wrote....oh well i'm home where i belong.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa....hey wait a minute,soulster how did you know it was me???i used a different name.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa....hey wait a minute,soulster how did you know it was me???i used a different name.
    I'm good at picking up on writing styles!

It's all good, though. I can shift gears for different sites to a degree. If you all noticed, I can also be a bit of stick in the mud around here because I am used to being over there. And, when I go back over there, I wanna chill a bit and talk about those banned topics we have no problem with here. I have to walk on egg shells over there because some right-winger religious type is gonna get offended and report me. Having said that, there are things that annoy me about this place, too. Y'all start multiple threads on the exact same thing, and have separate forums for music.

But, that's OK, because that's the way i've had to live my whole life. One group I can relax and talk about anything. the other group I have to tread lightly all the time. Sometimes it gets crazy because I have both forums open in tabs at the same time.

If you go back over there, you just gotta remember: you aren't at SDF.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Kind of reminds me of elementary school.
    Well, they need all those rules because grown middle-aged adults will not behave. You give people enough latitude and they will turn into cyber-thugs. Same thing happens here. If you take off for a few days, you can count on having to put out a couple of fires when you get back.

I'm always aware of the possibility of a fire, Soul. Fortunately things have been calm around the old forum for quite a while. I'm grateful.

I'm always aware of the possibility of a fire, Soul. Fortunately things have been calm around the old forum for quite a while. I'm grateful.
    Nope. WE had one just a few days ago, and the usual suspects were at it again.

A few days ago I closed the Bill Cosby thread because it seemed to be drifting south. Big deal. But nobody gets criticized for punctuation or spelling on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    That's the truth. They are also highly sensitive people. I know. I've talked to many of them. A lot of them are very politically conservative, despite their working in a supposedly "liberal" industry.

But, my main point to arr&bee is that record industry people don't have time for silliness or speculation, or the gossip that typically goes on here. Aside from the fact that record company executives, producers, and engineers read that forum, it's just makes sense to format your posts legibly, as that forum is read by people from literally around the world, many for whom English is not their first language. They can't always decipher the nuances and slang of we native English speakers.

Be coherent when you post. I'm not saying that you have be formal on an informal message board, but just use the basic sentence formatting, punctuation, and capitalization you learned in grade school. It's that simple. People are judged by how they write. If you write with run-on sentences, misspell, and don't use capitalization, people will think that you aren't serious, or are drunk.

Many of the members and moderators on that forum are professionals in various industries where writing is critical. if you write like youre drunk..sippin' that hooch heeeeheeee no one will read your posts and ignore you...you see what im sayin
    Name:  av-6.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  19.6 KB
    The capitalisation problem exists mainly because many people post from their mobile phones, which are difficult to type using capital letters because of small keys and needing to also press both the funtion [[FN) key at the same time as the letter key to produce a capital letter. It makes the typing so slow and difficult that it is often not worth the effort.

a few days ago i closed the bill cosby thread because it seemed to be drifting south. Big deal. But nobody gets criticized for punctuation or spelling on this forum.
    bless you ralpht!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    i'm good at picking up on writing styles!

It's all good, though. I can shift gears for different sites to a degree. If you all noticed, i can also be a bit of stick in the mud around here because i am used to being over there. And, when i go back over there, i wanna chill a bit and talk about those banned topics we have no problem with here. I have to walk on egg shells over there because some right-winger religious type is gonna get offended and report me. Having said that, there are things that annoy me about this place, too. Y'all start multiple threads on the exact same thing, and have separate forums for music.

But, that's ok, because that's the way i've had to live my whole life. One group i can relax and talk about anything. The other group i have to tread lightly all the time. Sometimes it gets crazy because i have both forums open in tabs at the same time.

If you go back over there, you just gotta remember: You aren't at sdf.
    oh no,im never going back there!!!!!

oh no,im never going back there!!!!!
    Chicken!

That thing about writing is in the rules. I doubt you read the forum FAQs. Newbies never do.

You're absolutely right soulster,which is why i love this forum so much, i come here like most of us do to relax and just rap about music or the issues of the day or whatever,of course my writing isn't politically correct[hehe]but we are like family in that we argue but we mostly get along without the little nitpicking[which i hate]that other forums have,when i'm here it's like i'm at my kitchen table wher anything can be discussed just be rspectful.

You're absolutely right soulster,which is why i love this forum so much, i come here like most of us do to relax and just rap about music or the issues of the day or whatever,of course my writing isn't politically correct[hehe]but we are like family in that we argue but we mostly get along without the little nitpicking[which i hate]that other forums have,when i'm here it's like i'm at my kitchen table wher anything can be discussed just be rspectful.
    We relax there too, but they nip any nitpicking or trolling in the bud.

There, they remove problem posts and even ban people from threads if they act up. There are no cat-fights or any snide remarks allowed there. The reason they ban kitchen table topics is because they always turn into nasty fights. Someone says a tiny little something about a political or religious position, someone takes offense, then someone else adds in race, then someone with an opposite opinion doesn't like what is being said and counters with their own opinion in harsher words, and, eventually you have insults and Fox news rhetoric being thrown around, then someone brings Al Sharpton or rap music into it, then someone brings in Donald Trump, and then you've got people insulting entire religions or races, or women, then it turns into hoes and abortions, blaming everything on Obama, and what your mama does in bed with you, and before you know it, the thread is so bad it has to be removed from the site and multiple people get suspended or banned.

I guarantee you that if this place had 10,000 members, thousands of posts a day, and a very diverse crowd, Ralph would also have to get eight moderators and pile on the rules to keep the peace.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-18-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Having moderators is one thing,tenth grade english teachers is another...nope i'm stayin put.

Hey, Soul, I can handle 20,000 members as long as most stayed cool. Lately I'm rather pleased with the relative calm on the forum lately.

JAI I enjoy communicating with you and the rest of them. I too like it that we can relax and not have to worry so much about grammar, spelling and puncuations. I know that I sometimes have the habit of typing too fast and leaving out some words in my posts. Luckily, I can go back and edit it if I choose.

Hey, Soul, I can handle 20,000 members as long as most stayed cool. Lately I'm rather pleased with the relative calm on the forum lately.
    That's just it. With such a huge diverse crowd, things will not stay cool. Put politics, race, and religion in the mix, and you have anarchy. And, we're not talking about a few college-aged people, we're talking about extremely opinionated and politically partisan middle-aged men. You've no doubt seen the kind of crap people write on news sites, YouTube, and Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    JAI I enjoy communicating with you and the rest of them. I too like it that we can relax and not have to worry so much about grammar, spelling and puncuations. I know that I sometimes have the habit of typing too fast and leaving out some words in my posts. Luckily, I can go back and edit it if I choose.
    English was always my best subject in school.

Hey soulster,i once mixed a[dangling participle]with a[subjagate noun]but the teacher threw it and me out...something about a violent counterproductive agitive.

Conjugation always sounded like something you should never do in public.

If not in public, it's allowed in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    If not in public, it's allowed in prison.
    I was thinking more along the lines of the Bunny Ranch.

Lamar... Is that you...?!

Quote Originally Posted by jerry oz View Post
    lamar... Is that you...?!
    lamar...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!