[REMOVE ADS]

Gwen McCrae - Let's Straighten It Out! [[2008)

In the mood to hear some good, good soul singing? Then check out Ms. Gwen McCrae here.....whew!

Oh yeah,a soul queen doin it raw.don't get no better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Oh yeah,a soul queen doin it raw.don't get no better than this.
    She hasn't lost a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She hasn't lost a thing!
    Yes Marvin, she's still got the voice, the same as when she first recorded this song back in '78. She was 65 on this clip, and still gorgeous !

Gwen McCrae is one of my favorite singer, I have all her LP's and even a few CD's too.

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Yes Marvin, she's still got the voice, the same as when she first recorded this song back in '78. She was 65 on this clip, and still gorgeous !

Gwen McCrae is one of my favorite singer, I have all her LP's and even a few CD's too.

Phil did you know that several times a week for at least the last 20 years radio station WBLS in New York plays her "Funky Sensation"?

Marvn, I suppose that "Funky Sensation" must have been her biggest hit, right ? Or, was it "Keep The Fire Burning" ?
    Though personnally I prefer by far her CAT period. Musicians, compositions, everything sounds more attractive to me.

Marv, did you know he very first LP was only released in Holland ? http://www.discogs.com/Gwen-McCrae-S...elease/1230104

Her biggest hit by far was "Rockin Chair" from 1974 on CAT, a TK Productions,Henry Stone label. My fave by her is "Damn Right Its Good" on CAT.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Her biggest hit by far was "Rockin Chair" from 1974 on CAT, a TK Productions,Henry Stone label. My fave by her is "Damn Right Its Good" on CAT.
    "Rockin' Chair" is what I thought also. She was not a one hit wonder.

She's a powerhouse vocalist! This is from eight years ago, however, I think she still does live in south Florida. She was being managed by the same guy managing Marva Whitney, but not sure anymore. He was located in Europe, where she and Marva could still draw big. It's ashame that such singers here in the States don't draw well and aren't even well remembered.