[REMOVE ADS]

A unique and gifted individual, David Bowie made his mark and has earned his iconic place in music history. Rest In Peace David Bowie. Thank you for the music.

Indeed. Thank you for the music, David; one of England's most innovative artists.

It's such a shock, I heard this less than an hour ago. I had read on your "Make This A Birthday To Remember" thread that it was his birthday Friday [[1/8). I had no idea he was ill, but as I am watching the news right now apparently few did. He was one of a kind.

It is a bit strange and a huge shock. Just a couple days ago I read he was planning a comeback with a new release. RIP David and thanks for all the great music memories.

Wow! He was good about keeping this quiet. I haven't been keeping up with new music lately so I was completely unaware that he released a new album last week. I liked "The Next Day", so I may like the new one.

R.I.P, Ziggy...I mean Thin White Duke...I mean David.

Too bad,good artist,another legend gone-r.i.p.

Many artists are known for having a catalogue of songs in a certain style. David Bowie put his 'person' into 'personality' and, as a result, released many unusual and very differing recordings.

He was always reinventing, and trying different styles - once, even in the middle of a tour.

Each of David Bowie's recordings appealed to millions - and each of those people have their own, very personal interpretation of them.

As Sophisticated Soul said earlier - one of a kind.