[REMOVE ADS]

Maine Gov. makes racial comments against Blacks

I saw that yesterday. If you think racism is just as pervasive in the northern states as in the south, then you haven't been paying attention. It's too bad there aren't enough brothers in Maine to hold this stinking sack of shit accountable. This will die down before the next news cycle and that's too bad.

He is already back peddling.....

Whoa....that ain't cool at all...once upon a time i was thinking about moving to maine,i'll stay where i'm at.

Sometimes I want to believe that people just don't know or understand what they are saying............

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I saw that yesterday. If you think racism is just as pervasive in the northern states as in the south, then you haven't been paying attention. It's too bad there aren't enough brothers in Maine to hold this stinking sack of shit accountable. This will die down before the next news cycle and that's too bad.
    There aren't. I use to see a couple of distributors up there in Portland back in the 90s and I was IT! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Whoa....that ain't cool at all...once upon a time i was thinking about moving to maine,i'll stay where i'm at.

It really is a nice place JAI. Before I moved to Boston and had to go up there on business, all I knew of Maine was "Dark Shadows". LOL!

Although Maine is a bastion of conservatism, i'm sure there are plenty of Whites up there who are also repulsed by the blatant racism of this governor, and can see right through his non-apology. Whether they will do anything about him when his election comes up will be interesting to see.

Not all Whites are bigots or racists, and do understand.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    He is already back peddling.....
    And not doing a very good job of it, either. He pretty much admitted to his racist thinking. he was clearly using race-baiting language not only with the nicknames, but suggesting that these unnamed Black thugs are raping and impregnating decent, pure as ivory White girls.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-08-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Wow. So the sweet and innocent "flowers of the South" moved north and the savages plucked them up there too. This country will never move forward.

Northerners have also always been racists. They didn't all come from the south.

Martin Luther King said that people he found in Skokie, Illinois were the worst that he came into contact with. They control entire counties in the Pacific Northwest and Northwest. And good ol' Sheriff Joe proves they thrive in the Southwest as well.

Martin Luther King said that people he found in Skokie, Illinois were the worst that he came into contact with. They control entire counties in the Pacific Northwest and Northwest. And good ol' Sheriff Joe proves they thrive in the Southwest as well.
    Thing is, it didn't used to be this bad down here. The midwesterners moved here and then it got worse.

At least you knew where you stood in the south,but up north behind those smilin faces???

If you live anywhere long enough, you find out the places that you can and cannot go. There are sections of town that I don't frequent specifically because I know of people who had hard times due to racism there. We have entire suburbs that are known to be intolerant. I remember a case in one of them where a white step-father chased his step-daughter's black boyfriend through town for blocks before trapping him in an alley and shooting him while the kid sat in his car. The sheriff tried the assailant for assault instead of attempted murder. His reasoning? Since the kid didn't die, we can't say that he wanted to kill him.

If you live anywhere long enough, you find out the places that you can and cannot go.
    That's not true. There are cities where you can go anywhere in it and not encounter problems. You might find people whom you don't like, or who don't like you, but it5's live and let live.

One thing I know about LePage is he is a friend of Chris Christie. 'Nuff Said.

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  21.1 KB
    There was always a lot of racism in The North, and there still is. But in most of The North, it's significantly less than in the former slave states.

There was a story on the local news today about a mother who has to decide whether to transfer her two daughters from a school in the suburbs after her classmates have been posting photos on Facebook wearing Klan hoods and in blackface song with racist messages.

One daughter quit the cheerleading team after being called the word by another cheerleader who immediately apologized. Last Fall, some of her classmates felt comfortable going to a football game in body paint with the words "ex-slave owner" spelled on their backs.

When the news pressed the school administrators about it, they said they composed and mailed letters to all parents about respecting diversity. They told the reporter they couldn't act against the kids because the social media posts were done away from school property. Yet, there are plenty of people who believe there is no more racism in the US.