[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    BUMP for POST #131 and #133!!!
    Wow, RossHolloway, you called it, didn't you!

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Wow, RossHolloway, you called it, didn't you!
    Well it was more of a thought than a guess, and I'm seldom right lol

Can't wait to get Syreeta's The Rita Years. Didn't think they had enough tracks. Nice surprise. Only wish they would release her album The Spell which I absolutely love.

Be on the lookout for More Motown Releases from Elemental. On Sep 16th another Four Tops CD Nature Planned It & David Ruffin My Whole World Ended. There is also a CD from Johnny Bristol Hang On In There Baby which was released same time as Jimmy Ruffin The Groove Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by noel181 View Post
    Can't wait to get Syreeta's The Rita Years. Didn't think they had enough tracks. Nice surprise. Only wish they would release her album The Spell which I absolutely love.

Be on the lookout for More Motown Releases from Elemental. On Sep 16th another Four Tops CD Nature Planned It & David Ruffin My Whole World Ended. There is also a CD from Johnny Bristol Hang On In There Baby which was released same time as Jimmy Ruffin The Groove Governor.
    That is good news about the Elemental releases. Kinda confirms the Motown period they're going for but I would really welcome them to release Four Tops Now!, the first Undisputed Truth album, The Originals Naturally Together and Definitions etc. They are doing a great job though and just about the best hope for regular Motown CD output.

Amazon UK now gives a mention to The Rita Wright Years...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rita-Wright...eywords=motown

honest man Guest
    Keith one down- Syreeta,any clues on next one ,as you mentioned there were 2 up for clearance.cheers.

if it happens ... it will be a bit different!

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    The Complete Weed Albums?

A bit different as in a deluxe edition sort of way?
    Or a BIT different as in unreleased Stevie Wonder from the 1960's

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    The Complete Weed Albums?
    LOL

I understand that all your favorite artists are on Weed!

Pat Boone - The Complete Hitsville / MC sides

The Irene Ryan Collection?

The Boone Sisters : all the hits? How was the Chris Clark album on Weed?[[seriously I think).

Motown - The Early years .... Unreleased. " A collection of 28 never-before-heard-tracks from 1960-1963". Featuring Edward Earling, Anita Knorl, Stepin Fetchit, Cornell Blakely, Johnny Powers and Many More!

ACE!!!!!!

and why not?

I want to do all these projects.

I know this ain't no "Anita Knorl" or whoever wants a collection on "Linda Griner" or "Thelma Brown", but I genuinely believe it would be most awesome, someway, on a Complete Motown era [[1962-1971) Stevie Wonder singles set, Hip-O Select Complete Singles style.

Yes, I know, Stevie's one of the biggest known, not just Motown, but music biz, but that's mostly on "Superstition", "You Are The Sunshine of My Life", "Higher Ground", "I Wish", "Sir Duke", "Ebony and Ivory" and "I Just Called To Say I Love You" Stevie Wonder. Only a handful, "Fingertips", "Uptight", "I Was Made To Love Her", "Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day", "For Once In My Life", "My Cherie Amour", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered", and "If You Really Love Me", is somewhat mainstream known, but less so remembrance on "Hey Harmonica Man", "Workout Stevie Workout", "Kiss Me Baby", "Nothing's Too Good For My Baby", "With A Child's Heart", "Never Had A Dream Come True", "Everytime I See You I Go Wild", "I'm Wondering", and "You Met Your Match", let alone the repackaging of them and many others, Stevie Wonder.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 08-13-2016 at 12:22 PM.

I want to do all these projects.
    I would purchase any Motown related projects, especially if Ace and Keith are involved!

For anyone who's interested, Mitchell Blue's Vital Blue album [[1971) is on iTunes [[I checked already, no physical product). Susaye Greene recorded vocal effects on three tracks [[Unseen Sounds, I Love You & For All We Know).

Lollipops the rare sides?

Ric Tic or Golden World Anthologies from original masters.

I just want that Leslie Uggams LP.......that is so good.

To me, "a it different " for ACE would be an expanded edition of an existing album, not simply a collection of unreleased and rare tracks. What do you think?

Or this one lol....Attachment 11610

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    To me, "a it different " for ACE would be an expanded edition of an existing album, not simply a collection of unreleased and rare tracks. What do you think?
    I second that. I'd love it of ACE could carry on with Expanded Editions on CD now Universal have given up. It isn't just the Supremes that deserve expanded editions.

ACE could run with them for years. The choice is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I just want that Leslie Uggams LP.......that is so good.
    Totally agree John with that suggestion and from the same time frame I would add Rose Banks' "Rose" album which, also, I think is sublime. Those two would make a good twofer if one doesn't mind having two different artists on one CD.

Ivor

I would like to see the Leslie Uggams LP on CD as well, but a better pairing with it might be Diahann Carroll's LP.

Ace does a lot of songwriter CDs...how about a Ron Miller tribute? His body of work is incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by mike_sku View Post
    I would like to see the Leslie Uggams LP on CD as well, but a better pairing with it might be Diahann Carroll's LP.

Ace does a lot of songwriter CDs...how about a Ron Miller tribute? His body of work is incredible!
    Perhaps that concept is what is in the que, but I might expect HDH to be so honored for previously unreleased selections.. or Smokey Robinson....

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Perhaps that concept is what is in the que, but I might expect HDH to be so honored for previously unreleased selections.. or Smokey Robinson....
    Carole......I know you meant to include Henry Cosby in that listing....didn't you!

If Ace/Kent were to go the composer route for Motown, I 'd expect that they would go with the most recognizeable names first.. and one's likely to have enough unreleased selections in the vault for inclusion- unless, there would be a mixture of released & unreleased recordings.

Hopefully, ACE/KENT recognizes that they appeal to an audience that hopes for unreleased recordings. We have many opportunities to obtain the released material. The upcoming projects, in my opinion, should continue to focus on unreleased rarities with some alternate versions ... or at least be expanded editions that include unreleased tracks from the period.

Their releases to date have all been terrific! That's right, "Honey, we is terrific!" :-)

Quote Originally Posted by noel181 View Post

Those Elementals are now starting to show on Amazon UK....
    David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whole-World...avid+ruffin+cd

Four Tops - Nature Planned It

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nature-Plan...ure+planned+it

The Expanded Album notion is in our minds [[well, some of them anyway), but the above-mentioned "bit different" item does not fall into that class, as we've already done a few EAs ...

Great news about the Syreeta aka Rita Wright release,i can't wait.Also i want Mary Wilson's first Motown solo album,on cd.
    Last edited by REDHOT; 08-16-2016 at 01:37 PM.

The Expanded Album notion is in our minds [[well, some of them anyway), but the above-mentioned "bit different" item does not fall into that class, as we've already done a few EAs ...
    Thanks, Keith ... for all that you do!!!! I guess I am blanking out on what the Motown ACE/KENT expanded editions were.

Thanks, Keith ... for all that you do!!!! I guess I am blanking out on what the Motown ACE/KENT expanded editions were.
    The following releases contained [[an) album/s released either in the U.S. or U.K. or both accompanied by additional tracks [[often previously unreleased):
    Eddie Holland, Marv Johnson, the Monitors, Shorty Long, The Spinners, Brenda Holloway; and in the case of the Fantastic Four a scheduled but unreleaserd album + bonus tracks.

Keith would love to see the Junior Walker sweet period album get a CD release at last, any possibility?

"Baby Love - The Essential Diana Ross & The Supremes" 3 disc box set coming soon from Spectrum. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Love-E...eywords=Motown

"Baby Love - The Essential Diana Ross & The Supremes" 3 disc box set coming soon from Spectrum. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Love-E...eywords=Motown
    Any information on content?

How about a San Remo Strings compilation? Keith - in the back of my mind I have the thought that Ace were working on this some time back. Is that true....or if not, how about a compilation?

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    I don't think so but it can't be long - only a month till release.

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    How about a San Remo Strings compilation? Keith - in the back of my mind I have the thought that Ace were working on this some time back. Is that true....or if not, how about a compilation?
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Their 2 albums [["Hungry For Love" and "Swing") plus bonus and unreleased tracks as well. A little bit like that Marginal bootleg [[which is good I think) but better. I'd buy it.

But [[for fun) - what if Motown had released a 2fer. Attachment 11626
    Last edited by mysterysinger; 08-21-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Am I wrong, or has it been ages since we have have a Spectrum release???

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    I like the idea of a San Remo Strings comp [[even though I do have the Marginal release). Have any of their singles made it to other compilation CDs?

The MARGINAL San Remo Golden Strings release tracklist....

1 Hungry For Love
    2 Downtown
    3 Festival Time
    4 A Child's Prayer
    5 Lonely One
    6 Blueberry Hill
    7 I'm Satisfied
    8 People
    9 Old Man River
    10 Joy Road
    11 Everybody Loves A Lover
    12 Some Things You Never Get Used To
    13 I Second That Emotion
    14 I'm Leaving This Old Town
    15 Reach Out I'll Be There
    16 Day By Day Or Never
    17 It's Not Unusual
    18 I Was Made To Love Her
    19 Born Free
    20 Up, Up And Away
    21 To Sir With Love
    22 Alfie
    23 My Girl
    24 Home Coming
    25 Quanto Sei Bella [[You Are So Beautiful)
    26 All Turned On
    27 Still Hungry

Am I wrong, or has it been ages since we have have a Spectrum release???
    Spectrum have been busy releasing product but not so much Motown. They did release the 5 CD Motown Chartbusters box set in mini lp format quite recently. There are several box sets ready for release but only the Supremes one yet as far as Motown goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Has anyone seen the artwork for this release online?

As per other threads, Supremes A Go Go Expanded should be available this year.

Baby Love : The Essential Diana Ross & The Supremes Box set

There's now a photo of the cover on Amazon but no track list though it is a collection of 59 classic tracks on 3 CDs. Tamla Motown label. £7.99 can't be bad.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Love-E...eywords=motown

Still no track listing for the new "Baby Love" 3 CD set but it is eligible for autorip on amazon.

Baby Love : The Essential Diana Ross & The Supremes Box set

There's now a photo of the cover on Amazon but no track list though it is a collection of 59 classic tracks on 3 CDs. Tamla Motown label. £7.99 can't be bad.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Love-E...eywords=motown
    Just buy a Hip-O Select Diana Ross & the Supremes: 50th Anniversary the Singles Collection 1961-1969 - medium pricey, but as far as compilations of the Diana Ross years go, that will be all one needs.

More Rare Earth to be released on Culture Factory this year so keep a watch on their website if you're interested.
    http://culturefactoryusa.com/268-motown