Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
The reason most rapes go unreported cause the vicims are treatedas criminally by some men because of the way they dress or if they consumed liquor or because they dont go to the police or the doctor. Have you any idea the shame a woman feel after being raped. You believe Cosbys innocent well I do not. I think he drug and rape a large percentage of those women and it makes it real hard for me to believe that he did not.
Roberta,

Indeed, what you say is true & I feel for any woman or man who has felt the need to remain silent.

However, we're speaking about women who just happened to have come along during the explosion of the sexual revolution, where the mores had completely changed.

Let's take for instance, the woman who claimed to have been raped in the Playboy Mansion in the late 60s at age 15. Now at the age of 8, I knew what Playboy Magazine was all about, as my cousins & uncles had the magazines. So my question then becomes, exactly WHY was a 15 year-old in that mansion & how did she even know to go there?

If she was 15, then it means that she must've lied in order to gain entry. So am I to believe that she went there with the intent of getting glasses of Nestle's Strawberry or Chocolate Quik? Or do I take an educated guess & conclude that while perhaps may have been looking for some milk, that it wasn't from that bunny from the commercial.

I'm sorry, but I'm simply having a difficult time believing that out of 50+ women, not one of those women went around Cosby without having an agenda of their own set firmly in place.

And from what I remember about rape, most times rape is committed by either a perfect stranger, or a family member or friend. But I can't believe that that Cosby found 50 women whom were confident or headstrong enough to believe that they could compete in the shark infested waters known as show business [[which has historically chewed up & spit out young ladies by the thousands), yet were too afraid to utter a mumbling word about Cosby in an era where Black men were chased out of neighborhoods such as Howard Beach & Bensonhurst for walking through those areas, much less touching a Caucasian woman.

Never in the history of negrodome, have I heard of a man raping 5 Caucasian women & surviving, much less 50.

I'm sorry, but I know of far too many women who didn't "believe" that they had been sexually assaulted, they KNEW that they had been sexually assaulted & while some were afraid to come forward because they had to be around their tormentor, as he was a family member or friend, these women don't have that same excuse.

And as we have seen far too many times, the fact that a woman or a man accuses someone of something, doesn't mean that it's necessarily true.

I honestly believe that these women were perfectly willing to go along with his program because he promised them help. I believe that he likely reneged on his promises & likely dismissed them when someone newer or fresher cane along & they became pissed, but really had no way to even the score.

And once one accusation caught fire, that opened the door for some retribution to be exacted. Seriously, even if what they assert is true, perhaps a few women whom were scared may have surfaced once this surfaced. But suddenly, more than 50 women whom were terrorized suddenly found courage & strength to come forward?

50+?

Sorry, perhaps I know too many people who'll fight for themselves tooth & nail without any prodding from anyone, but I simply give women a lot more credit than that.

And isn't it somewhat interesting that almost ALL of these women found this courage & strength only AFTER the Statute Of Limitations expired, where by law, Cosby doesn't have to defend himself & won't face prosecution. However, by doing so, they've placed him in the position of having to defend himself against charges which have no true legal ramifications for him, or look guilty as hell if he exercises his right to refuse to do so. For most, their accusations are more than sufficient to prove "guilt".

So even if he wins, he's already lost in the court of public opinion & do you want to bet that if he slipped a million to each of them, that all of this would've gone away?

I save my sympathies for the women, children & yes, men, whom I know have been sexually assaulted & from most of the accounts that I've read, these women DID NOT respond as most sexual assault victims I've known or seen.

But based upon what I've observed in about 40 years of being in clubs, at shows & anything entertainment related, most of these women have reacted & this is just my opinion, as thousands of women whom I've seen who were perfectly willing to go along in order to get along.

But what taints this whole picture is that we're talking about sexual assault, which is about the worst thing that any human can do to another & the mere thought or accusation of it makes people think of all of the men who HAVE raped & taken advantage of women & some people find it difficult to believe that a woman would ever lie about such a thing.

Sorry to say it, but a lot of women & even kids do lie. I know a mentally handicapped man who lost more than 10 years of his life sitting in prison, because some teenager [[who was actually screwing his equally mentally-handicapped brother), accused him of "touching" him, all because he wouldn't give the kid money.

People do lie & when millions of dollars at stake, some may believe that there's strength in numbers. You may find 5 or even 10 women who'll be assaulted & not file a police report, or won't go to the hospital in order to get themselves checked out. But Bill managed to find more than 50 women who did absolutely nothing & a few who willingly chose to remain in his presence & accept money & other favors afterward.

That doesn't seem to fit the description of fear, trauma, nor rape, for that matter.

What that suggests, I'll leave for God to decide.

Having said that, if all of this proves to be true, then let the chips fall where they may & he'll have earned every drop of scorn being heaped upon him.

I also say that all of these universities removing his name from everything, should give every dime that he's donated to them to a charity for battered or sexually abused women & children.

If they honestly believe that he's guilty of what he's been accused of, then they shouldn't want to receive that kind of "bad" money. Let's see how many of them will do that, or remain a bunch of hypocrites who pay lip service & are willing to distance themselves from him, but certainly WILL NOT distance themselves from the millions that he's donated to them.

Ted Cruz will kiss President Obama in the middle of Times Square at high noon before such a thing ever happens.