[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercarter2u View Post
    So.. what is the deal with this release? Will it be available in the US? On Amazon? ITunes? Any idea when?
    That is a good question. We've talked about this for a while.

It's still not available in the UK either. Any chance that Andy, Keith or Harry could find out from the people in control of releases at Universal what's happening and whether there is a scheduled regional release plan rather than a 'global' one. Eager fans have been waiting since December to find out more and spend their money .

If you are based in the UK and have a Paypal account you can download it at;

https://www.musicload.de/web/album?id=14276423

It took me about 5 minutes to download it.

I've been told it will become available world-wide on May 27 ...

Keith

Thanks, Keith! I appreciate the heads up from someone "in the know."

Thanks Keith - much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    I've been told it will become available world-wide on May 27 ...

Keith
    Thanks Keith. Finally a date we can look forward to.

At last it's here........it arrived on UK iTunes today, 3rd June [[amusingly stating release date of 18 Dec 2015). I see it's been on US iTunes since last week. Happy days eventually.

........and best price [[in the UK) seems to be Google Play at £9.99

where's that Google Play?

John - it's Google's own music download/streaming service. You can search [[google!) for it or try:
    https://play.google.com

Their prices are usually keen, they often have bargain offers and their mp3 files are decent quality at 320kbps.

I bought my copy at 7digital.com on Wednesday, June 1st. It'd been on Amazon and iTunes [[US) since the weekend, but I know 7digital sells the tracks at 320kbps as opposed to 256kbps on Amazon. If I'm only going to have digital copies of tracks [[for the foreseeable future), I want them to be as high quality as possible. 7digital was selling the set for $12.99--which is about the same price as Amazon and iTunes. Thanks to Paul Nixon for the heads up about worldwide availability finally happening! I'm always glad to find any unreleased Motown I can get!

It's, as always, interesting to hear these unearthed recordings. I can see why some didn't get released, but I particularly enjoyed Marvin's version of 'The End Of A Love Affair'. After listening and thinking back to the mass of his other ‘standards’ that have been unearthed [[including on ‘Vulnerable’ and other 'unreleased' over the years) I do wonder why Motown spent so much money on the time, arrangements and sessions when nothing was getting released? The ‘Nat King Cole’ and ‘Broadway’ albums got official releases but as they were commercial failures why flog on? I know Berry was always keen to 'cross over' and that maybe they were allowing Marvin his whims to be a 'standards singer', but there were obviously hours and hours of recordings that never got issued. And it's not that he wasn't getting hits with the 'Motown sound', especially by the time it got to '65.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    It's, as always, interesting to hear these unearthed recordings. I can see why some didn't get released, but I particularly enjoyed Marvin's version of 'The End Of A Love Affair'. After listening and thinking back to the mass of his other ‘standards’ that have been unearthed [[including on ‘Vulnerable’ and other 'unreleased' over the years) I do wonder why Motown spent so much money on the time, arrangements and sessions when nothing was getting released? The ‘Nat King Cole’ and ‘Broadway’ albums got official releases but as they were commercial failures why flog on? I know Berry was always keen to 'cross over' and that maybe they were allowing Marvin his whims to be a 'standards singer', but there were obviously hours and hours of recordings that never got issued. And it's not that he wasn't getting hits with the 'Motown sound', especially by the time it got to '65.
    My guess is that it all had to do with Marvin's relationship with Motown, Berry Gordy and his wife Anna. It's always discussed the special treatment and attention that the Supremes/Diana Ross received from Berry Gordy/Motown, but I think the special relationship Marvin had with BG/Motown is also overlooked.

RossHolloway Guest
    I would also add that recording this type of material was not uncommon among for a lot of the Motown acts during this time frame. Motown didn't just want their artists to be R&B artists, but they also wanted them to be capable of singing anything and performing anywhere. The Supremes did it, the Four Tops, the Temptations, Stevie Wonder and a few others. It was all a part of the bigger picture beyond just the Motown Sound.