[REMOVE ADS]

Golden vibes-lionel hampton

One of his best ever on the columbia lable,his covers of some of the great standards is outstanding...[satin doll-my funny valentine-the more i see you] just to name afew, a great classic lp from from a jazz master.

Jimmy became the featured singer for him in 1948 / 1949 / 1950 / 1952 / 1953 and still did an occasional gig with him in the 1990's and early 2000's such as the Charlie Parker Festival in N.Y.C.

S.S.

On this same note; I've been listening to a lot of Billie Holiday especially with Count Basie

edafan

Lionel Hampton was terrific. He reportedly said that Johnny Lytle was "the greatest vibes player in the world." Check out to this great piece of music titled THE MAN--written and performed by Johnny Lytle that I had posted on SDF once before:

http://youtu.be/j7oGsY69apY

Thanks to jonesyl15 for this YouTube posting.